CBS Sports: GB Defeats Dallas

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The one thing i do know if we let GB get out to a big lead on us we won't come back and GB usually starts fast and we start slow. Best case scenario for us is we win the coin toss take the ball and get a TD on our opening drive

Dre11

Reaction score
stack the box
make Dak throw deep
get in Cooper's head
genius game plan
no real home field advantage.

most likely another sub 20 performance
by an opponent that walks away with a win

Ridicoulous

gmb1

Reaction score
Can we exorcise the discount double check demons? I hope so.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Green Bay (3-1) at Dallas (3-1)
4:25 p.m. ET (Fox)
Point spread: Cowboys, -3.5

Although both of these teams are 3-1, I have on idea if they're actually any good. On the Cowboys' end, I'm not even sure we should count their three wins as actual wins, and that's because they've beaten the 0-4 Commanders, the 0-4 Dolphins and a Giants team that didn't have Daniel F. Dimes starting yet. At best, those games should count as a half win each.

On the Packers' end, they've beaten some slightly better teams, but their offense is still a mess. I once saw a dad get spit-up on by his baby at an airport, and the dad reacted with a look that I basically see on Aaron Rodgers' face every time he tries to go out and run Matt LaFleur's offense: Slightly annoyed, but trying to make it work, because he knows their stuck together for the long run.

The problem for the Packers this week is that it's going to be tough to make that offense work and that's because Davante Adams might not be on the field after injuring his toe in Week 4. Normally, that's the kind of injury that would have me thinking about picking the other team, but the Cowboys suffered an equally rough injury on Sunday when they lost left tackle Tyron Smith to a sprained ankle. Although Smith isn't expected to be out long, there's a good chance he'll miss this game.

Trying to replace a wide receiver for one game is a lot easier than trying to replace a left tackle. Although I expect this game to be close, I can't pick against the quarterback who has never lost a game at Jerry World: Aaron Rodgers. Whenever he plays in Dallas, Rodgers morphs into a super version of himself: Not only he is 3-0 all-time in his career, but the Packers have averaged 35.3 points per game in those wins.

With Adams potentially out, I don't think the Packers will quite hit that number, but he'll come close.

The pick: Packers 27-24 over Cowboys
GMO--- i may be a Homer..but i have never picked against cowboys no matter who they play...why?...if cowboys are my team then i root for them every game...this is Daks most important game of his young career..after sunday clunker...the only remedy is a game plan to take no prisoners...if we lost we go down swinging exhausting all our resources...i also believe even though we dont have Smith...our O line will play remarkably better because we have some real vets on that line...who hate to get manhandled...good chance we have Gallup back for this game..so Cooper and Gallup and Cobb someone will get open consistently..look for a lot more play action and RPO's...and a lot more Pollard maybe same time with Zeke?...i think Moore has to show he can be fearless if he can?..Garrett will overcompensate just like when he got buried early part of last year for being too scared to go for it on 4th down and we lost..after that he was always going for it on 4th down..so look for him to overcompensate and maybe have what appears as wild game plan...these are only my thoughts based on what i have observed in the past...it may not even mean much?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I got a couple bottles of henny to soothe the pain
King--- after 20 years i finally got off the booze and drugs..it was brutal...so now i am left with my thoughts and emotions...we better come to play on sunday against the Pack....i wont be happy if we win a close one...we got to punch them in the mouth hard....if we have another clunker my sobriety may not last..i know King...Gorico get a life..i tried..what is life with cowboy losses?...i dont even call that being a survivor

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
King--- after 20 years i finally got off the booze and drugs..it was brutal...so now i am left with my thoughts and emotions...we better come to play on sunday against the Pack....i wont be happy if we win a close one...we got to punch them in the mouth hard....if we have another clunker my sobriety may not last..i know King...Gorico get a life..i tried..what is life with cowboy losses?...i dont even call that being a survivor

Stay STRONG there are more important issues in life than the Cowboys!

Stay Clean!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Rogers totally owns our arse, he has never lost to us in ATT Stadium and I think we have like 1 win in Lambeau in like the past decade or so.

Its literally depressing how we keep losing to this dude every freaking season.

Man a win would be sweet, but I aint holding my breath that its going to happen. All I know is that we dam well better not give the ball back to Rogers with more than 10 seconds left on the clock. I would rather get blown out than to watch that chit happen again.

kwcool619

Reaction score
So you are rooting for the Cowboys to lose just so you can see what random people around the world say about the loss? So weird. Am I the only person in the world who roots for the Cowboys to win football games? When someone asks you who you root for what is your response? I'm genuinely excited to hear this.

I'll be brave to answer your last sentence. When people ask me who I root for, I let them know I am a Cowboys fan. What comes next? Lots of noise from the peanut gallery. Examples: cowboys, Cowduds, Cowturds, Cowchips, etc. etc. When I hear that I immediately ask, "And how many Lombardis do we have?" and proceed to spread my fingers real wide and count to five. Again the noise: "That was the past" or "yesteryear" or my favorite, "The Dinosaur Age". Once time I asked, "Is it an irrefutable fact that Dallas have 5 Rings?" More times than not, it usually keeps folks quiet after that. I am careful around Patriots and Steelers fans because they will ask me "And how many rings do we have?"

Hopefully this qualifies that last question.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Cowboys 27 Packers 17
Big production in all 3 phases
Rodgers throws 2 TDs and gets sacked 5 times
Zeke runs for 120 and scores 2 TDs
Pollard returns KO all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

The last point, Pollard returning kicks: I feel we need consistent big time kickoff returns from Pollard, Austin, Cobb, etc. during this season. Down the stretch in December and January, that will be one of the major factors in games.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Dont let anything mess up your sobriety. My mom just celebrated 10 years

GMO415

Reaction score
GMO--- i may be a Homer..but i have never picked against cowboys no matter who they play...why?...if cowboys are my team then i root for them every game...this is Daks most important game of his young career..after sunday clunker...the only remedy is a game plan to take no prisoners...if we lost we go down swinging exhausting all our resources...i also believe even though we dont have Smith...our O line will play remarkably better because we have some real vets on that line...who hate to get manhandled...good chance we have Gallup back for this game..so Cooper and Gallup and Cobb someone will get open consistently..look for a lot more play action and RPO's...and a lot more Pollard maybe same time with Zeke?...i think Moore has to show he can be fearless if he can?..Garrett will overcompensate just like when he got buried early part of last year for being too scared to go for it on 4th down and we lost..after that he was always going for it on 4th down..so look for him to overcompensate and maybe have what appears as wild game plan...these are only my thoughts based on what i have observed in the past...it may not even mean much?
Never thought about Cobb.....I bet he wants a revenge game.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Brady has 6 rings, nobody is going to say the Pats are a product of their schedule.

Yea, because the two of those teams and the 3rd team, all in the pats division, that helped the pats get those Super Bowls have been world beaters for the past 10 years. . Please...

Pats , this year, went up against a good defense, got calls their way, and still barely won. I don't care what they have done in the past. This is this season.