Carpenter's Attitude

ghst187

Reaction score
I was definitely a fence-sitter on the whole Lawson vs Carpenter debate. I will admit that I just slightly wanted Lawson over Carpenter purely for athletic ability. I do agree that Carpenter was a better fit. The reasons I had difficulty deciding which one I liked more came down to Lawson's freakish athleticism vs Carpenter's attitude and experience at LB.
I do agree that Carpenter's attitude is exactly what our D needs. He's a mean and scrappy SOB that will hit you and hit you and hit you. He's a total team player and plays with serious fire. He's a fiery leader, something we've lacked since Woodson retired. Rest assured, Bobby Carpenter will be the defensive captain by year 2 and will be the heart and soul of the defense. That's just the kind of player, competitor, and person he is. I'm happy as hell to have him on my team.

50cent

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
The hit was in bounds, but the whistle was blown incorrectly for a bogus forward progress call. Witten was still on the move when Marcus clobbered him.
The hit drew a penalty ON OUR SIDELINE, thats all I'm concerned about. It left our TE with a concussion and not one Cowboys player lifted a finger. Not even their middle finger to MArcus Washington. We now have MEN on both sides of the ball and those days are over. BP won't tolerate any foolish penalties, but you can bet your sweet ***, that type of stuff is over from other teams. I hope the list grows, but here are the guys that I expect to smack people that offend our star:
1. T.O.- Like it or not, this guy plays with a bullseye on him and he always seems to turn that into motivation as well as putting a bulleye on his defender.

2. Keith Davis - He was one of the very few that showed no backdown, but as stated earlier, I think his focus was more on staying in the starting line up. Thus he couldn't afford to get in BPs dog house with foolish fouls especially with his blown coverages.

3. Fasano - Maybe a rookie, but all reports are that he is tough as nails.

4. Carp - "Cocky" and "Passionate", nuff said.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
A dream come true.

Carpenter hits Brunell from the front/Ware hits him at the same time from the back/Roy Williams slices thru the middle to hit Brunell at the same time that Carpenter hits him, and Montavious Stanley lands on top of the pile, Watkins picks up the fumble and runs into the Endzone, while Carpenter elbows Brunell at the bottom of the pile and tells him he'll be back soon.

That's a dream come true.

ghst187

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
A dream come true.

Carpenter hits Brunell from the front/Ware hits him at the same time from the back/Roy Williams slices thru the middle to hit Brunell at the same time that Carpenter hits him, and Montavious Stanley lands on top of the pile, Watkins picks up the fumble and runs into the Endzone, while Carpenter elbows Brunell at the bottom of the pile and tells him he'll be back soon.

That's a dream come true.

a dream come true would be Roy earholing Danny Snyder while Ware takes out his legs and Montavious Stanley does an off-the-top-rope body splash on top of him
and then he and the foreskins go bankrupt and are forced to move to mexico.
THAT my friend, is a dream come true...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
a dream come true would be Roy earholing Danny Snyder while Ware takes out his legs and Montavious Stanley does an off-the-top-rope body splash on top of him
:lmao2: :lmao: Priceless!!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ghst187 said:

Why would you want Snyder to get hurt? He's been a great asset to the cowboys. :D

MiStar

Reaction score
This whole attitude thing is getting completely overanalyzed. He will play injured. He will give 100% on every snap. He isn't afraid to go toe-to-toe with offensive linemen. This is stuff that you get a feel for by watching him play.

All this talk about him being dirty, mean, talking trash, and being an inspirational type of player has no factual basis that I can discern. Unless you've actually played with him or have accounts from other people who played with or against him, I don't see people can make all of these character evaluations.

50cent

Reaction score
MiStar said:
This whole attitude thing is getting completely overanalyzed. He will play injured. He will give 100% on every snap. He isn't afraid to go toe-to-toe with offensive linemen. This is stuff that you get a feel for by watching him play.

All this talk about him being dirty, mean, talking trash, and being an inspirational type of player has no factual basis that I can discern. Unless you've actually played with him or have accounts from other people who played with or against him, I don't see people can make all of these character evaluations.
Nobody said he was dirty or a trash talker, but mean, and inspirational are all true. Ask AJ HAwk about Carps inspiration when he went down with a broken ankle and when they first met for a HS all-star game.