Twitter: Carson Wentz to the Commanders?

Flamma

Reaction score
Such an underwhelming move for the hype that they were going to upgrade big time at QB. Same result as the name change.

The only thing that's been upgraded is the quarterback cap hit. What was the point of this move? They're not winning anything with Wentz. Their team isn't good enough.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Good move to ensure Washington remaining an impotent member of the Eastern Division. His fellow players will despise him.:thumbup:

dckid

Reaction score
They had some pretty solid receivers as well with Pittman and TY Hilton. Hilton did miss half the season.
There are really only a 6-8 teams that are trying to win a SB every year.
We clearly are not one of them.
All the owners are just following the Jerry playbook. Get to 7-10- 9-8, there it is.. I said it.
Be good enough to be in the middle, winning SB's are not worth the headache.

Carson

Reaction score
I see everyone is celebrating this. Does anyone really think he's not better than Heineke?
He's been pretty average. Where he is better than Taylor, is his deep ball. Teams will have to respect the deep ball to Scary Terry, Mims, Samuel etc. Heineke was a much better player creating plays with his feet and picking up scrappy yards.

It's not a huge upgrade nor a huge downgrade.

But it does take Washington's cap from $33 million to $5 million. That hurts a week before free agency and several big contracts coming up (McLaurin, Payne, Sweat)

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
If Jones get a little bit better, he might be the 4th

i don't even think Wentz is gonna last that long per injury or benched mode.

Colts had a great run game, solid OL and receiving targets, and an HC that was well familiar with him in Frank Reich, and the dude still was so underwhelming
that the Colts could not wait to get rid of him despite considering what they gave up for him.

So what hope do the Commander McBraggs think they can do differently with Wentz ..??

Good luck sucka...

:muttley:

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
He's been pretty average. Where he is better than Taylor, is his deep ball. Teams will have to respect the deep ball to Scary Terry, Mims, Samuel etc. Heineke was a much better player creating plays with his feet and picking up scrappy yards.

But it does take Washington's cap from $33 million to $5 million. That hurts a week before free agency and several big contracts coming up (McLaurin, Payne, Sweat)

I totally agree Wentz is overpaid. I totally disagree he's not better then Tyler Heinike. He's much better in my opinion.

quickccc

Reaction score
He's been pretty average. Where he is better than Taylor, is his deep ball. Teams will have to respect the deep ball to Scary Terry, Mims, Samuel etc. Heineke was a much better player creating plays with his feet and picking up scrappy yards with his feet.

i was stunned the Commander McBraggs were willing to continue with Wentz's contract, ..vs awaiting for his cut-release and bid for his services and new maybe one year
prove it incentive based contract there.

But it flat shows how vastly desperate and panicky Washington was for any kind of past name experienced vet QB,..

Carson

Reaction score
I totally agree Wentz is overpaid. I totally disagree he's not better then Tyler Heinike. He's much better in my opinion.
I just try to look at the big picture of it.

Is he the future in Washington? Doubtful. Massive cap hits over the next three years. Lower his cap? Cool. Are you ready to extend a guy who is on his third team in three years?

It's pivotal for Washington as they have multiple players set to be paid elite money over the next three years. So where their cap was plentiful, they are now against it.

IMO, it's a panic move that had to be done. If they landed Russ, I would've been way more worried. We've seen Wentz. If Reich cannot fix him, I don't know who the hell can.