CBS Sports: Vikes WR Justin Jefferson out to embarrass 4 teams who passed on him, Cowboys included

RandyOh

Reaction score
giphy.gif

dckid

Reaction score
Justin Jefferson's revenge plan: 'Every single (team) that picked a receiver instead of me are going to pay'
  • By Jordan Dajani
  • Apr 30, 2020 at 5:15 pm ET
While the 2020 NFL Draft class was stacked with wideouts, there was one that was seemingly making a late push up draft boards. Former LSU wideout Justin Jefferson was a large part of the Tigers' undefeated 2019 campaign, and a longtime NFL offensive coordinator/receivers coach even told Bucky Brooks of NFL.com that Jefferson was one of the best receivers he's ever studied. Despite the high praise, Jefferson fell all the way to the Minnesota Vikings at No. 22 overall.

While he was still a first-round pick, Jefferson wasn't too excited that a total of four wide receivers were taken before him. During a Thursday appearance on The Zach Gelb Show on CBS Sports Radio, Jefferson said that he was definitely shocked multiple wideouts were taken over him last week.

"I mean, yes," Jefferson said. "I felt like I was the best receiver in this draft class, and being the fifth receiver off the board, it kind of was a shocker. But also having that on my shoulder going into this next season with Minnesota, I'm definitely excited to show the world what I have."

While Jefferson is confident he can quickly prove that he's a legitimate NFL receiver, he wants more than that. He wants the Las Vegas Raiders, the Denver Broncos, the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles to regret passing up on him in the first round.

"Every single person that picked a receiver instead of me are going to pay," Jefferson said. "I'm going to show them that I am the better receiver than the pick that they had. . . . I'm definitely excited to go into Minnesota and [compete] for [a] Super Bowl."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ed-a-receiver-instead-of-me-are-going-to-pay/
via http://cbssportsapp.com

Hope our Cowboys new Defense shuts him down when we play the Vikings this 2020 season!
Whatever motivates the guy. I just think he needs to understand that if Lamb was not there, the Cowboys would not have drafted a WR.
He should be pissed at the Eagles who drafted Reagor who will not even start for them this year. I

morasp

Reaction score
I thought the Vikings had some pretty good picks. I'll bet Jefferson and Gladney both turn out to be good players. And Cleveland, Dantzler, Lynch, and Dye could develop into starters as well.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Jefferson had 13 other drafted NFL players around him, not including the ones that will be drafted in the next two years. That sort of helps his stats. Nothing against him, but he's a touch too loud this early. LOL

J-man

Reaction score
I won't be surprised if he has some great games against us, we always seem to get torched by explosive slot receivers!

Pre-draft, I actually wanted Jefferson to be our pick at 17, I even posted a thread discussing why. He would have been great with us, he would have made our offense explosive and hard to stop.
But Lamb will do those exact same things for us. The biggest difference is that Lamb is able to play outside and in the slot, which makes him more likely to be a true future #1 WR. Jefferson is more or less just a slot receiver, maybe a dynamic one but still.

I have zero idea why the igglets passed on him, that was a huge head scratcher, one I'm happy about.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
This guy has an exaggerated feelings of self-importance......No single player can change a game it takes group of players to execute the plan...

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I don’t know why everyone here seems to not be a fan of this kid saying this. We want competitive players, right? We want players who think they’re the best and want to play like it, right?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Sad, there was a time when players would be focused to beat or embarrass every opponent they played and not just the ones they felt slighted by:facepalm:

Where did he say he’s only going to play hard against opponents he felt slighted by?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
If this was Ceedee saying this about being the third WR drafted, everyone here would be praising his confidence and winning attitude.