News: CBS: Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Praises Dak Prescott, Believes Team 'Should Be A Contender'

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Roy you keep saying this over and over lol
Dont you realize that was only 4 games????????
Dalton played over twice as many games as dak.
The more games played the avg is going to come down !!!!!!

That is like saying a RB has a 150 yds a game avg but he only played 4 games.

You dont really think dak would have avg 37 points a game if he played whole season do you???

Sure it would have come down. Just like Dak would have won a lot more games NOT playing playoff teams and playing the posh schedule that Dalton played.

Still doesnt change the average.

Its just really laughable for someone to say that Dalton had the same affect on winning as Dak did when one guy averaged 37 per game and the other 21 per game.

Maybe you should take the time to correct the real injustice? Or maybe you have an agenda too.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Sure it would have come down. Just like Dak would have won a lot more games NOT playing playoff teams and playing the posh schedule that Dalton played.

Still doesnt change the average.

Its just really laughable for someone to say that Dalton had the same affect on winning as Dak did when one guy averaged 37 per game and the other 21 per game.

Maybe you should take the time to correct the real injustice? Or maybe you have an agenda too.

Zeke rushing stats w/Dak (5 games)

89 carries 364 yards 5 TD's 4.09 YPC 24 catches 173 yards 7.21 ypc

Zeke stats w/Dalton (10 games)

155 carries 615 yards 1 TD 3.97 YPC 28 catches 165 yards 5.89 ypc

Admittedly it helps when Zeke is performing more with Dak under center than when Dalton was under center.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke rushing stats w/Dak (5 games)

89 carries 364 yards 5 TD's 4.09 YPC 24 catches 173 yards 7.21 ypc

Zeke stats w/Dalton (10 games)

155 carries 615 yards 1 TD 3.97 YPC 28 catches 165 yards 5.89 ypc

Admittedly it helps when Zeke is performing more with Dak under center than when Dalton was under center.

NO doubt about it. However the fumbles mostly occurred in the first 5 games correct? One could argue that had Zeke not had the fumbling issue that the Cowboys are 3-2 and possibly 4-1.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
i remember when jerry said he thinks we can win 10 games then cuts Tony Banks makes Quincy the starter and praises campo.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're back? Didn't you lose a bet against Dak? I guess you're gonna double down huh? It's all good, you'll mouth off again and be gone for good soon enough.
Yes, he did. And he honored the bet staying away. Remember it’s trolls like him who are helping keep this site going with their financial contributions. Haha

Dak 666 in his Avatar is all you need to know . Not many Cowboy fans going to associate their QB with the Devil and evil. But thanks dude for your coins. Lol

Reactions: CWR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak is much more talented, better leader, a dual thread, all of it. Now if you dont think that leads to more wins then I cant help you. Dak lead the NFL in last drive wins. I see you didnt bother disputing that one.

You got proved completely wrong on almost everything you said. The ONLY thing you actually got right was the defense WAS better with Dalton as QB. LOL

But we all know that had nothing to do with Dalton.
It’s really a ridiculous argument to take on with an obvious troll who thinks we’d be better off with Dalton .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Exactly this.

It's quite amazing how many Cowboy fans overrate Prescott.

People get labelled as haters for correctly regarding him as a good solid player.
This is a Cowboys fan site. If there was ever a place where fans overrate the Cowboys QB, this might be it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree in the sense that Prescott's cap hit is fine this season then it's curtains. So we have a 1 year window
Actually it’s 2 years. The 40+ million Cap hits don’t begin until 2023. But then the new Collective Bargaining deals are to kick in. 40 million might look more like 30 by then .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"Should be a contender" = I know this roster is good enough, so if we fail it's the coach's fault.
Yep

It’s two part. He first has to sell it. Then if it doesn’t meet expectations, he looks for scapegoats.

Anything but admit it was flawed from the onset because that wouldn’t shine well on him.

This is why some fans think he’s doing a good enough job because they want to believe him. Jethro plays to the eternal optimism.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here’s the question I’d ask our owner , GM and head Pimp. Which other division would we be picked to win?