CB Marquez White charged with second-degree aggravated assault

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Or the truth is halfway between what happened and his PR statement. Its not hard to picture him being in the right initially but then taunting the guy, braking later, etc. From the description of the situation and the other party it sounds like Marquez is in the right, but he could have contributed to the situation a lot more than his attorney is saying.

Either way, IMO its likely all this is forgotten in a week or so.
He also mentioned the other guy has a record. Maybe he's had road rage issues before which would derail any case.

cern

Reaction score
I'd feel that way had the arrest occurred at the time of the incident, or shortly thereafter. Pressing charges 9 months later is a little puzzling to me and wondering what evidence they have where they feel comfortable moving forward at this point.
Could just be other learned of his identity, hired a lawyer and pressed for charges to be filed in an effort to get a financial settlement. Happens all the time.

Kaiser

Reaction score
He also mentioned the other guy has a record. Maybe he's had road rage issues before which would derail any case.

Yup, that seems like a clear signal from the attorney that the other guy has a history of violence and if the DA takes this trial, they have zero chance of convicting Marquez. Seems like a signal of "Best to let this one go, huh?"

Big_D

Reaction score
If only Terrence was running and not on a scooter...

terrance-williams-dashcam.gif

He caught the ground with his face instead of his hands.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
There are definitely more crooked cops than people would like to acknowledge.
More times than not, these officers are NOT charged - usually they keep their jobs.

It is a big problem that cops aren't charged when they do something wrong.

But there's a bigger problem with training.

Cops seemed trained to treat any action that conflicts with their expectations as non-compliance, including failure to comply as quickly as they'd like, when it can just be the ambiguity of their instructions and the fear and confusion of being screamed at by a guy with a gun that has a person rushing to respond when he's still unsure of what the instructions mean.

There really should be public service commercials on TV instructing people what to expect when police arrest you, and what's proper way to behave.

There was a recent video of a guy who got tazed when they told him to "straighten your legs. Now cross your legs". I would have gotten tazed. Crossing your legs means to me sitting "indian style", not crossing them with your legs straight, which is apparently what they meant.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well apparently the cops believed white enough to not arrest him the day of the incident. Seems likely he is telling the truth and this will be a non issue once the stupid legal process is done. White probably should have gotten a lawyer much sooner.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Could just be other learned of his identity, hired a lawyer and pressed for charges to be filed in an effort to get a financial settlement. Happens all the time.

White hasnt even earned much to pay anybody anything lol. The other guy clearly chose the wrong player to run game on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but how much of that has gotten taxed, went to agent and spent before the situation at hand now? And that's really not alot of money when you break it down.

And it hasn't all been paid yet anyway, I'm sure it isn't all guaranteed, and he won't get paid if suspended or fired.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah but how much of that has gotten taxed, went to agent and spent before the situation at hand now? And that's really not alot of money when you break it down.
I think he got 100k signing bonus and was set to make 500k this year.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
And it hasn't all been paid yet anyway, I'm sure it isn't all guaranteed, and he won't get paid if suspended or fired.

His money is still tied up before it is completely distributed out! Losing a case against him can be damaging.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully he can avoid this whole thing, stay on the team, and not get into anymore crazy situations.

If he did not do what he is accused of, I agree, but if he did I will be happy if he loses his job and ends up with a criminal record.