Twitter: CB James Bradberry to Eagles

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes you can sign a lot of low price free agents and throw them against the wall and hope someone sticks.
I am talking about signing quality Free agents like Wagner, Bradberry ect,, players that have made a probowl.
Have not signed any of those in forever.
I understand what you are saying but high priced free agents bust all the time. Hell low priced free agents bust all the time. I’d rather have Kearse than spend 50 million on a Brandon Carr. I’d love to have Wagner and Von Miller…but history shows they will bust. It’s just how the NFL happens.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, good corners don’t get picks because they don’t get thrown at.

And I’m acting like this is exclusive to Diggs because of the stat the previous poster mentioned: only CB in 40 years to have double digit interceptions. 1 pick, 2 picks, 3 picks… be diligent and they will come eventually. But 6+? 7+? 8+? ….11?

If he’s so talented at getting interceptions, better than any CB in the post-Staubach era, then why did he lay up in the second half of the season? Why did he have 7 in his first 6 games, and the only 4 in his last 11? Do you feel he was trying to send a message to Dallas? Perhaps it was spite against the coaching staff and/or ownership? Should he have been benched for his attitude problem?

OR is getting 11 interceptions for the first time in 4 decades largely a fluke and he does not entirely control when and where he gets picks? Play good football and hope for the best. It’s based as much on the D around him, the team he’s playing, the psychology of the coach he’s playing, the QB’s current health, there’s an extraordinary about of probability reduction in maintaining that pace.

If it’s no fluke, is he also going to be the second CB in 40 years to get double digit INTs in 2022? The problem with that question is 11 INTs is good enough to make the all-pro team even with a coverage rating of 45th best in the league. But if he gets 3 next year? 4? Even 5? It won’t even be close to good enough. His rep right now is entirely based on the turnovers, if he doesn’t have those people outside Dallas don’t even remember which Diggs he is. So my point is both Bradberry and Slay have built their reputations on something far more concrete than a flukey stat accumulation.

Probability dictates….
You are trying to diminish what Diggs is. Corners not getting picks us a myth. Just because you don’t get thrown at doesn’t make you a good corner. Guys throw on Diggs because they think he’s beat. Whether you believe it or not Diggs is one of the best corners in the league:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying but high priced free agents bust all the time. Hell low priced free agents bust all the time. I’d rather have Kearse than spend 50 million on a Brandon Carr. I’d love to have Wagner and Von Miller…but history shows they will bust. It’s just how the NFL happens.
I would be happy at this point just to sign a couple of cheap vet Olinemen.

rambo2

Reaction score
We need depth on the OL.
Don't know who is available.
Stephen said we would be active in free agency after the draft.
Maybe had /has someone in mind?
They have exactly one opening on the roster right now. Just one at the moment. In the oline they lost Connor Williams and replaced him with Tyler Smith. They cut Collins and will be adding Ball who they drafted last year and Matt Waletzko who they drafted this year. They still have Connor McGovern and Matt Farniok as backups. I think that Alec Lindstrom is going to make the team and give Biadasz a run for his money as the starting center. I think that they go into training camp with what they have in the oline. They can add later if the need to do so. As far as free agency at the moment, they might add a linebacker like Barr and they might not. They are building their team with youth. These rookies that they are going with are going to be good.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You are trying to diminish what Diggs is. Corners not getting picks us a myth. Just because you don’t get thrown at doesn’t make you a good corner. Guys throw on Diggs because they think he’s beat. Whether you believe it or not Diggs is one of the best corners in the league:

How am I diminishing what he is? As you mentioned earlier, all corners get interceptions based in large part by forces out of their control. Getting 11 in a single season is very flukey.

He did that and had the 45th best coverage grade last year. That is who he is. In neither of those categories am I selling him short. I’m not saying hes worse than 45th, that would be selling him short. Is it diminishing of him to mention his imperfections? Should that not be allowed?

What makes Diggs one of the best corners in the league beyond the that interception stat?

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How am I diminishing what he is? As you mentioned earlier, all corners get interceptions based in large part by forces out of their control. Getting 11 in a single season is very flukey.

