Cbz40 Game Day Thread | Dallas Cowboys 14 New York Giants 31 | Final

skinsscalper

Reaction score
DallasDomination;4346755 said:
Why does it feel like this game is already over?

The way the Cowboys are playing, it was over before it started. Joke effort all the way around.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4346766 said:
That's on Elam, can't run right into the seal block. Elam made a 5 yard play into a 70 yard play.

So then, as is your mantra, Newman was NOT targeted and NOT at fault?

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Judas;4346784 said:
All I want to know is, what fool thought that Newman could still play? Who's in charge of evaluating individual players, how good they are, etc? I mean, Newman is done.
Idgit

30YardSlant

Who else?

Air Force One

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4346766 said:
That's on Elam, can't run right into the seal block. Elam made a 5 yard play into a 70 yard play.

We wouldn't have even been in that position if Newman could make an open field tackle on 3rd down! Are you freaking kidding?? That whole drive was newman's friggin fault!

Dwight

Reaction score
Dallas is still in it. Jason has to bench Newman and Costa.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
So with the 14th pick in the draft........

David DeCastro although I'm thinking CB and OT are just as desirable.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4346793 said:
Right...I guess getting zero pressure on Eli is all on Newman also.

When the play was there to be made, Newman didn't make it. Eli, does not get sacked a lot. It's not just Dallas. The Giants make it a point to protect Eli at all cost.

munkee

Reaction score
I didn't expect this defense to lead the league, but I expected it to be better than last year. I'm not one to call for a coach or an assistant coach for that matter to be fired after only one year, but I wouldn't bat an eye if Ryan gets the boot.

There are definitely personal issues with this defense, but this defense is just horrid. I believe a descent coach would be able to get more out of these bums than what I have seen from Ryan this year.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Newman was embarrassed twice on that drive. First on the missed tackle that gave them the first down, then the poor coverage across the slot that gave them the TD.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
tyke1doe;4346780 said:
Why was that Ryan's fault?

Newman doesn't stay with his receiver and Sensabaugh gives up over the top coverage.

Ryan can't play too.

His scheme is too predictable and he blitzes ALL THE TIME. Our back four isn't good enough to do that. He has to play to the strengths of his players and he doesn't. He thinks "his" scheme is enough.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboyz88;4346797 said:
So then, as is your mantra, Newman was NOT targeted and NOT at fault?

It was also Elam's fault Newman whiffed on the tackle against Pasco.:rolleyes:

rcaldw

Reaction score
The biggest play on that drive had nothing to do with speed or agility, it had to do with the simple courage to put your shoulder into a guy instead of diving at his legs. You let a stiff Tight End jump over you and get the first down, If Newman tackles there we are off the field.

utrunner07

Reaction score
dwight;4346803 said:
Dallas is still in it. Jason has to bench Newman and Costa.

Yeah because Ball is such a better option, lots of fail on this thread, per usual. :rolleyes:

bracey

Reaction score
munkee;4346807 said:
I didn't expect this defense to lead the league, but I expected it to be better than last year. I'm not one to call for a coach or an assistant coach for that matter to be fired after only one year, but I wouldn't bat an eye if Ryan gets the boot.

There are definitely personal issues with this defense, but this defense is just horrid. I believe a descent coach would be able to get more out of these bums than what I have seen from Ryan this year.

It's a whole lot better than last year. Especially against the run.

Kristi

I Rue Everything
Reaction score
There has got to be someone on the practice squad that can play better than Newman! Can't tackle, can't cover!! I hope he is done after this year. Geez!!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I have always said that as a DB, as long as you've got wheels, you can play (Champ Bailey, Rod Woodson, Darryl Green).

Newman's got not more wheels - it showed on that play. He should retire this off-season before he goes full on Anthony Henry on us.