CBS Sports pegs Cowboys to be one of 2018's biggest disappointments

CPanther95

Reaction score
This time last year, he correctly predicted a sophomore slump for Dak and the Cowboys.

... but he also predicted the Giants to win the NFC East, the Commanders to snag a Wild Card and the Eagles to finish last in the division.

Techsass

Reaction score
The Cowboys and LeBron are newsworthy. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall; both are in the news.
I tend to get suckered in on the click bait because I'm a Cowboys fan. Why so many others do kind of puzzles me. I might click on another NFCE team article, but that depends on what it's about. I skip over a lot of NE, GB, Atlanta, etc. stuff.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
They could go 1-15 and Garrett will keep his job. Jerry will have to get him a new set of knee pads for Christmas, though.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The NFL is absolutely the hardest league to predict year to year, and whoever was good last year may not even make the playoffs this year. Who picked the Jaguars to make the AFC championship game last year at this time?

IMO, The thing this team needs to make major improvements must come from the coaches. I think there’s enough talent on this team to make some noise even in the playoffs.

But as was made crystal clear in the “All or Nothing” series, Garrett’s response to a butt whipping by another team is simply telling his players to “fight harder”. That’s my biggest concern. Is this coaching staff capable of making quality adjustments to what our opponents do?

For everyone screaming, “Just run the ball”, we must realize that the rest of the league has figured out what kind of defensive response is necessary to stop the Cowboys offensive attack. The next move is our coaching staff’s to make. Will they be able to do that? Is the question I think will determine our fate in 2018.

All true the coaching staff continually holds this team back. The power running game is the only thing that gives us good football to watch keeping Garrett from having to coach much .
4or 5 yrds a carry on 1s and 2nd down goes a long way in keeping us from having to watch Garrett fail to pull the rabbit out of the hat . I don't see big changes coming in coaching until Garrett is gone as head coach . I think there is a place for Garrett in talent evaluation and team building but we are not going to the big game with him in charge on game day.

I think the next move is the FO to make and that is change head coaches so we don't waste Dak , Zeke , Martin , Fred and Lawrences careers like we did Romo Ware and Wittens.

Proof positive of what that change can do is our division rivals in Philly and unbelievable turnaround in record time while we stand stuck in cement with Jerry and our process that at this point breeds nothing but poor discipline and mediocrity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure how disappointing it will be when your not picked to win division and rated about 8th-10th in conference? That looks like a 7-10 win non playoff season.

It will be disapointing to fans with higher expectations I suppose.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The 92 Cowboys passed to open up the run, kind of like what JG did against GB in the playoffs....he failed miserably and had to start the run early to save the game.

I think JG will now start with the run to open up the pass. But hellh have to change that up by game 4 .

Romo specifically points out the issue with tendencies.

I don’t think Garrett cares about this. He wants to bring back the 90s in 2018 but you have to adjust in this league because no team is significantly more talented then the rest.

Coaching and QB play are the most critical aspects of today’s football.

Our coaching offers a basic brand of football and our QB is just a solid player.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
This CBS writers opinion means nothing more then any of ours LOL so nothing to see here just another hater ! keep it moving

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's always something. I'm tired of the excuses. The author of the article is yet another doubting head that doesn't matter. The Cowboys need to get past the excuses and on to championship football. I believe.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's always something. I'm tired of the excuses. The author of the article is yet another doubting head that doesn't matter. The Cowboys need to get past the excuses and on to championship football. I believe.
CBS has long had an agenda against Dallas. The writers are politically motivated hacks. Its pure opinion dripping in implied insults. Screw off cbs. FAKE NEWS...

Rayman70

Reaction score
This CBS writers opinion means nothing more then any of ours LOL so nothing to see here just another hater ! keep it moving
POS writer...and not even a real journalist. Just a badly done opinion piece..click bait.

StylisticS

Reaction score
They could go 1-15 and Garrett will keep his job. Jerry will have to get him a new set of knee pads for Christmas, though.
I don't know why people say this. If they go 1-15, Jason is gone. If Jerry is stupid enough to keep him, then we as fans are being played.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't know why people say this. If they go 1-15, Jason is gone. If Jerry is stupid enough to keep him, then we as fans are being played.
Were we fans being played when Jimmy coached the team to a1-15 season and kept his job? Good thing Jerry was "stupid enough" to keep him or we would not have one 3 SBs in 4 years.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Were we fans being played when Jimmy coached the team to a1-15 season and kept his job? Good thing Jerry was "stupid enough" to keep him or we would not have one 3 SBs in 4 years.
Laughable comparison. If Jimmy was going into his 8th year as coach with little success outside of two seasons with no conference championship appearance, and goes 1-15, than yeah, we would have been played. Since it wasn’t his eight year but in fact, his first, the comparison doesn’t fit.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Laughable comparison. If Jimmy was going into his 8th year as coach with little success outside of two seasons with no conference championship appearance, and goes 1-15, than yeah, we would have been played. Since it wasn’t his eight year but in fact, his first, the comparison doesn’t fit.
Little success? Are you one of those pundits that consider not winning the conference a failed season? If your beef was consistency then you'd have an argument but that's not what you are saying. You think a 12 win season is "little success". You think a 13 win season is "little success". You set the bar too high, in doing so you set yourself up for disappointment.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Little success? Are you one of those pundits that consider not winning the conference a failed season? If your beef was consistency then you'd have an argument but that's not what you are saying. You think a 12 win season is "little success". You think a 13 win season is "little success". You set the bar too high, in doing so you set yourself up for disappointment.
My point stands. Little success. Going to the playoffs twice and only winning one playoff game in seven seasons to me equals little success. Your standards maybe different. If it is, congrats to you. But that’s you, not me.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My point stands. Little success. Going to the playoffs twice and only winning one playoff game in seven seasons to me equals little success. Your standards maybe different. If it is, congrats to you. But that’s you, not me.
You keep moving he goal post. You first asked,"Why do people keep saying this?" Like a difference in opinion does not exist. Then you qualify your standards by saying the Cowboys have had "little success". Then you requalify your standards by adding "one playoff game in seven seasons to me equals little success". Then you flip the script by conceding we have a difference of opinion..."Your standards maybe different." Had you just stuck with this realisation from the beginning, then you would not have even asked the original question..."Why do people keep saying this?" People have differences in opinion which accounts for them saying all sorts of different things.