Carters Hindsight Draft

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
My best case scenario draft...

#24: Terrion Arnold. Just stand pat and take the BPA by a mile.

#56: Kingsley. Juice is worth the squeeze at this point.

#87: Jaylen Wright. I think he'd be worth our 2nd, so a late 3rd is stealing him.

#174: Jaylen Ford. Warm body at LB. We could've used one in the GB playoff game.

rambo2

Reaction score

#87: Jaylen Wright. I think he'd be worth our 2nd, so a late 3rd is stealing him.

#174: Jaylen Ford. Warm body at LB. We could've used one in the GB playoff game.
No center. No Beebe for a decade.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's right. Can Rico and Zeke run when the line makes blocks?
No they cant lol. Zeke averaged like 1.5 yards a carry last season. And when he was here and the line was blocking well he still sucked minus the RZ. Stop defending this FO. Its mind numbing.

Mikexike

Reaction score
No they cant lol. Zeke averaged like 1.5 yards a carry last season. And when he was here and the line was blocking well he still sucked minus the RZ. Stop defending this FO. Its mind numbing.
I actually think Rico was decent, Not great but he had a couple nice runs with our garbage line.

rambo2

Reaction score
Lol, yes they can. We will see what happens. So, you are saying now in advance that they made a huge mistake drafting the linebacker at 87. Maybe they did. We will see what happens. Maybe they blew it by not trading back from 87. We will see, but they certainly needed linebacker help and they took one that they wanted.

Mikexike

Reaction score
Of course he did. Fresh legs. He barely played.

If the plan is actually Zeke and Dowdle we are in serious trouble.
I don't believe its the plan, But its only May tomorrow. We still have a long ways to go before we see what they run out on opening day.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't believe its the plan, But its only May tomorrow. We still have a long ways to go before we see what they run out on opening day.
It's going to be funny with Vaughn running all over the place in preseason.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Rock solid.

DFWJC

Reaction score
With the Cowboys picks and how the Draft went i would gone this way:

29. JerZhan Newton DT
Would have given us a Star at one of the weakest spots on the Team. With the extra third and the best Tackles and Barton gone it would have given us enough flexibility in a strong O-Line Class. I believe he will have a way better career than Guyton. Hope im wrong.

56. Kingsley Sumataia OT
True LT with a ton of upside. Still a work in progress but i dont see a much less talented player than Guyton and he has the traits i look for a LT.

63. Cooper Beebe OG
Steal of the Draft. Would have done the same. 10 year starter from Day 1. Believe he starts at C and move to Guard when Martin retires in a year or two.

87. Marshawn Lloyd RB
Best RB in the draft. Would have been an instant 3 down starting back Day 1. Instead we drafted a 5th Round LB that cant tackle

174. Caelon Carson CB
Would do the same. Great value Pick. Has starting potential. Dawg mentality and a leader.

216. Brenden Rice WR
Much better WR Prospect than Flournoy and much younger too.

233. Nathan Thomas OT
Like the Pick. Could become a Swing Tackle and replaces Ball

244. Justin Rogers
Like the pick. Could become a rotational player that plays hard , has a motor and is good against the Run.
I like it

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Johnny Newton is probably not better than Osa and he can't play NT.
I think that's the main issue there. He is a quick gap shooting 3T which isn't a great fit on the scheme and with what we needed.

I would agree with you on getting the RB late R3 though I might have picked a different one.
If I didn't take Guyton I would have traded down again.
I liked Guyton significantly better than the BYU kid. Both are very, very raw but Guyton has far more athleticism and ceiling.

Very possible I would've ended up with Zach Frazier
And an OL of:
Tyler
Beebe
Frazier
Martin
Steele

but also extra draft picks in that R3-5 range.

Brooksey

Reaction score
With the Cowboys picks and how the Draft went i would gone this way:

29. JerZhan Newton DT
Would have given us a Star at one of the weakest spots on the Team. With the extra third and the best Tackles and Barton gone it would have given us enough flexibility in a strong O-Line Class. I believe he will have a way better career than Guyton. Hope im wrong.

56. Kingsley Sumataia OT
True LT with a ton of upside. Still a work in progress but i dont see a much less talented player than Guyton and he has the traits i look for a LT.

63. Cooper Beebe OG
Steal of the Draft. Would have done the same. 10 year starter from Day 1. Believe he starts at C and move to Guard when Martin retires in a year or two.

87. Marshawn Lloyd RB
Best RB in the draft. Would have been an instant 3 down starting back Day 1. Instead we drafted a 5th Round LB that cant tackle

174. Caelon Carson CB
Would do the same. Great value Pick. Has starting potential. Dawg mentality and a leader.

216. Brenden Rice WR
Much better WR Prospect than Flournoy and much younger too.

233. Nathan Thomas OT
Like the Pick. Could become a Swing Tackle and replaces Ball

244. Justin Rogers
Like the pick. Could become a rotational player that plays hard , has a motor and is good against the Run.
Looks good on my PFF mock draft. Problem is Cowboys didn't like Newton, Sumataia or Lloyd that much and they wanted/needed Kendricks backup plan at LB