He did that and had the 45th best coverage grade last year. That is who he is. In neither of those categories am I selling him short. I’m not saying hes worse than 45th, that would be selling him short. Is it diminishing of him to mention his imperfections? Should that not be allowed?

What makes Diggs one of the best corners in the league beyond the that interception stat?
What imperfections is listed? And if his interceptions are flukey how is his “coverage grade” not?

Mannix

Reaction score
Not signing top FA's has NOTHING to do with getting burned by signing Brandon Carr. It has EVERYTHING to do with trying to win by getting all the credit by being genius drafters and assemblers....if they win big by loading up top FA's or with a Jimmy Johnson type coach, they get little to no credit...or so they believe. Why would Booger and Chuckles ever desire that??? :facepalm::facepalm: Blank them both!!!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
What imperfections is listed? And if his interceptions are flukey how is his “coverage grade” not?

Responding to questions with questions instead of answering them. But I’ll answer yours: Because that’s what he has control over. It’s what he’s consistently doing game in and game out, whether the QB is throwing picks or not. “Go get an interception on this series.” That’s not a reliable thing to ask of anybody. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t. And if it does, how much of it had to do with Diggs? Why isn’t it happening to the greatest CBs who ever lived but it is happening to him? “Go guard your man.” That’s reliable, that’s his job, that’s what he can control, and that’s why coverage stats matter.

Out of 91 qualifying corners in 2021, Treyvon Diggs had the 90th lowest yards per target allowed. 1 guy was worse. Now you could say Dak Quinn doesn’t put him in a position to succeed, or due to Dallas scoring a lot teams throw to keep up, but even the worst corners on the worst pass D’s are higher than that.

No CB in the NFL last year gave up more yards through the air than Diggs. At 962 yards allowed, he was the closest CB in the NFL to allow 1k yards. That stat is a little inflated due to the 17 game season, but no one else playing in that season did this.

Treyvon Diggs was the 61st best CB at allowing 1st downs.

Treyvon Diggs was 78th in the NFL at allowing 15+ Yard catches.

Treyvon Diggs was 68th in the NFL at preventing separation (WR’s being open).

Bottom 10 in catches allowed.

Bottom 10 in TD allowed.

Now I do believe these stats are a little extreme because his INT total caused him to start playing for the interception which hurt his coverage and allowed him to get burned more than he should be. He is not a bad corner. But he was not close to being “one of the best corners in the league.” Not close.

This can be excused away when a guy gets 11 interceptions, that covers up a lot of blemishes. But 3 interceptions does not cover this up. 4 interceptions doesn’t cover this up, not even 5 or 6. So I’ll ask again, do you genuinely believe this wasn’t a fluke and he’ll be the second CB in 40 years to get double digit interceptions next year? Because if he isn’t, the conservation will be something far different than how soon before Jerry pays him the big bucks.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
Not signing top FA's has NOTHING to do with getting burned by signing Brandon Carr. It has EVERYTHING to do with trying to win by getting all the credit by being genius drafters and assemblers....if they win big by loading up top FA's or with a Jimmy Johnson type coach, they get little to no credit...or so they believe. Why would Booger and Chuckles ever desire that??? :facepalm::facepalm: Blank them both!!!
How can you complain about the free agents that they have brought in? Did you miss last season? You don't like Kearse, Hooker, Watkins, Basham, Fowler, and Washington? They went 12 and 5 and are in good shape to win the division again and who knows what happens from there. They have a good team no matter how much you *****.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Responding to questions with questions instead of answering them. But I’ll answer yours: Because that’s what he has control over. It’s what he’s consistently doing game in and game out, whether the QB is throwing picks or not. “Go get an interception on this series.” That’s not a reliable thing to ask of anybody. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn’t, it doesn’t. And if it does, how much of it had to do with Diggs? Why isn’t it happening to the greatest CBs who ever lived but it is happening to him? “Go guard your man.” That’s reliable, that’s his job, that’s what he can control, and that’s why coverage stats matter.

