Video: CBS Sports HQ: The Cowboys Plan with the 10th Pick

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
What kind of stats is he going to put up on our team? I keep asking you Pitts guys to give me an idea of what you would expect out of Pitts in our offense and none of you can answer it. You all just seem enamored by a great offensive talent and dont put much thought into how he fits here or what this team needs or doesnt need.

Dallas likes the TE and slot WR position...Pitts would give them an elite player there...they could then use Gallup as trade bait or to help move up. Makes the offense even better.

I am on board with Pitts if he were there but I doubt he will be. Im fine with Surtain...but think I would like the tradeback options of a few spots and still have the chance to get Horn....and then use the extra pick we get to move up to get Moehrig. Would be nice to have both S and CB addressed with top tier players. Opens up OT, LB and DT for the rest of the draft.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Dallas likes the TE and slot WR position...Pitts would give them an elite player there...they could then use Gallup as trade bait or to help move up. Makes the offense even better.

I am on board with Pitts if he were there but I doubt he will be. Im fine with Surtain...but think I would like the tradeback options of a few spots and still have the chance to get Horn....and then use the extra pick we get to move up to get Moehrig. Would be nice to have both S and CB addressed with top tier players. Opens up OT, LB and DT for the rest of the draft.

Would think that Pitts would be able to fill the role of Kelce....so there is your answer about his stats. Makes it easier for the outside receivers. Offense is top notch.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
What kind of stats is he going to put up on our team? I keep asking you Pitts guys to give me an idea of what you would expect out of Pitts in our offense and none of you can answer it. You all just seem enamored by a great offensive talent and dont put much thought into how he fits here or what this team needs or doesnt need.
First time I'm being asked and it really shows how small minded you could be. First off it's not about stats it's about opening up the field and the mismatches it would bring everyone especially on the outside. Imagine being a WR1 and never getting double teamed or having a safety over the top. Imagine Zeke never seeing a 9 man front anymore. The guy would greatly help our redzone efficiency too.
Now since you play madden and you need stats here you go. I would say probably for his rookie season he would be in the 45-55 catch range for 600-800 yards and 8-14TDs

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd be really happy with Surtain, Sewell or Horn! They've gotta be the most desperately-needed additions and all very capable, also!:thumbup:

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
First time I'm being asked and it really shows how small minded you could be. First off it's not about stats it's about opening up the field and the mismatches it would bring everyone especially on the outside. Imagine being a WR1 and never getting double teamed or having a safety over the top. Imagine Zeke never seeing a 9 man front anymore. The guy would greatly help our redzone efficiency too.
Now since you play madden and you need stats here you go. I would say probably for his rookie season he would be in the 45-55 catch range for 600-800 yards and 8-14TDs

Small minded that I want my top 10 pick to produce? LOL Are you joking?

TE simply isnt a high impact position. Pitts would have to put up similar numbers to Kelcy in his best seasons. And do it for the next 8 years for this pick to be worth while. Something along the lines of 1200 yards and 12 TD's. THAT would come at the expense of the other 3 great receivers we already have on here.

All taking Pitts would do is guarantee that two years down the road when both Cooper and Gallup are gone that we will have two great receiving weapons. Its nice to carry on the great weapons in the passing game, but does nothing for the defense or the Oline that needs to block in order for it all to work.

Solidify the defense or the Oline. Trade down if he is there.