Carpenter = Romanowski

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Daunte Culpepper reminds me of Bledsoe. They both wear #11 and when I see #11 it reminds me that's Drew's number.:lmao2:

Dante isn't anywhere near the passer Bledsoe is/was (when he doesn't have Moss to lob it up to) and Bledsoe couldn't move as fast as Dante unless he was in a sportscar.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rack said:
LMAO!

Why do people always have to compare white players to former white players, and black players to former black players?

You see a big white WR... oh he reminds me of Ed McCaffrey.

People didn't know what to do when they saw Byron Leftwich. Some even said "he reminds me of Donovan McNabb". WHAT?!

Sorry, but that's a major pet peeve of mine.

For the record, Byron Leftwich reminds me of Dan Marino.

Reminds me more of Fouts then Marino. Nobody really reminds me of Marino. Nobody has that release like he did.

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
i hope you're referring to romo's style of play, not his rampant steriod use and off-field antics. if he hits people in the mouth like romo did, i'm all for the comparision, just not the roid rage.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Reminds me more of Fouts then Marino. Nobody really reminds me of Marino. Nobody has that release like he did.

Yeah I guess fouts is a better comparison. Marino had a much quicker release then Leftwich.

Still, Leftwich's toughness and lack of mobility are reminiscent (sp?) of Marino.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
No they are not :mad: Wolverine fans are though :p:

NO MICHIGAN FANS! :D

Brutus_Buckeye_in_a_cartoon_character.gif

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
If you, or anyone for that matter, ever says/posts this again I will reach through my monitor and strangle you.

lmao...

*cue in neosapien23 to comment on his disgust for "internet thuggery"...*

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
If it matters, Carpenter is quoted on GaC ESPN Dallas as saying the following, "Coach Parcells called me the "white Carl Banks". I compare myself to Mike Vrabel. I also like Kevin Greene and Joey Porter as well."

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
If it matters, Carpenter is quoted on GaC ESPN Dallas as saying the following, "Coach Parcells called me the "white Carl Banks". I compare myself to Mike Vrabel. I also like Kevin Greene and Joey Porter as well."

That would be a Pretty Damn Good Player!

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
That would be a Pretty Damn Good Player!
I think Porter may be a better edge rush, but I think Carpenter will be better in coverage and run support. Carl Banks was a good player, all around solid guy. Mike Vrabel is obviously a good all around player. I can't wait to see how this pans out. Parcells drafted LT and Banks in back to back drafts. One can only hope he catches lighting in a bottle twice.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
I think Porter may be a better edge rush, but I think Carpenter will be better in coverage and run support. Carl Banks was a good player, all around solid guy. Mike Vrabel is obviously a good all around player. I can't wait to see how this pans out. Parcells drafted LT and Banks in back to back drafts. One can only hope he catches lighting in a bottle twice.

No Question!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I always liked DD Lewis as a complementary LB'er. Not a superstar but consistant for years. Also made big plays in big spots. If that's how Carp turns out I'd be happy.

Scotman

Reaction score
Someone replied a "more athletic Ken Norton." How great would that be? Wasn't it Norton who played a good many games with a torn bicep muscle? He waited to have surgery so he wouldn't let his team down.

That's what this team is really missing.

I love the fiery attitude this kid seems to have. We need someone to walk out onto the field on Sundays and punch the other team in the mouth.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I may get ripped for this but here goes.

Last year we wanted Merriman over Ware. Bobby Carpenter = Shawne Merriman.

BIG/FAST/MEAN

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I truly believe that our OLBs are going to be special. Our ILBs are good, no doubt, but the outside guys are going to be awesome! Carpenter does remind me of Ken Norton now that some of you mention it.

Oh, and Rack, the whole color thing isn't meant as a slur or anything. It's human nature, dude. When you see somebody and you try to compare them in the same light as someone else people tend to automatically include their looks as well as their ability...even if it's something superficial like complexion. Relax, man. :)

Skip

Reaction score
StoneyBurk said:
Is Bobby Carpenter another Bill Romonowski ? They are both VERY intense and although Romo was never great he was very good for a long time

I can't at and Romonowski and wile he was an intense player I hope Carpenter is a better player and individual.

I do think Carpenter has a great motor and the right attitude to help our defense a lot.