Twitter: CBS Sports Playoff Wins for Potential Starting QBs

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is Textbook WR getting BEAT to the Spot.....

There was plenty of contact between Jaire Alexander and Brandin Cooks prior to the reception attempt as KLSFootball (whoever that is) alluded to. I cropped two stills from the video below--one from a side angle and rear angle.

As shown, both Cooks and Alexander dove for the pass. This was caused by Alexander slowing Cooks by mugging him as he broke his pattern back inside. Alexander did not read the play. He outmuscled Cooks to the ball by interfering with the receiver's forward movement. That is what actually occurred for Cooks to not be in correct position to meet the path of the ball.

In contrast (and despite Lockette's split-season hesitation), Butler simply beat his receiver to the spot by reading the play without interfering with the receiver during his pattern. Just my opinion of how a defender beats a receiver to a spot in textbook fashion. Both examples may be similar but are definitely not the same.

riwE4oG.png

znGvTKj.png

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree. Allen is a turnover machine and makes a ton of bone head plays. He’s not winning a SB. Not sold on Lamar. Burrow has the best shot.
I throw in Lamar because he’s always gonna have a shot with that front office. They just now how to build tough physical teams and their type of teams are always gonna compete.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I know, damn coaches! If they would have made better decisions Dak would have a SB or two, huh? Is that what you are mad about?
I am not mad about anything... well the 100+ degree heat here in Texas might qualify. I am simply pointing out that blaming dumb coaching decisions for one guy's alleged failure while ignoring them for another guy is disingenuous. Dak outplayed Goff in 2018 and Garapollo in 2021. If we can give Goff a pass for not winning last year because Campbell botched some decisions then why can we not give Dak a pass for Garrett and McCarthy's blunders? The short answer is we can't. Coaches mess up decisions and calls in every game for every team and every QB. If the players don't play well enough to overcome those screwups then that's just life. Dak didn't play well enough to overcome the coaches decisions in those games. The same must be said about Goff and the Lions' run last season.

Motorola

Reaction score
15-3 for Mahomes, with two of those losses in the Super Bowl. That's insanely good.
Only 1 loss in the Super Bowl.
2017-18___AFC Championship loss to Patriots
2019-20___Super Bowl loss to Buccaneers
2021-22___AFC Championship loss to Bengals

Motorola

Reaction score
Only 1 loss in the Super Bowl.
2017-18___AFC Championship loss to Patriots
2019-20___Super Bowl loss to Buccaneers
2021-22___AFC Championship loss to Bengals
ERRORS----
2018-19___AFC Championship loss to Patriots