CBS Sports: Top FA LBs

Rayman70

Reaction score
Blake Cashman is their type of player. Can't stay healthy, so will be a 1 year prove it deal. Typical type signing right there.

Doubt any other LB on this list will be signed.

Look for a few other payers not on the list.
Tranquill. Very underrated and a rotational guy in KC. But can start here given the need.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Devin White seems like exactly what’s needed in the middle.

At some point the “too expensive” crap has to end and get the players they need instead of worrying about cap problems that are inevitable either way.
Id luv him. We really need 2 guys in free agency, not he bargain basement guys either. Tranquill and White both should be in the middle price range. Affordable as heck. White wasn't even starting for Tampa much this year. Hes got 2 good years left I think.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Couple things
** Just read a nugget that this free agent cycle is loaded with LBers and S's. So we should be able to get a good one reasonable
** The player I want isn't on this list....yet and that's Fred Warner. His contract suggests he is likely going to restructure, take a pay cut or be released.
**Just me, but I would much rather find our starting MLBer via free agency than the draft.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/fred-warner-25169/

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Queen or Luvu would be ideal, and probably out of our price range, but Al-Shaair or Jewell would also be awesome and both have the toughness this team needs.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Couple things
** Just read a nugget that this free agent cycle is loaded with LBers and S's. So we should be able to get a good one reasonable
** The player I want isn't on this list....yet and that's Fred Warner. His contract suggests he is likely going to restructure, take a pay cut or be released.
**Just me, but I would much rather find our starting MLBer via free agency than the draft.

I completely agree with that last statement. We need to find the QB of our defense. Give me a tough, run-stopping, veteran leader in the middle.
For FA, that is our #1 priority.

Carson

Reaction score
Couple things

No chance 49ers let go of Warner. He’s the top LB in the league

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Being quasi realistic I want luvu…I don’t think 10m for a lineback is ridiculous and imo there’s no reason the cowboys can’t get him if he hit the market but that’s me. Rushes the qb, stops the run, sideline to sideline player, tackles hard, has an intensity to him. He’s not great in coverage but adequate enough and with our pass rush and secondary I think he’ll be fine.

Now, what does Dallas? Probably someone in the 4-5 range, which kind of sucks. I’d be fine with Jewell but he’s like in that 6-7 range.
I’d add I’d rather put top money into a Watkins or jones or even a Stewart however before a linebacker….but I know those 3 won’t be available to us.

Carson

Reaction score
I believe Willie Gay Jr., is a realistic option. He would fill out the linebackers being able to play inside.

You would have assuming Hank is back

Tank - Osa - Hankins - Williams
Parsons - Gay - Overshown

Clark, LVE depth as needed.

In the end, I believe it’ll be Kendricks we bring here to play ILB

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

Rayman70

Reaction score
Couple things

Fred Warner would be awesome if we could land him. I still would want another linebacker in free agency as we are void of starting caliber guys and the draft isn't what I call great . Draft Cooper and land Warner, that would be great. Nice start at least. Throw Tranquill into the mix too.

Carson

Reaction score
Fred Warner would be awesome if we could land him. I still would want another linebacker in free agency as we are void of starting caliber guys and the draft isn't what I call great . Draft Cooper and land Warner, that would be great. Nice start at least. Throw Tranquill into the mix too.
You’re crazy Ray!

Warner wouldn’t be a nice start. He would the best damn linebacker this team has seen in about 40 years

Rayman70

Reaction score
You’re crazy Ray!

Warner wouldn’t be a nice start. He would the best damn linebacker this team has seen in about 40 years
hed be the only guy we have worthy of starting, as great as he is. We cant stop there.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I believe Willie Gay Jr., is a realistic option. He would fill out the linebackers being able to play inside.

You would have assuming Hank is back

Tank - Osa - Hankins - Williams
Parsons - Gay - Overshown

Clark, LVE depth as needed.

In the end, I believe it’ll be Kendricks we bring here to play ILB
Gay is a thumper. I like this idea too.