Cbz40 Game Day Thread | 1st Half | San Francisco 49ers | 7 PM CST

rkell87

Reaction score
mldardy;2910255 said:
It's not overreacting. It's not wanting to see the same crap as last year. Throw on 1st down incomplete, throw on 2nd down for a gain of 8, throw on 3rd down 2 yards BEHIND the 1st down marker and a gain of 1. Punt.

its the first drive...its a little over reacting...but if it continues the whole game then it may be warrented

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
2nd and 8

2 TEs - Romo reverse draw nice block Barber gets 2 yards short of the 1st.

Undisputed

Reaction score
marchetta;2910245 said:
Garrett is adjusting to the D. SF's D can't get to Tony. So, they got pass happy. It would have worked, if Tony hadn't rushed that throw to O over his head. SF's corners can't cover O, and their DLine can't get to Tony. So, why not get a bit pass happy?

I'll give Garrett a chance. But 7 passes to 2 runs? That's just a little too much for me when we've got a capable group of running backs.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
mldardy;2910255 said:
It's not overreacting. It's not wanting to see the same crap as last year. Throw on 1st down incomplete, throw on 2nd down for a gain of 8, throw on 3rd down 2 yards BEHIND the 1st down marker and a gain of 1. Punt.

good grief...it was only a punt because the worst player on the roster negated a good FG with a stupid penalty

thewireman

Reaction score
Why does Blue Star media suck, can they not show a game in any kind of HD quality? The picture seems worse than in standard def

StarHead69

Reaction score
I assume we will see a lot of the passing game tonight for the very reason that Roy is out and we need to see what Austin, Ogletree, and Stanback can do...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
3rd and 2

3 TEs, hand off Barber who is hit, then pushes his way to a 1st left side.

marchetta

Reaction score
Rampage;2910270 said:
we have 2 out of our top 4 wrs out. that's even more reason to run the ball. but no let's run it twice and throw it 6 times.

Winning the game is secondary. Evaluating talent is primary. Just because 2/4 of our top WRs are out, doesn't mean we should start running in order to win the game. Screw the game. We want to see how our other WRs play against a 1st team D.

mldardy

Reaction score
windward;2910280 said:
2 runs in a row. Yes, you were overreacting.
Yeah finally but will it hold up for this game? the entire season? That's all I am saying. Just mix it up and stop passing on every down. That's not fooling anybody. Running the ball 2 times in a row doesn't convince me or others of anything.