Carpenter's Attitude

50cent

Reaction score
Many of you already know that I was on the Carpenter bandwagon from go. I have been pissed at the Cowboys ever since the Commanders game in DC. If you didn't know, my sig says it all. During the game, Witten was rocked on our sideline for a personal foul against the Commanders and not one Cowboys fought back. Your pro-bowl TE gets leveled on your sideline and not one guy even attempted to beat the ^*%$ out of Washington(Player, not team) for the hit. That one play haunted me for the rest of the season and simply made me Carps number one fan and draftee prospect.

Now comes word that one team took Carp off of their draft board for being too cocky and in your face type of a guy. I say, thats exactly what we need. Thats also the reason I wanted this guy, because he will not back down from anything. You add his attitude plus the T.O. factor to our teams mentality, we are now set to make a run. I'm not saying we will win it, but we damn sure won't get punked or back down anymore. This was a much needed addition for the entire team.

I don't condone anyone trying to hurt someone, but teams don't respect you if you don't stand up for yourself. Washington sensed that and took full advantage of us. Its almost the Phoenix Suns syndrome. The have gotten punked for 4 games and finally someone decided to stand their ground vs. Kobe. Carp will stand his ground and in the process if he decides to get in a couple of his teammates face for not playing tough, then do it. We have too many nice guys on defense and its time to start smacking some people. Not to intentionally hurt someone, but to impose our will on other teams instead of the other way around.

rojan

Reaction score
I noticed that abot our team too

Great Post!!!

50cent

Reaction score
rojan said:
I noticed that abot our team too

Great Post!!!
Thanks! BTW, my blood boils everytime I think about that hit on Witten. It truly pisses me off that we did nothing.

The Realist

Reaction score
Commonly referred to as SacramentoKingsItis.

Go ahead Kobe, elbow Bibby in the nose. We're cool with it.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
that's prolly why so many of "the U" guys make the NFL. all pro sports teams need "enforcer" types. you know...

thugs.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I voted Lawson over Carpenter prior to the draft, but Carpenter's attitude was one of the big things that intrigued me about him. Lawson, to me, just seemed like another guy in terms of edge; now, his physical freakness was on a level all to its own, but I didn't see him as the type of helmet-bangin', in-your-face style player.

Hopefully, Carpenter brings just that to this defense. Roy brings it in terms of hitting, but it's hard to really pinpoint a loud-mouth guy out there. Had there even been one in the past? I haven't seen it.

2much2soon

Reaction score
I agree completely. Dallas has only had a couple of guys like that on defense since the last SB.
Randall Godfrey and George Teague.

50cent

Reaction score
The Realist said:
Nice, I like it. You don't have to worry about that anymore with Artest now, not to mention Bonzi!

felix360

Reaction score
great post, couldnt have put it any better, we need some that attitude on the team, if u watched some the ohio games or some highlights you will see Carp with that attitude. damn i cant wait for the season to start

50cent

Reaction score
Dale said:
I voted Lawson over Carpenter prior to the draft, but Carpenter's attitude was one of the big things that intrigued me about him. Lawson, to me, just seemed like another guy in terms of edge; now, his physical freakness was on a level all to its own, but I didn't see him as the type of helmet-bangin', in-your-face style player.

Hopefully, Carpenter brings just that to this defense. Roy brings it in terms of hitting, but it's hard to really pinpoint a loud-mouth guy out there. Had there even been one in the past? I haven't seen it.
I too, went back and forth with Lawson and Carp, but I wanted Carp attitude. Someone with fire. Not necessarily a loud mouth, but just a tough SOB. It kills me to think about Witten getting a concussion and not one Cowboy stepping up.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dale said:

Bradie James gets pumped out there. Our linebackers are going to be just plain ole nasty.

shnagy

Reaction score
I remember seeing Keith Davis in other players' faces often. Seems like he is one of those guys also. I could be wrong though.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
The Realist said:

Go ahead Kobe, elbow Bibby in the nose. We're cool with it.

Bibby? Bibby's got to get passed the Spurs first.

Not gonna happen.

And Kobe's a *****.

50cent

Reaction score
shnagy said:
I remember seeing Keith Davis in other players' faces often. Seems like he is one of those guys also. I could be wrong though.
I agree, but I think KD was more focused on solidifing his job moreso than anything else. Anytime BP nicknames you "Killa", that has to be a good thing. He gave the same nicknames to fella named Carl Banks and he turned out pretty tough.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
I honestly wanted Manny Lawson at first.. but after I read the cocky attitude about Carpenter then I actually started heading towards wanting him as our pick more and more.

And you're right.. our team was quite soft last season. But then again when you have Ellis, also known as the Cry Baby, as one of our team "leaders" what do you expect?

It's about time that we start developing a cocky, physical team, that doesn't take anything from anyone and if that's what Carpenter can bring then hopefully it'll help the rest of the team feed off of it.

We have enough nice guys on our team. Hopefully Carp will have a Ray Lewis type attitude that holds everyone else accountable and if they're taking plays off will get in their face so they won't slack anymore.

One can hope right.

PacoReloaded

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Bradie James gets pumped out there. Our linebackers are going to be just plain ole nasty.
Hopefully Carp's attitude will rub off on Ware and help put that killer instinct in him that he was lacking last season.

That's one reason why I preferred Merriman over Ware and it was due to the attitude. Merriman just came across as one of those guys that was just going to try to rip your head off as each and every snap as compared to Ware just being there.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
2much2soon said:
I agree completely. Dallas has only had a couple of guys like that on defense since the last SB.
Randall Godfrey and George Teague.

Ken Norton Jr. and James Washington...

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
Dale said:
but it's hard to really pinpoint a loud-mouth guy out there. Had there even been one in the past? I haven't seen it.

IMO the enforcer of the 92 and 93 defense was Ken Norton Jr. He was a in your face kind of player who was very vocal. Charles Haley was a take no prisoner type of player as well.

As for earlier versions of that type of player I'd have to say Lee Roy Jordan, Randy White, Cliff Harris and even Harvey Martin were vocal leaders on the field.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
You are exactly right....we need to be tougher....and Carp will bring it!