Carters Hindsight Draft

Carter

Reaction score
With the Cowboys picks and how the Draft went i would gone this way:

29. JerZhan Newton DT
Would have given us a Star at one of the weakest spots on the Team. With the extra third and the best Tackles and Barton gone it would have given us enough flexibility in a strong O-Line Class. I believe he will have a way better career than Guyton. Hope im wrong.

56. Kingsley Sumataia OT
True LT with a ton of upside. Still a work in progress but i dont see a much less talented player than Guyton and he has the traits i look for a LT.

63. Cooper Beebe OG
Steal of the Draft. Would have done the same. 10 year starter from Day 1. Believe he starts at C and move to Guard when Martin retires in a year or two.

87. Marshawn Lloyd RB
Best RB in the draft. Would have been an instant 3 down starting back Day 1. Instead we drafted a 5th Round LB that cant tackle

174. Caelon Carson CB
Would do the same. Great value Pick. Has starting potential. Dawg mentality and a leader.

216. Brenden Rice WR
Much better WR Prospect than Flournoy and much younger too.

233. Nathan Thomas OT
Like the Pick. Could become a Swing Tackle and replaces Ball

244. Justin Rogers
Like the pick. Could become a rotational player that plays hard , has a motor and is good against the Run.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Very solid haul! I like this better but I’d probably not double dip on OL. I’d take
Beebe in the 2nd and then try to pick up another impact defender.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would have signed

Curtis Jacobs. LB Penn State in UDFA

171 total tackles
24 tfl
9.5 sacks
2 INTs

Believe he is better than Liufau, a tackling machine and went to the Chiefs in UDFA.
Read his scouring reporting during the draft. Thought he’d get drafted. Typically Penn State linebackers do….i can’t say who’s better. I’ve seen tape on both….everyone has good highlights lol.

Carter

Reaction score
I’ve seen nothing to suggest he can’t tackle….these scouting reports can be deceptive….you want to hear what they said about Fred Warner? Can’t tackle….but has good football IQ.
44 Tackles in almost 600 snaps for a starting LB is just terrible. QBR of 90+ isnt great either when targetted.

I do like his special teams abilities but drafting a Special Teamer that might or might not play LB snaps is just rich in the third with what was left on the board.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
44 Tackles in almost 600 snaps for a starting LB is just terrible. QBR of 90+ isnt great either when targetted.

I do like his special teams abilities but drafting a Special Teamer that might or might not play LB snaps is just rich in the third with what was left on the board.
I can’t argue against that because I didn’t see what his role was. Seems the reports say scheme was more the issue then his lack of talking ability.

visionary

Reaction score
With the Cowboys picks and how the Draft went i would gone this way:

29. JerZhan Newton DT
Would have given us a Star at one of the weakest spots on the Team. With the extra third and the best Tackles and Barton gone it would have given us enough flexibility in a strong O-Line Class. I believe he will have a way better career than Guyton. Hope im wrong.

56. Kingsley Sumataia OT
True LT with a ton of upside. Still a work in progress but i dont see a much less talented player than Guyton and he has the traits i look for a LT.

63. Cooper Beebe OG
Steal of the Draft. Would have done the same. 10 year starter from Day 1. Believe he starts at C and move to Guard when Martin retires in a year or two.

87. Marshawn Lloyd RB
Best RB in the draft. Would have been an instant 3 down starting back Day 1. Instead we drafted a 5th Round LB that cant tackle

174. Caelon Carson CB
Would do the same. Great value Pick. Has starting potential. Dawg mentality and a leader.

216. Brenden Rice WR
Much better WR Prospect than Flournoy and much younger too.

233. Nathan Thomas OT
Like the Pick. Could become a Swing Tackle and replaces Ball

244. Justin Rogers
Like the pick. Could become a rotational player that plays hard , has a motor and is good against the Run.
Ill take your draft any day over what the Cowboys did

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah people hate that Notre Dame linebacker but he was much needed.
Yes, and they also have Kendricks, Overshown, and Parsons. It will be interesting how Zimmer puts it together. They still need another dtackle from somewhere. I'm interested in how the get the dtackle that they need. Fehoko is going to have to fit in somewhere.

TheDank

Reaction score
Pretty much agree with you but I’d swap Lloyd for Wright or Payton Wilson.

Would then draft a LB or RB late somewhere.

rambo2

Reaction score
Pretty much agree with you but I’d swap Lloyd for Wright or Payton Wilson.

Would then draft a LB or RB late somewhere.
The corner that they got at 174 is excellent and the receiver at 216 has a chance to be very good.