Cavanaugh on Delpit

fivetwos

Reaction score
Convinces me even more they need to sign a FA safety.

Not decide that he isnt worth the money.

Time to either put together a winner right now or break it down again, and you have a core that is young enough to work with.....

You have to overpay sometimes for FA. That's how it is. Pick the right ones. They arent all busts.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This is pulled from PFF, could be. If so, the amount of targets should be fairly telling on the ball not going in his direction.

You can knock the tackling all you want, but dude is above average in coverage and basically every scouting report out there will confirm.
I hear you. Just whatever Delpit is selling I'm not buying. He doesn't have it factor to me and neither does Mckinney. Im not drafting a safety just to do it. Sign a free agent safety to upgrade the position. My opinion

fivetwos

Reaction score
I hear you. Just whatever Delpit is selling I'm not buying. He doesn't have it factor to me and neither does Mckinney. Im not drafting a safety just to do it. Sign a free agent safety to upgrade the position. My opinion
They need to get over having to pay the top free agents slightly above their play level.

SJones has often spoken out against that. While he isnt wrong...they need to realize what it means to have a window to win and that they also dont draft as well as they like to tell themselves.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
They need to get over having to pay the top free agents slightly above their play level.

SJones has often spoken out against that. While he isnt wrong...they need to realize what it means to have a window to win and that they also dont draft as well as they like to tell themselves.
Honestly I dont even see a safety that deserves top dollar who will even be available in this free agent class but sign a guy like Vonn Bell and move on. Like you said, we'll have to pay a little extra but thats what you do when you claim your a contender..............but again, Jerry and Stephen are both full of ish so they say alot of things they dont believe.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Honestly I dont even see a safety that deserves top dollar who will even be available in this free agent class but sign a guy like Vonn Bell and move on. Like you said, we'll have to pay a little extra but thats what you do when you claim your a contender..............but again, Jerry and Stephen are both full of ish so they say alot of things they dont believe.
Yeah and then you throw dudes like Heath and Woods out there and wonder why winning doesnt happen.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Just saw this on WF.com. Walt is a frat-boy muppet, but he (or I think mostly his co-writer Charlie Campell) do talk to NFL scouting folks and are pretty reliable as far as grapevine news goes.

In speaking to sources across the league, McKinney is the consensus top safety for the 2020 NFL Draft, with teams having him graded significantly higher than LSU's Grant Delpit. McKinney is viewed as being a versatile defender who can contribute in a variety of ways in pass coverage as he can play strong safety or free safety, plus handle some man-to-man coverage. In the ground game, McKinney is solid as well. He could be a top-20 pick this April.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Fair enough. But usually safeties that have his kind are coverage ability are taken fairy early. We’ll see.

mathew1184

Reaction score
If we're going safety at 17, I'd suggest McKinney over Delpit. The missed tackle stat concerns me.
I agree. The missed tackles(he was aweful in the championship game)..really concern me.

McKinney definatly is the pick I'd like for us. He's a leader, always around the ball, he's great at tackling, and diagnosing the play. That's what we need at safety.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Look its simple guys.
The FA Cornerback Class is trash.
The DT class is thick.
So drafting a high end ball hawking Safety is Ideal. But we also need atleast 2 to 3 CBs drafted in this draft.

If we sign lets say Quintan Jefferson of the Seahawks and Ashawn Robinson of the Lions in FA. Cut loose Tyrone Crawford save that Cash. Resign Quinn and push for Vic Beasley as a rotational guy with speed. Cut loose Gregory for good no more comeback situations.

This alone would improve our team for the long haul.
Then move back in the draft no more then ten spots and grab Delpit or McKinney and if there Taken a CB with the first rounder.
Second rounder either Reagor if there or another Safety if you missed in the 1st or CB
ARNETTE looks like a stud.
Then the third CB or fat Young DT depending on who slides.
We dont nees to bring back Witten. Love him for what he has done but its time to trade or draft a new TE. Trade our 4th rounder for O.J. Howard. Js this would be an awesome draft and could be an entirely new thing for Dak.
We can bring back Dez for endzone situations to take pressure off Cooper and Gallup. This could be a system that can wow you if we could just pull the trigger and find some DBs and Safetys in the draft. Dont bring back Brown or Heath or Frazier

Xavier187

Reaction score
Really?
JONES, NORMAN, BRADBERRY AND HARRIS THATS IT AT CB.
Jones, Reader, Williams, Hargrave, Armstead, Pierce, Brockers, Jefferson, Suh, McCoy, Billings and Robinson

All of the DTs I named above are better then what we have.
The CBs above want that money. 10m +
You can get two of those DTs for that Cash

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Really?
JONES, NORMAN, BRADBERRY AND HARRIS THATS IT AT CB.
Jones, Reader, Williams, Hargrave, Armstead, Pierce, Brockers, Jefferson, Suh, McCoy, Billings and Robinson

All of the DTs I named above are better then what we have.
The CBs above want that money. 10m +
You can get two of those DTs for that Cash
None of those DTs are better than what we have, or will cost more than $10m. You think Armstead, Suh, McCoy, and Brockers are going to make less than $10m? Jones is going to get close to $20. Collins is better than the others, because they can't rush the passer.

There are about a dozen competent corners who you can get for cheap.

Xavier187

Reaction score
None of those DTs are better than what we have, or will cost more than $10m. You think Armstead, Suh, McCoy, and Brockers are going to make less than $10m? Jones is going to get close to $20. Collins is better than the others, because they can't rush the passer.

There are about a dozen competent corners who you can get for cheap.
Ashawn Robinson amd Quntan Jefferson can both be had for less then 5m apiece. And both would be great in this scheme. We need RUn Blockimg two player eating DTs

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Ashawn Robinson amd Quntan Jefferson can both be had for less then 5m apiece. And both would be great in this scheme. We need RUn Blockimg two player eating DTs
Ok, a couple things. One, we don't need those types of players b/c those types of players have no value. Robinson isn't better than Woods. Jefferson is decent b/c he can rush the passer a little bit, but he's just a worse version of Collins. He also weighs less than 300, you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

I'd love to have A'Shawn Robinson for that price.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I know we need Safety and DT. But I have this feeling that if we look too hard at need with this draft we will have Taco 2.0. I’m not in love with either S or DTs. Let MM put his stamp on it..let’s just take WR and then hit CBs the next picks