CBS Sport Jason Garrett future with Cowboys: Several factors fueling delayed announcement in Dallas

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jerry himself, has incrementally stripped away most of Garrett's influence on football operations to the point where he is just a mid week motivator. Why would Jerry think that any other team would want this guy, in any capacity? Totally delusional.

Agreed, and yet Jerry said Garrett would get another NFL HC gig real fast .

Jerry doesn't make sense at all .

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
The only move Stephen made was cutting Bailey and signing Maher.

well, that was a terrible move .

Jerry wants to put him somewhere in the organization, where he can say, '"See, my boy succeeded; my investment paid off. I know what I am doing." Even if he failed as a head coach. Of course, Jerry will never really admit that he failed. If the next coach comes in and wins; Jerry will point to all the prep work Garrett did over the last decade in setting the tone and culture. He can't do that with Garrett in another organization. Even if there is no real interest from other teams, it is what Jerry fears most right now.

100% agreed .

sdfidaho

Reaction score
It’s baffling after ten years of losing Jerry has such high value for Garrett

That’s not how JJ sees this.
His Stepson won COY not long ago.
Had Dez’s catch been ruled a catch.
ya da ya da ya da....

This year though, Jerry thought “he” had put the pieces in place to make a deep run., but his favorite child let him down.
Still, he doesn’t want JG to go to another team and have big success (bwahahaha...I know, I know). That would just put an even bigger spotlight on Jerry’s inadequacy as a GM/Owner.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Are we sure his contract isn't up on January 14th? I'm starting to think it'll be February 14th with these 2 lovers.

Anybody have any tissues??? I haven't cried over a romance like this since Romeo and Juliet..
OIP.YOkqTN1qoy-b2XebcQRwnQHaE8
Hopefully the Joneses are hiding anything that can be used for poison.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
It's amazing to me that a good portion of the membership here likes to pretend Stephen runs the team but no one is blaming anyone but Jerry for this.
This is what will doom the franchise for 25 more years. Stephen is a fat turd who only got a job because of daddy's money. He has never had accountability or had to learn from failure. His value is no better than any poster who can calc the cap on a spreadsheet. No ability to judge talent and no repercussions when he screws something up...just pass the buck to Garrett, McClay, mommy or daddy

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what will doom the franchise for 25 more years. Stephen is a fat turd who only got a job because of daddy's money. He has never had accountability or had t learn from failure. He's value is no better than any poster who can calc the cap on a spreadsheet. No ability to judge talent and no repercussions when he screws something up...just pass the buck to Garrett, McClay, mommy or daddy

That's no way to talk about our savior.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...y-to-fire-jason-garrett/ar-BBYvmHz?li=BBnb7Kz

I posted this last night and it got locked. But in hindsight, I understand why. When I posted it, my intentions were to just see what your thoughts would be if this is true. I just didn't word it that way last night thus the post being locked.

This was part of the write up:

"Garrett’s contract expires on January 14th, and given Jones’ affinity for Garrett, it’s possible that the team is hoping to sever ties with Garrett without officially firing him early, at the cost of missing out on coaching candidates that may sign with other teams during that period."

If (keyword if) this is true, we can rule out any thoughts of any decent HC coming to Dallas.
He doesn't have to fire him, just say that they are not renewing his contract, and that they will immediately start a search for a new coach. They would be stating nothing but the truth.

RS12

Reaction score
I don't know how Jerry got so rich when he does stuff like this. Coaches aren't investments. And if this coach was an investment, he chased his losses for 10 years.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
I don't know how Jerry got so rich when he does stuff like this. Coaches aren't investments. And if this coach was an investment, he chased his losses for 10 years.
If he ran his football team like he did his other businesses we could be the pats.

kskboys

Reaction score
Running an NFL team is a completely different animal than running any other business. Many normal business practices would not work in the NFL. And that's one of the problems, in 25 years Jerry has been unable to even figure this facet out.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Washington has even attempted to make a complete change by firing Bruce Allen and hiring Rivera and Jack Del Rio. But, here Jerry is letting his emotions get in the way of doing what is best for this franchise's future. :facepalm:

crazytown41

Reaction score
Because he's been trying to prove he can win with his own coach/puppet since Jimmy left.

He's still jealous Jimmy gets all the credit for those SBs. He'll go to his grave to prove otherwise.
Imagine if Kraft did this will Belichick after 2 SBs:facepalm:

kskboys

Reaction score
Washington has even attempted to make a complete change by firing Bruce Allen and hiring Rivera and Jack Del Rio. But, here Jerry is letting his emotions get in the way of doing what is best for this franchise's future. :facepalm:
Possibly. However, since we don't know yet what Jerry will do, it's premature to make this assumption.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Good call. Really good call. And you can add Elway to list. Former pro-bowl players and HOF'ers are revered. How many folks have mentioned Aikman for GM and/or Romo as HC?
But your point stands. It's very rare. And isn't a good practice despite the anomalies.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Now the new coach have to deal with JJ and JG you got to love this organization structure.
And all of the players have access to JJ and JG. Going right over the head coaches head.

Didn't the Tuna ban players and coaches from speaking to the media for a bit? No coach again will ever have that power.