Casserly: Cardinals are shopping Rosen/getting terrible feedback on Murray

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Mar 5, 2019.

1. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

10,229 Messages
    14,421 Likes Received
    IMO, QBs are the toughest position to evaluate. I honestly don’t see how Murray projects. I think he’s at his best on the move or when a play breaks down. Ultimately, every QB has to develop and facilitate the offense from the pocket. Eventually, all athletic/running QBs figure out its much easier to throw for 10 yards than scramble for it while taking a pounding.

2. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

10,085 Messages
    8,069 Likes Received
    if I am the cards I am drafting Williams or Bosa 1 overall. Murray will be boom or bust. KEEP ROSEN...

3. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

13,128 Messages
    22,439 Likes Received
    If you're going to hire Kingsbury you have to make the move for Murray if he wants him. It makes the most sense on paper although I wouldn't have hired Kliff in the first place.

As for Rosen, he reminds me too much of Jay Cutler. Pass.

4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

7,044 Messages
    4,889 Likes Received
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

47,038 Messages
    13,848 Likes Received
    I don't know if this is disinformation or not but I will say this, if any of this is true, then CK is going to live or die on one pick. I have no idea why the Cards hired Kingsbury to be honest but it's done now. He is basically cutting the knees out from the GM and the old regime by getting rid of the number one QB pick of a year ago and now he is going out on a limb to make Murray his pick apparently. He's all in.

6. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

6,104 Messages
    9,338 Likes Received
    Leadership comes in many forms.....kid being private and/or introverted doesn't mean a lack of leadership. So I'm not buying this issue or the work ethic. The chalkboard thing may have some merits but may not be all the kid's fault. Could be this kid was sooo much better than every/most player on the field he didn't need a few technical skills he'll need or see in the NFL. Example, he and his coach were so offensively advanced he never really had to read defenses or go thru entire progression read.

7. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

6,104 Messages
    9,338 Likes Received
    LOL ....not sure what's worst. GM is hiring him or not fighting for his job. Only possible exception IMO is some issues with Rosen we are not privileged to.

8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

52,990 Messages
    83,836 Likes Received
    I just find it hard to believe that it's the worst feedback Casserly has ever gotten on a high ranked QB. That's quite a statement and you'd think if that was the case others would also be reporting it.

9. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

2,950 Messages
    5,947 Likes Received
    Kinda like JaMarcus Russell?

jnday and Hawkeye0202 like this.
  10. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

47,038 Messages
    13,848 Likes Received
    Yes. I would agree. Although, I would have to wonder how CK would know without even having run a single practice with Rosen. All of this is a bit screwy, to be honest.

Hawkeye0202 and dogberry like this.
  11. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

9,965 Messages
    7,844 Likes Received
    Listened to Casserly this morning on the Rich Eisen show...and he said he heard it from 3 teams...that Murray's interviews were horrible.

Which lead me to thinking....well....who would Charlie be talking to??? :popcorn:

And I've come to only one logical conclusion where he is getting this from. ..And it makes too much sense...It's Washington.

Casserly being the former Redskins GM...still has to have some ties within the organization.

Wouldn't shock me @ all if they are using Casserly to spread rumors so Murray will fall.

Hoping he will fall into their laps...

Leave it to the Redskins insiders like LaCanfora and Casserly ...to start spreading crap so a player will fall. Sadly...we only got 50 more day of this...I can't even imagine how bad the lies are gonna get until then.:rolleyes:

Centex likes this.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

52,990 Messages
    83,836 Likes Received
    Your math teacher - :rolleyes:

13. cnuball21

cnuball21 Well-Known Member

2,073 Messages
    1,428 Likes Received
    I can’t believe a team would take a QB early like Rosen then basically move on the year after.

I hope Rosen goes somewhere else and has a 10 year career and Murray is awful.

14. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

7,044 Messages
    4,889 Likes Received
  15. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

5,442 Messages
    1,822 Likes Received
  16. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

10,229 Messages
    14,421 Likes Received
    Dude probably got a balloon implant under the skin on his scalp to help out him over 5’-10”.

17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

9,417 Messages
    4,256 Likes Received
    If the price is right, I would like to see him in Dallas. His passing skills would be an upgrade.

18. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

7,044 Messages
    4,889 Likes Received
    Florio brought up a good point earlier...
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/07/charley-casserly-has-a-conflict-of-interest/

Could this all be BS by Casserly as a subtle way to say, “See, he should have trained with me 1st and this wouldn’t have happened.”

Maybe that’s not the case, but it is very odd that Casserly is the only one reporting how bad the interviews were.

19. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

5,837 Messages
    7,971 Likes Received
    He should play baseball. Less dangerous and more lucrative.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  20. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

3,206 Messages
    1,961 Likes Received
    Broncos let Lynch go after 2 years, Raiders let Russell go after 2 years. So letting Rosen go after 1 year isn't so far fetched.

Once you get a guy in there and you see you screwed up drafting him, the smart move is to cut him and move on.