Cassius Marsh and Jalen Collins

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
As a Seattle fan I will tell you Marsh is hit and miss, and more miss than hit.
He shows flashes but doesnt finish plays but when he does he usually commits a penalty in the process. Might be depth, but wouldn’t count on much more than that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm guessing Marsh returns to Seattle. I'd take a chance on Collins, though.

Plankton

Reaction score
Collins flunked multiple drug tests while at LSU, and has gotten popped for PED test failures twice since turning pro. Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Not reliable.

visionary

Reaction score
Collins flunked multiple drug tests while at LSU, and has gotten popped for PED test failures twice since turning pro. Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Not reliable.

Dez is a leader
Maybe he can mentor him?

Ducks

tm1119

Reaction score

He’s making relative peanuts to the salary of a starting NFL player and he’d easily be 1 of our 3 best CB’s...what’s your issue with signing him exactly? How could adding Collins to what we already have possibly make us worse?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Lewis looks good, but relax with “immensely talented”.

Not sure what the rest of that rambling had to do with this thread...
LOL at immensely talented.

Great pick in the 3rd round but let's put away the Hall of Fame bust for now.

That's the problem with this fan base. They regurgitate the hopes and dreams of the fraudulent leadership of the organization. Lewis has really worked out but many people were fooled by Anthony Brown last year. Personally, I think Lewis is 10 times the player Brown is, and I'm extremely optimistic about Awuzie, but I like results, not false praise without reason.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
What better time than now to churn the roster to shake things up? Maybe send a message to the locker room. Both players were just waived. Not sure of the level of interest among other teams, but if we have a chance to sign both we should. Both are young, talented and were recently drafted in the 1st 4 rounds. Collins comes with some issues and is coming off a PED suspension, but he'd probably be the most talented CB on our roster...would just have to get his head on right. So put the waiver claim in on Collins and if no one signs Marsh snatch him up as well. He'd be an upgrade as a situational pass rusher over both Taco and Mayowa right now.

Cut Benwikere and Nugent (if the doctors clear Bailey). McFadden and March-Lillard also cut options.

I want Collins the most but both would be awesome.

Plankton

Reaction score
He’s making relative peanuts to the salary of a starting NFL player and he’d easily be 1 of our 3 best CB’s...what’s your issue with signing him exactly? How could adding Collins to what we already have possibly make us worse?

Very simple - he can't be relied on. Anyone who showed a history of failing drug tests in college, and gets two PED suspensions is someone who won't be there when you need him. Plus, if he failed two PED tests in the pros, perhaps he isn't that good without taking PEDs?

tm1119

Reaction score
Very simple - he can't be relied on. Anyone who showed a history of failing drug tests in college, and gets two PED suspensions is someone who won't be there when you need him. Plus, if he failed two PED tests in the pros, perhaps he isn't that good without taking PEDs?

The guys we have on the field now aren’t reliable tho...and we wouldn’t have to get rid of any of our current CB’s besides probably Benwikere. So even if he gets popped again you just cut him and it’s just a few hundred K out of Jerry’s pocket (depending when/if it happens). Who cares? Risk vs reward. The risk of putting a claim in for Collins is minimal and the reward is a cheap starting CB for 2 years

tm1119

Reaction score
Marsh was claimed by the 9ers by the way. So he never made it to us

Collins went unclaimed and is a free agent. So would could bring him on just for the rest of this year for next to nothing. Get him in the building and see what he’s about at least....

Plankton

Reaction score
The guys we have on the field now aren’t reliable tho...and we wouldn’t have to get rid of any of our current CB’s besides probably Benwikere. So even if he gets popped again you just cut him and it’s just a few hundred K out of Jerry’s pocket (depending when/if it happens). Who cares? Risk vs reward. The risk of putting a claim in for Collins is minimal and the reward is a cheap starting CB for 2 years

Looks like 32 teams disagree with you - no one claimed him.

I believe very much in the culture of a team. A guy who can't pass a drug test doesn't fit into a culture that I believe is critical to winning. This is why I was very much against the drafting of Randy Gregory, the signing of Rolando McClain and why I don't think that adding Jalen Collins would be a prudent move.

Accountability, reliability, availability and just plan ability. Collins fails on three of the four.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We never claim anyone and it sucks

Byron Maxwell was shutting down Julio Jones last night
ARubin was filling the 1T rotation for ATL
Freeney has 3 sacks in 4 games
Navarro Bowman has been all over the place
Hayden stepped right in for PITT and turned their D around
TJ Ward is better than anyone we have
Alex Collins is BAL's best RB
Jamal Charles has been the 3rd down back for DEN all year

Just a few of the guys we don't even look at

tm1119

Reaction score
Looks like 32 teams disagree with you - no one claimed him.

I believe very much in the culture of a team. A guy who can't pass a drug test doesn't fit into a culture that I believe is critical to winning. This is why I was very much against the drafting of Randy Gregory, the signing of Rolando McClain and why I don't think that adding Jalen Collins would be a prudent move.

Accountability, reliability, availability and just plan ability. Collins fails on three of the four.

Talent wins football games, not culture. That BS is why Chip Kelly is no longer a coach. Now if you can get a great mix of both? Sure, that greatly helps. But that’s also extremely rare. I’ll take a talent with troubles over most of what we have on defense

Plankton

Reaction score
Collins got suspended for an additional four games today. Now, it’s clear why he didn’t get a sniff after the Falcons cut him loose.