CB Daron Bland vs Kelvin Joseph

quickccc

Reaction score
I've been hearing several raving reviews and two thumbs up with 5th round draftee
rookie CB Daron Bland, whose put together solid camp practices and a solid preseason game.
Every since camp opened, I'm hearing Bland is still putting up a show in camp
and Cowboys have been quite impressed with him..

- But with former 2nd round pick Kelvin Joseph, i've not heard near as much raves and praises with his
camp practices, and he had a mixed Denver game to add to that.

- And hearing comments from Bobby Belt from 105.3 the fan radio, he posed a question if Joseph could
actually be in danger of being cut at 53 roster finale.

- Also keep in mind that Joseph still may not be out of the water with Goodell and NFL conduct policy
that could result in facing suspension.

- i would have expected the 2nd year Joseph as should've been receiving the great reviews, but
it's actually been 5th rd pick Bland instead.

- As a 2nd rd. pick, i would think the Cowboys would expect Joseph to seize that 2nd CB role opposite
Diggs, but at this early point, it doesn't look like the case.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
It would not surprise me at all if Joseph was cut or possibly traded.

I'm sure his leash is very short. Sometimes you just got to cut bait. If they think Bland is capable and Joseph is still not meeting expectations I am all for it, just on principle..

Bates

Reaction score
IDK. How much do you trust these dudes reporting things? I never pay any attention to any of this off season stuff. Not because I don't believe it, but there are so many dudes today who have to pump out tweets, etc to justify their pay. So, there is so much garbage posted onlne. Too much work and time to figure out who you can trust and who actually has clearance to watch what's happening at practice.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been hearing several raving reviews and two thumbs up with 5th round draftee
rookie CB Daron Bland, whose put together solid camp practices and a solid preseason game.

- But with former 2nd round pick Kelvin Joseph, i've not heard near as much raves and praises with his

- And hearing comments from Bobby Belt from 105.3 the fan radio, he posed a question if Joseph could

- Also keep in mind that Joseph still may not be out of the water with Goodell and NFL conduct policy

- i would have expected the 2nd year Joseph as should've been receiving the great reviews, but

- As a 2nd rd. pick, i would think the Cowboys would expect Joseph to seize that 2nd CB role opposite

It’s funny, it’s like you read my mind. I was about to start a thread about this exact same subject. I think it’s a great conversation to have.

I heard someone mention that Joseph would rank 6th among the corners at this point in time. They said 7th if you count Mukuamu’s reps there.

Add that to his off-field issues and it’s a legit question to ask if he’ll even make the 53?

Quite shocking for a guy who played great in his limited snaps last year.

Carson

Reaction score
IDK. How much do you trust these dudes reporting things? I never pay any attention to any of this off season stuff. Not because I don't believe it, but there are so many dudes today who have to pump out tweets, etc to justify their pay. So, there is so much garbage posted onlne. Too much work and time to figure out who you can trust and who actually has clearance to watch what's happening at practice.
I get that.

But I don’t think I’ve seen a single positive post about Joseph or Wright

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Joseph gave up a total of minus 2 yards receiving in his 1st start...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s funny, it’s like you read my mind. I was about to start a thread about this exact same subject. I think it’s a great conversation to have.

I heard someone mention that Joseph would rank 6th among the corners at this point in time. They said 7th if you count Mukuamu’s reps there.

Add that to his off-field issues and it’s a legit question to ask if he’ll even make the 53?

Quite shocking for a guy who played great in his limited snaps last year.
That’s what’s confusing me. Did he regress somehow? Or are we putting too much stock into how he’s looking at practice?

Bates

Reaction score
I get that.

But I don’t think I’ve seen a single positive post about Joseph or Wright

Yeah, you're right about that. My response was just a generalization of all the training camp posts. I should have been a little clearer in my response.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Time and time again these guys post how great someone is just for them to get cut. They made Lance Lenoir sound like Michael Irvin…

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I don't think Joseph is in danger. He was very good on special teams last year, when he decided he didn't want to fight, that is. He hasn't had a bad camp, and didn't have a bad game against Denver other than giving up that difficult to defend TD catch. He definitely hasn't received rave reviews, though, while Bland is getting them right now.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I’ve seen positive things about Wright. But Joseph I haven’t. But it’s also worth noting whos reporting it because I remember in 2016 guys reported Dak was worse than Kellen and Jameil Showers.

Wright really struggled in the Broncos game. He has made some nice plays in camp, but when it came to game time, he fell short. If there's any CB on the bubble, I would think it is him. I think we keep both Joseph and Wright for another season, though, because they are both just in their second year. Going to be tough if we keep Goodwin, too. That's seven corners: Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Joseph, Wright, Bland and Goodwin, which is why I think we keep just four safeties: Kearse, Bell, Wilson and Hooker. Since some of those safeties also are counted among the linebackers, though, I could see us also keeping Mukuamu or Coyle.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

It’s my understanding, Bland is being used more as a nickel corner, where Joseph is playing more on the outside. Don’t think Joseph is in any roster trouble.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wright really struggled in the Broncos game. He has made some nice plays in camp, but when it came to game time, he fell short. If there's any CB on the bubble, I would think it is him. I think we keep both Joseph and Wright for another season, though, because they are both just in their second year. Going to be tough if we keep Goodwin, too. That's seven corners: Diggs, Brown, Lewis, Joseph, Wright, Bland and Goodwin, which is why I think we keep just four safeties: Kearse, Bell, Wilson and Hooker. Since some of those safeties also are counted among the linebackers, though, I could see us also keeping Mukuamu or Coyle.
I’m just saying based on reports Wright has had some nice things written on him. Joseph…I can’t say the same for. But I do agree I expect both on the roster.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
That’s why I’m like how is he getting cut based on preseason play over actual NFL in game play….
Because his offseason actions have cast serious doubts about his commitment to football.
I have heard he is not having a good camp. I don't put a lot of stock in the reports but Collins and Cooper are gone and our secondary is getting very crowded all of the sudden.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I’m just saying based on reports Wright has had some nice things written on him. Joseph…I can’t say the same for. But I do agree I expect both on the roster.

He did, but then he kind of sucked in the preseason game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because his offseason actions have cast serious doubts about his commitment to football.
I have heard he is not having a good camp. I don't put a lot of stock in the reports but Collins and Cooper are gone and our secondary is getting very crowded all of the sudden.
There should’ve been doubt king before. He’s shown you who he was before now and it wasn’t a issue but after a preseason it is? Not buying jt.