Twitter: Carson Wentz to the Commanders?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This trade was Jim Irsay having a tantrum. Actually, he had one right after the Jacksonville loss and this is a result.

He doesn't have a better QB on the roster. He doesn't have a first round pick in a relatively weak QB draft.

Unless Andrew Luck is coming out of retirement (not likely) he doesn't have a better option on the market, either.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
The funniest part of this is that the Eagles haven't even used the 1st round pick yet they got in the deal.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Reaction score
This is a good deal for Washington.
The cost wasn't prohibitive for him. The $28 million this year sucks, but there's no guaranteed money after that.

The colts FO is in damage control mode, their owner is Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder melded together, while smoking crack. The guy's a moron.
The gm is circling the wagons to protect his job. This smear job is a result of his temper tantrum for losing to the jags.. who also beat the bills. That coupled with the vaccination flap sealed it.
At the end of the year they were hit pretty hard by injuries and COVID.

That being said, Wentz is a big upgrade over what we've had previously. He's not perfect, but he's big and tough with a rocket for an arm. If they can reign in his schoolyard tendencies he could be a devastating weapon. All in all I think it's a good move.

GINeric

Reaction score
He gets injured a lot. He’s much better than Dak except for the injuries.

He's much better than Dak? Not according to the yards/td/int/win percentage numbers. Dak got a contract.... Wentz got his spot taken by a backup who's probably not in the league right now, went to the Colts and **** the bed, now going to Washington???

If Wentz was better than Dak, he wouldn't be bouncing around the league right now. With that said, men lie, women lie, NUMBERS don't.

GINeric

Reaction score
I see everyone is celebrating this. Does anyone really think he's not better than Heineke?

He'll throw more interceptions and get sacked/stripped more than Heinicke. I actually fear Heinicke more than Wentz. Heinicke is a better quarterback than Wentz imo.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
He'll throw more interceptions and get sacked/stripped more than Heinicke. I actually fear Heinicke more than Wentz. Heinicke is a better quarterback than Wentz imo.

We will see. He has a 2.5/1 TD to interception ratio and 4 full seasons in which he has thrown only 7 interceptions with 4/1 ratios. I think the notion he's an interception machine are a bit of a fallacy. His fumbling is certainly an issue. In my opinion he's an upgrade over Heineke. I do not think he's amazing, but he has two full seasons with over a 100 QB rating and a 90 QB rating for his career. where I think this will hurt the Commanders is paying his salary and keeping a good defense while doing that.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
He's much better than Dak? Not according to the yards/td/int/win percentage numbers. Dak got a contract.... Wentz got his spot taken by a backup who's probably not in the league right now, went to the Colts and **** the bed, now going to Washington???

If Wentz was better than Dak, he wouldn't be bouncing around the league right now. With that said, men lie, women lie, NUMBERS don't.
Everyone that likes Dak depends on useless stats.

Qcard

Reaction score
The cost wasn't prohibitive for him. The $28 million this year sucks, but there's no guaranteed money after that.

The colts FO is in damage control mode, their owner is Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder melded together, while smoking crack. The guy's a moron.
The gm is circling the wagons to protect his job. This smear job is a result of his temper tantrum for losing to the jags.. who also beat the bills. That coupled with the vaccination flap sealed it.

That being said, Wentz is a big upgrade over what we've had previously. He's not perfect, but he's big and tough with a rocket for an arm. If they can reign in his schoolyard tendencies he could be a devastating weapon. All in all I think it's a good move.
There goes that Eye Test again...Washington Commanders Leadership has been rotting from the Top. Wentz is a perfect QB for the DMV :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

GINeric

Reaction score
Everyone that likes Dak depends on useless stats.

If stats are useless, why do they keep track of them? Why do general managers and sports agents negotiate using stats? Why do the Hall of Fame committee vote people in based off stats?? Why do owners pay player incentives based on stats?? From where I'm sitting, stats look pretty useful to me...

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. Is what it is...

Motorola

Reaction score

Two teams have move on from that "good move" - one after only one season.
Perhaps the third times a charm for Wentz...we will see six months from now.

GINeric

Reaction score
We will see. He has a 2.5/1 TD to interception ratio and 4 full seasons in which he has thrown only 7 interceptions with 4/1 ratios. I think the notion he's an interception machine are a bit of a fallacy. His fumbling is certainly an issue. In my opinion he's an upgrade over Heineke. I do not think he's amazing, but he has two full seasons with over a 100 QB rating and a 90 QB rating for his career. where I think this will hurt the Commanders is paying his salary and keeping a good defense while doing that.

Well its not how many ints he throws, it WHEN he throw them. The only thing he has better than Heinicke is arm strength. But he damn sure don't have the ability to escape a broken pocket as well as Heinicke.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Since Washington allowed Kirk Cousins to walk they burned a first round pick on Dwayne Haskins and 3 draft picks on Carson Wentz and still don’t have a QB. lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Imagine how frustrated Washington fans are knowing their team has burned 4 draft picks on a couple of QBs that aren’t as good as the QB they allowed to walk. This is what happens when you don’t want to pay a good QB. Haskins cost Washington a first round pick and Wentz could end up costing them not only a second and a third but another second round pick. What’s really sad for Washington is Indianapolis was a better team and Wentz only lasted one season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the QB crop is pretty good in 2023 it’s a safe bet Washington will be using a premium pick on another QB. Carson Wentz is going to end up being a costly stopgap.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
If stats are useless, why do they keep track of them? Why do general managers and sports agents negotiate using stats? Why do the Hall of Fame committee vote people in based off stats?? Why do owners pay player incentives based on stats?? From where I'm sitting, stats look pretty useful to me...

Men lie, women lie, numbers don't. Is what it is...
Ever hear the saying: “There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.” Why? Because people manipulate the statistics to paint a desired picture.

GINeric

Reaction score
Ever hear the saying: “There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.” Why? Because people manipulate the statistics to paint a desired picture.

Never heard that saying. Its pretty cool. But numbers still don't lie.