CD Lamb has been called out by Dak and deservedly so

CoachD

Reaction score
CeeDee has turned into your typical NFL diva receiver and at the end of the Ravens game Dak Prescott got right on the mic and without mentioning any names he said certain things that applied to Lamb. CeeDee must be much better the rest of the season because if the Cowboys want to be successful on offense they are going to need Lamb to be great all the time not just some of the time or when he wants to be like some other Diva receivers that the Cowboys have had in the past i.e. T.O, Dez Bryant, and Keyshawn Johnson.

Staubacher

Reaction score
During the game I saw Lamb visibly frustrated when Dak couldn't throw a five yard pass to Zeke for an easy first down he threw it way behind him and over his head.

Maybe Lamb feels stupid now that he shucked and jived for Dak when Dak was getting ready to sign that contract

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two sides to a story, and WRs are dependent so you see them get frustrated, especially, if they feel they were open multiple times and didn't receive a pass.
Not getting a throw every time you feel you are open is part of the life of a WR. Sometimes the QB misses it, sometimes the read dictates going another way, sometimes others are open as well, and sometimes the pressure on the QB hurries the throw. And sometimes the WR isn't as open as he imagines.

What the WR can do is control things when the ball does come to him, and Lamb did not do that the way we saw from him last year. He dropped several passes. Granted it was one game, so we shouldn't assume that's going to be a pattern, but he did seem to sulk a lot, which is not a good sign.

I would like to look at the film before blaming on CD. Is he open and Dak missing him? Maybe Dak is the one that is deserving to be called out!
No doubt Dak didn't see him a few times, but that's part of the game. Lamb dropped balls he normally doesn't, but that's also part of the game. Those things aren't really the issue anyway. It's the attitude. Brady talked about Lamb's attitude and body language, and frankly as a fan watching it certainly seemed it was a legitimate issue for Brady to mention.

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
Not getting a throw every time you feel you are open is part of the life of a WR. Sometimes the QB misses it, sometimes the read dictates going another way, sometimes others are open as well, and sometimes the pressure on the QB hurries the throw. And sometimes the WR isn't as open as he imagines.

What the WR can do is control things when the ball does come to him, and Lamb did not do that the way we saw from him last year. He dropped several passes. Granted it was one game, so we shouldn't assume that's going to be a pattern, but he did seem to sulk a lot, which is not a good sign.
I agree, CeeDee should probably handle his frustrations better, but I prefer a passionate WR over an Amari type. To be fair to CeeDee, Dak was booed by the fans for his play. They need each other, so they'll work it out...it's a long season.

aikemirv

Reaction score

When Dak connects with CD our whole offense opens up. He should be getting the looks early on. It is Dak's responsibility to get him the ball early on if he is open!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, CeeDee should probably handle his frustrations better, but I prefer a passionate WR over an Amari type. To be fair to CeeDee, Dak was booed by the fans for his play. They need each other, so they'll work it out...it's a long season.
But it didn't even seem like passion. It wasn't getting fired up or excitable for the most part. Largely it seemed like pouting

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A leader, and a man, would have grabbed CD after the game and spoken to him about his attitude/preparation/life choices/whatever. At the microphone it should have been nothing but taking responsibility for your own play and what you need to do better.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Ravens said they had planned to play CeeDee very physically. And if they did he would break. Mission Accomplished. My biggest problem with Dak is that he needs to be more hard on his offense. Dak wants to be their friend. Screw that. Hopefully he'll learn that being a leader. You have few friends..

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
CeeDee has turned into your typical NFL diva receiver and at the end of the Ravens game Dak Prescott got right on the mic and without mentioning any names he said certain things that applied to Lamb. CeeDee must be much better the rest of the season because if the Cowboys want to be successful on offense they are going to need Lamb to be great all the time not just some of the time or when he wants to be like some other Diva receivers that the Cowboys have had in the past i.e. T.O, Dez Bryant, and Keyshawn Johnson.
CD is a great player....but I don't care what the numbers say....he is not better than TO or Dez. Part of our redzone issues is the fact that we do not have a physical WR to throw the ball to when we are trying to score from the 10 yard line and in.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
CeeDee must be much better the rest of the season because if the Cowboys want to be successful on offense they are going to need Lamb to be great all the time not just some of the time or when he wants to be like some other Diva receivers that the Cowboys have had in the past i.e. T.O, Dez Bryant, and Keyshawn Johnson.
So we need Lamb to be great, just not great like some of the best receivers this team has had in the 21st century?

aikemirv

Reaction score

No doubt Dak didn't see him a few times, but that's part of the game. Lamb dropped balls he normally doesn't, but that's also part of the game. Those things aren't really the issue anyway. It's the attitude. Brady talked about Lamb's attitude and body language, and frankly as a fan watching it certainly seemed it was a legitimate issue for Brady to mention.
Don't get me wrong because CD screwed the pooch on the fumble but we have seen this before with CD. Dak knows who he is too so get him involved early!

TexasBacon

Reaction score
During the game I saw Lamb visibly frustrated when Dak couldn't throw a five yard pass to Zeke for an easy first down he threw it way behind him and over his head.

Maybe Lamb feels stupid now that he shucked and jived for Dak when Dak was getting ready to sign that contract
That ball Dak threw to Zeke was intentionally leading him to MAYBE be able to catch it and sprint to get a first down. Zeke looked over the wrong shoulder. If he caught it over the shoulder he was looking over he may have gained a yard but would likely have been tackled for a loss. Dak has made plenty of bad throws over the years but so much of the passing game issues this year have been drops, receivers not being on the same page just like Zeke in that instance.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Ravens said they had planned to play CeeDee very physically. And if they did he would break. Mission Accomplished. My biggest problem with Dak is that he needs to be more hard on his offense. Dak wants to be their friend. Screw that. Hopefully he'll learn that being a leader. You have few friends..
You cant be the leader when you are putting the ball at WR and RB feet all day!