Out of 91 qualifying corners in 2021, Treyvon Diggs had the 90th lowest yards per target allowed. 1 guy was worse. Now you could say Dak Quinn doesn’t put him in a position to succeed, or due to Dallas scoring a lot teams throw to keep up, but even the worst corners on the worst pass D’s are higher than that.

No CB in the NFL last year gave up more yards through the air than Diggs. At 962 yards allowed, he was the closest CB in the NFL to allow 1k yards. That stat is a little inflated due to the 17 game season, but no one else playing in that season did this.

Treyvon Diggs was the 61st best CB at allowing 1st downs.

Treyvon Diggs was 78th in the NFL at allowing 15+ Yard catches.

Treyvon Diggs was 68th in the NFL at preventing separation (WR’s being open).

Bottom 10 in catches allowed.

Bottom 10 in TD allowed.

Now I do believe these stats are a little extreme because his INT total caused him to start playing for the interception which hurt his coverage and allowed him to get burned more than he should be. He is not a bad corner. But he was not close to being “one of the best corners in the league.” Not close.

This can be excused away when a guy gets 11 interceptions, that covers up a lot of blemishes. But 3 interceptions does not cover this up. 4 interceptions doesn’t cover this up, not even 5 or 6. So I’ll ask again, do you genuinely believe this wasn’t a fluke and he’ll be the second CB in 40 years to get double digit interceptions next year? Because if he isn’t, the conservation will be something far different than how soon before Jerry pays him the big bucks.

His interceptions came on great plays from him. You can sit here and use stats to justify your claim but one thing you can't do is erase he was a 1st Team All Pro. Sure Pro Bowls are crap but you can't argue he only made it because he lead the league in picks......JC Jackson led the league in picks a year prior and didn't make the All Pro at all and he finally made it but 2nd team this year with 8 picks.....

HIs All Pro selection says he was one of the best corners in the league last year.

IN regards to your question if this is a fluke....if quarterbacks continue to attack him like they did last season? I do think he will lead the league in interceptions again. There was nothing flukey about it. Teams attacked him. I don't think they will attack him the season however. Not as frequently.

Mannix

Reaction score
How can you complain about the free agents that they have brought in? Did you miss last season? You don't like Kearse, Hooker, Watkins, Basham, Fowler, and Washington? They went 12 and 5 and are in good shape to win the division again and who knows what happens from there. They have a good team no matter how much you *****.

WOW....you sure have your Cowboys bar set low. You are right about one thing....they do have a "good" team....serious Free Agency aquisition could have made it "great". Is this Mickey???

rambo2

Reaction score
WOW....you sure have your Cowboys bar set low. You are right about one thing....they do have a "good" team....serious Free Agency aquisition could have made it "great". Is this Mickey???
Low? Since when is being one of the best teams in the NFC low? You don't have a clue how good any free agent will be? Name you serious free agent acquisitions and lets see how good they end up being. How many free agents played better than Kearse did last year? You just throw crap up against the wall 24/7 and you are doing it while the Cowboys are actually a good team.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The Diggs slander from cowboy fans is weird.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
His interceptions came on great plays from him. You can sit here and use stats to justify your claim but one thing you can't do is erase he was a 1st Team All Pro. Sure Pro Bowls are crap but you can't argue he only made it because he lead the league in picks......JC Jackson led the league in picks a year prior and didn't make the All Pro at all and he finally made it but 2nd team this year with 8 picks.....

HIs All Pro selection says he was one of the best corners in the league last year.

IN regards to your question if this is a fluke....if quarterbacks continue to attack him like they did last season? I do think he will lead the league in interceptions again. There was nothing flukey about it. Teams attacked him. I don't think they will attack him the season however. Not as frequently.

JC Jackson didn’t make it because he didn’t have 11 picks, it’s a hugely outlying number. Just leading the league is not the same thing as being the first player in 40 years to have double digit interceptions. He earned his all-pro selection because of the picks, everyone knows that. He most certainly didn’t earn it from his coverage skills.