CBS: McCarthy wants Quinn back

plymkr

Reaction score
We better hope that our toughest teams next year are front loaded, because if we start out hot next season against cupcakes its gonna happen during the season....then I'll be 100% done with this *%#@ show.
You know what I think is going to happen next year? The whole circus will collapse. Here’s my theory. Dak will be the highest paid player in history, CD the highest paid WR and Micah highest paid podcaster. Regardless of the reality of the salary cap and how it can be manipulated Stephen will use the contracts of Dak, CD, Podcast, Diggs, Steele, and Martin as an excuse to not sign any FAs. So we’ll have a core of players that are paid well and underachieve. The rest of the roster will be Asim Richards/Clarkes of the NFL world. We lose early and the locker room falls apart.

Our defense is trash unless it gets TOs. Our offense underperforms unless the defense gets momentum. We’re going to lose defensive depth to a defensive unit that is not very good. The defense will not be able to carry the offense and the offense will start grumbling with each other. Like Lamb and Dak in the Green Bay game. McCarthy will lose the team.

That little bit about a player saying Dak panics is a red flag that this is already happening.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
McCarthy is a lame duck. If Quinn leaves there won't be a bunch DCs lining up to move when the coach could get fired next year.
JUst the opposite....a great job as a DC could lead to HC the next year.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not saying you're wrong, but what's the issue with Whitt?
He is the person most responsible for our coverage scheme. The middle of the field continues to be wide open. I am not sure in my evaluation because the LB and S talent was from decent to god awful with a couple exceptions.

DaleMc

Reaction score
I don't know who replaces him but I hope DQ lands in Seattle, those that were with him in Atlanta have shown the blueprint to smoke his defensive scheme and you can bet every team has watched it. His defenses are smaller and fast but can't hold up through a significant injury or two.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
As long as we are getting the band back together, what if we bring Mike Nolan back? The OG member! Only if DQ walks.I mean..it kind of fits the agenda. Rod Marinelli can’t be busy. We’ve got options.

vlad

Reaction score
The cherry on your s show will be if the Texans raise the trophy- but much like the even the Eagles won, Jerry will be proud of them

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
All done with Mirrors....Fun House mirrors Dallas fans will never escape......

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
we want Mike to put on some weight. Sloppy fat coaches are the best. Kill some buffets, Mike, show them who's boss.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
YARN | The show goes on! | The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) | Video gifs by  quotes | 4f34b0f4 | 紗

LOL, exactly what Jed is saying thinking about his bank account.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
McCarthy is a lame duck. If Quinn leaves there won't be a bunch DCs lining up to move when the coach could get fired next year.
This is exactly why I'm not sure Quinn wants to come back.........especially if there is a handshake offer as DC with a newly hired HC.

75boyz

Reaction score
I mean, it wouldn't be a true run it back kind of year without all the usual suspects.

Plus, if they suck real bad it would give McCarthy the opportunity to fire Quinn mid-season in order to put up appearances that he's taking action.

When in actuality it's just McCheese keeping Quinn as a scapegoat outlet if the team fails miserably.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
While DQ is taking the brunt of the playoff débâcle, I’m not opposed to him coming back as long as they get him 3 more real LBers to work with. Hopefully having Diggs back would keep that zone defense in the trash can where it belongs.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Quinn seems to not learn from his mistakes. He puts out a lighter defense each year and gets ran over. Next season he might put eleven DBs out there. I would prefer a change in philosophy TBH.