CBS Sports: Vikes WR Justin Jefferson out to embarrass 4 teams who passed on him, Cowboys included

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Justin Jefferson's revenge plan: 'Every single (team) that picked a receiver instead of me are going to pay'
  • By Jordan Dajani
  • Apr 30, 2020 at 5:15 pm ET
While the 2020 NFL Draft class was stacked with wideouts, there was one that was seemingly making a late push up draft boards. Former LSU wideout Justin Jefferson was a large part of the Tigers' undefeated 2019 campaign, and a longtime NFL offensive coordinator/receivers coach even told Bucky Brooks of NFL.com that Jefferson was one of the best receivers he's ever studied. Despite the high praise, Jefferson fell all the way to the Minnesota Vikings at No. 22 overall.

While he was still a first-round pick, Jefferson wasn't too excited that a total of four wide receivers were taken before him. During a Thursday appearance on The Zach Gelb Show on CBS Sports Radio, Jefferson said that he was definitely shocked multiple wideouts were taken over him last week.

"I mean, yes," Jefferson said. "I felt like I was the best receiver in this draft class, and being the fifth receiver off the board, it kind of was a shocker. But also having that on my shoulder going into this next season with Minnesota, I'm definitely excited to show the world what I have."

While Jefferson is confident he can quickly prove that he's a legitimate NFL receiver, he wants more than that. He wants the Las Vegas Raiders, the Denver Broncos, the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles to regret passing up on him in the first round.

"Every single person that picked a receiver instead of me are going to pay," Jefferson said. "I'm going to show them that I am the better receiver than the pick that they had. . . . I'm definitely excited to go into Minnesota and [compete] for [a] Super Bowl."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ed-a-receiver-instead-of-me-are-going-to-pay/
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Hope our Cowboys new Defense shuts him down when we play the Vikings this 2020 season!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If there is a team he should be more pissed off about is the Eagles. They took a 2nd rounder rather than the 4th best receiver in the draft.

I still can't believe we got Ceedee Lamb right under the nose of the Eagles. They won't ever forget that.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Sad, there was a time when players would be focused to beat or embarrass every opponent they played and not just the ones they felt slighted by:facepalm:
What time was that? The 1940’s when everyone had a common enemy? Lol

Players have been using perceived slights and insults for motivation forever

If Ceedee has said this, we’d be congratulating ourselves over how much of a competitor our guy is.

wrongway

Reaction score
If there is a team he should be more pissed off about is the Eagles. They took a 2nd rounder rather than the 4th best receiver in the draft.

I still can't believe we got Ceedee Lamb right under the nose of the Eagles. They won't ever forget that.
Only if he goes on to be the receiver we hope he will be in the nfl.

Swanny

Reaction score
Justin Jefferson's revenge plan: 'Every single (team) that picked a receiver instead of me are going to pay'
  • By Jordan Dajani
  • Apr 30, 2020 at 5:15 pm ET
While the 2020 NFL Draft class was stacked with wideouts, there was one that was seemingly making a late push up draft boards. Former LSU wideout Justin Jefferson was a large part of the Tigers' undefeated 2019 campaign, and a longtime NFL offensive coordinator/receivers coach even told Bucky Brooks of NFL.com that Jefferson was one of the best receivers he's ever studied. Despite the high praise, Jefferson fell all the way to the Minnesota Vikings at No. 22 overall.

While he was still a first-round pick, Jefferson wasn't too excited that a total of four wide receivers were taken before him. During a Thursday appearance on The Zach Gelb Show on CBS Sports Radio, Jefferson said that he was definitely shocked multiple wideouts were taken over him last week.

"I mean, yes," Jefferson said. "I felt like I was the best receiver in this draft class, and being the fifth receiver off the board, it kind of was a shocker. But also having that on my shoulder going into this next season with Minnesota, I'm definitely excited to show the world what I have."

While Jefferson is confident he can quickly prove that he's a legitimate NFL receiver, he wants more than that. He wants the Las Vegas Raiders, the Denver Broncos, the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles to regret passing up on him in the first round.

"Every single person that picked a receiver instead of me are going to pay," Jefferson said. "I'm going to show them that I am the better receiver than the pick that they had. . . . I'm definitely excited to go into Minnesota and [compete] for [a] Super Bowl."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ed-a-receiver-instead-of-me-are-going-to-pay/
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Hope our Cowboys new Defense shuts him down when we play the Vikings this 2020 season!
I have no issues with players thinking like this. Whatever but takes to stay motivated

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
What a giant:

tenor.gif