Casualties of a poorly coached team

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Number one, Dak Prescott , Ezekiel Elliott,. Jalen Smith. All three should not return next season. Dak Prescott whether you support him or not we definitely need to take a quarterback with the first overall pick . Elliot basically did it to himself. Jalen Smith it’s not the same player
so you think Jets will win 3 games and jax are going to win 2 more games...can you outline which teams you expect them to beat and I am assuming that we are going to lose every game here on out for us to end with the top pick.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't know, but I've seen a few posts saying it's going to be hard to trade down after the 1st 4 picks.
So Sewell is your OT 1
but Leatherwood is your OT 2
This isnt an optimum time for talent evaluation,, there are some hidden gems in this draft and some monumental busts.
So teams that are invested in there scouting depts heavily can come out of 2021 NFL Draft winning.

ghst187

Reaction score
the only two QBs worth taking are Lawrence and Fields and it's unlikely we will get them when we pick.

Lawrence for sure not sure about fields. Def worth it to trade up and get Lawrence and save 40m to use elsewhere (like a new LB).but since we won’t, Dak should be back. He’s a good player. Not worth the money but finding a QB is really hard and he makes us better. Elliott we are stuck with for another year or so. Jaylon should get cut.
The people that really need to be gone are Mike Mcarthy, Nolan and kellen.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
so you think Jets will win 3 games and jax are going to win 2 more games...can you outline which teams you expect them to beat and I am assuming that we are going to lose every game here on out for us to end with the top pick.
I’m thinking you trade the farm away for the quarterback.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
and then the QB has no support, which is the argument you have been making about signing Dak and not having support..

you just don't want Dak...that's what its coming down to....end of story...

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yes, we are in the Sewell sweepstakes at this point at least.
That would be a complete disaster pick! They have focused way too much on this offensive side of the football and need to find later round oline players that can work and get a QB that doesnt need premier talent across the board to function.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tag and trade Dak, move down in first or trade out. Keep Dalton for 2 years as interim and use your ammo next year, you'll have 3 #1's to get the best QB.

Draft OL and DL this year.

Oh yeah, HIRE A NEW STAFF.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I agree! The QB is the absolutely most important position on the field. Dak isnt a bad QB but he will never get you back to the glory days. You can look around the league and basically there is only a handful of QBs that are capable of winning a SB. Believing Dak an win a SB is like thinking Cousins has a chance. Usually guys QBs that capable have a knack for performing under the utmost pressure. They may play like it all the time but they have shown the ability to raise their game and make big plays in crucial moments against another good team. I just dont see that with Dak. Trading away 3 #1 draft picks and player might get Lawrence and you would be set for 12 years. You could pay 1st round talented FAs with the money you save not having to dole out a 100 mil dollars for 3 years of Dak.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Tag and trade Dak, move down in first or trade out. Keep Dalton for 2 years as interim and use your ammo next year, you'll have 3 #1's to get the best QB.

Draft OL and DL this year.

Oh yeah, HIRE A NEW STAFF.
Thats not idea! I like it!

Cmac

Reaction score
I agree! The QB is the absolutely most important position on the field. Dak isnt a bad QB but he will never get you back to the glory days. You can look around the league and basically there is only a handful of QBs that are capable of winning a SB. Believing Dak an win a SB is like thinking Cousins has a chance. Usually guys QBs that capable have a knack for performing under the utmost pressure. They may play like it all the time but they have shown the ability to raise their game and make big plays in crucial moments against another good team. I just dont see that with Dak. Trading away 3 #1 draft picks and player might get Lawrence and you would be set for 12 years. You could pay 1st round talented FAs with the money you save not having to dole out a 100 mil dollars for 3 years of Dak.
…...and we all thought Romo would get us there. Didn't we get fooled.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Number one, Dak Prescott , Ezekiel Elliott,. Jalen Smith. All three should not return next season. Dak Prescott whether you support him or not we definitely need to take a quarterback with the first overall pick . Elliot basically did it to himself. Jalen Smith it’s not the same player
My personal opinion is that Moore and Zeke are not a good fit together. Now Zeke is responsible for his fumbling issues but I don’t think Moore is good with the run scheme and his offense isn’t a good match for Zeke.

Hadenough

Reaction score
…...and we all thought Romo would get us there. Didn't we get fooled.
Yep, I thought that for about Romos first 2 seasons and down the road I wanted Dallas to package a deal including Romo to move up for Andrew Luck. Well the Colts ruined him but not before he single handed carried then to the playoffs 3 straight season by himself. Don't make the same mistake holding onto Dak.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Can we replace McCarthy before doing anything else?

Cmac

Reaction score
Yep, I thought that for about Romos first 2 seasons and down the road I wanted Dallas to package a deal including Romo to move up for Andrew Luck. Well the Colts ruined him but not before he single handed carried then to the playoffs 3 straight season by himself. Don't make the same mistake holding onto Dak.
Why not?

aria

Reaction score
Zekes here for another year, so dont worry.
giphy.gif

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
What makes a team is QB & Head Coach. We have neither until Dak returns.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

HUH? Is that you whirlwin?:eek: