Carters Hindsight Draft

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’d most likely take Arnold as he’s a blinking like and BPA by a mile but the trade down is more fun so I’ll roll with that. Consensus big board rankings in parenthesis.

1: Newton, DT (20) - The Cowboys have had a void for a stud DT for over a decade. I think Osa is a borderline pro bowler but you can tell we need more depth as he usually
wears down. Newton is another 3T, but would give us a lethal 1/2 punch that could stay fresh and be on the field in nickel / dime downs. Good mix of value / need.

2: Beebe, C (46) - Franklin / Rakestraw are BPA here but have to lean towards need here as it’s the hole the Cowboys put us in being asleep at the wheel in FA. Still great value and Beebe adds some nasty and power to the C position. Yes - I’m aware he fell to the 3rd but it’s a hindsight draft.

3: Wright, RB (73) - Adding some serious juice to the RB room that is much needed considering the other backs we have. Will need to improve his pass pro like TP did but 3 down RB potential with home run ability.

3: Gray, LB (99) - Slight reach here but LBr board hasn’t been falling in our favor. Ball magnet with decent instincts just needs to add some strength / pop to be a little more effective at the next level.

5: Carson, CB (116) - Same for me…massive value. Someone who will
compete for CB4 spot in year 1 and likely be a full time nickel player by year 2.

6: Rice, WR (106) - Big bodied WR that could come in and compete for the MG role.

7: Rogers, DT - Dart for a NT.