Carpenter = Romanowski

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
I don't recall Green ever being asked to do anything but rush the QB. While with the Rams, Pitts and Panthers all he did was rush.

I guess I'm comparing Greens legendary rush ability to Carp rush potential. Plus they are similar builds (Green 6'3" 248lbs) and both have good football temperments. Also, I did say Carp had better AA which should translate into him being a better cover Backer in both Zone and Man.

I just don't remember Green in coverage that much. Same for Greg Lloyd.

As I recall, Green went low in the draft because he didn't test well at the Combine. In truth, if Green would have had to play the traditional LB, he probably never would have made it. When the Rams drafted him, they new exactly why. He was going to be there rush OLB. I guess I just see Carpenter as a much more rounded LB. To me, his strenght is everything but rushing the passer. JMO.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
StoneyBurk said:
Is Bobby Carpenter another Bill Romonowski ? They are both VERY intense and although Romo was never great he was very good for a long time

Intense vs Dirty

That is the difference......Carpenter to my knowledge is not dirty.....spit on players .....punch them from the blind side.....etc.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This is a bit old school, but the LB Carpenter most reminds me of is Bill Bergey the former Eagle. Bergey had his beard, Carpenter has his long hair. Both play like you stole something from them or insulted their mother.

I can see the comparison to Romo from the intensity level but I don't think it fits. Romo was manic and played psychological games, Carpenter plays with controlled agreesion.

Connection20

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the board, long long time Cowboy fan here. Also a huge Buckeye fan, so I can speak with a little insight on this subject. To me, Carp is a Vrabel clone. Big, fast, good rusher, strong, great in coverage, can play OLB, ILB, DE, and has great passion for the game

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
As I recall, Green went low in the draft because he didn't test well at the Combine. In truth, if Green would have had to play the traditional LB, he probably never would have made it. When the Rams drafted him, they new exactly why. He was going to be there rush OLB. I guess I just see Carpenter as a much more rounded LB. To me, his strenght is everything but rushing the passer. JMO.
I think you and I agree. I think he too will be a more complete backer than Green. I think he will be a more complete Backer than Green, I only hope he rushes the QB at a rate comparable or better than Green.

superpunk

Reaction score
Connection20 said:
Hi guys, new to the board, long long time Cowboy fan here. Also a huge Buckeye fan, so I can speak with a little insight on this subject. To me, Carp is a Vrabel clone. Big, fast, good rusher, strong, great in coverage, can play OLB, ILB, DE, and has great passion for the game
:welcome:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Connection20 said:
:welcome: to the forum. Keep posting. Good example.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Connection20 said:

Buckeye Fans are Always Welcome!:D

2much2soon

Reaction score
Hostile said:
This is a bit old school, but the LB Carpenter most reminds me of is Bill Bergey the former Eagle. Bergey had his beard, Carpenter has his long hair. Both play like you stole something from them or insulted their mother.

I can see the comparison to Romo from the intensity level but I don't think it fits. Romo was manic and played psychological games, Carpenter plays with controlled agreesion.

I remember Bergey tormenting the Cowboys on more than a few occasions. Harold Carmicheal and Wilbert Montgomery, too.
Do you remember when Carmicheal was at the end of his career and Dallas had him in camp? Must of been '83-'86, sometime in there.
I remember him standing on the sidelines in a Cowboys uniform and thinking how strange that looked. He was pretty worn out by that time and was gone by the first cut IIRC.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Bill Bergey. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Bergey was not very athletic thou. Could be wrong. It's been a good 25 years since I've seen him play. Maybe more.

Lord Hos!

:laugh2:

Q_the_man

Reaction score
StoneyBurk said:
Is Bobby Carpenter another Bill Romonowski ? They are both VERY intense and although Romo was never great he was very good for a long time
That was the first thing i told my brother when he ask me who was Carpenter....

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Carpenter = Romanowski

If you, or anyone for that matter, ever says/posts this again I will reach through my monitor and strangle you.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He is nothing like Romo more like Charles Manson. :laugh2: Very intense!!!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Carpenter = Romanowskghhhhhgggghhhhhhhhhh

LMAO!

Im thinking Karl Mecklenberg. Both had versatility and were very good players.

Why do people always have to compare white players to former white players, and black players to former black players?

You see a big white WR... oh he reminds me of Ed McCaffrey.

People didn't know what to do when they saw Byron Leftwich. Some even said "he reminds me of Donovan McNabb". WHAT?!

Sorry, but that's a major pet peeve of mine.

For the record, Byron Leftwich reminds me of Dan Marino.

Big D

Reaction score
Rack said:
For the record, Byron Leftwich reminds me of Dan Marino.

Byron Leftwich reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Big D said:
Byron Leftwich reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger.

Daunte Culpepper reminds me of Bledsoe. They both wear #11 and when I see #11 it reminds me that's Drew's number.:lmao2: