News: Cedrick Wilson to IR; Mitch Hyatt to 53

starfan1

Reaction score
Id like to see Hyatt play. This guy was a 2 time all american. See if he got stronger and improved his footwork. If he's developed some Dallas could have another Ratliff kind of steal.
once garrett and marinelli and all the other failed coaches hit the road the skys the limit for these players

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have always wanted to know what’s up with Devin, why did they all of a sudden put Bryant over him.
Devins on the actives roster just not active for a lot for games..this injury probably gets him active this game to take Wilsons spot..

obviously he doesnt play as well on ST or run routes , hes more of speed guy who is a one trick type guy, go deep type stuff..

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I have always wanted to know what’s up with Devin, why did they all of a sudden put Bryant over him.

honestly, i have no idea, which only kept to the motto i have, if it works, you wont see it again.

being saracastic, i think its to even the playing field. DS was tearing it up and the other WRs were upset.

Kaiser

Reaction score
As good a guess as any. That's what I would have to think. Otherwise, I see more of a need at guard than tackle.

Disappointing that it wasn't McGovern being activated, so you have to think he isn't healthy. My question on Hyatt is whether he has added strength since the PS, he sure didn't have it then.

Creeper

Reaction score
With Knight and Fleming already on the roster as backup tackles, why bring up another OT? They are shorthanded at RB and DT. Unless someone was about to sign him off the practice squad... even then, so what?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disappointing that it wasn't McGovern being activated, so you have to think he isn't healthy. My question on Hyatt is whether he has added strength since the PS, he sure didn't have it then.

Same here. I saw the same thing and would be surprised at any huge transformation. I think it's simply a change in status to prevent anyone from signing away a potential offensive lineman and that he'll simply be inactive for the remaining three weeks.

As for McGovern, what I've heard is that he's simply too far behind in every area to even consider. He never got any snaps in training camp and quickly re-aggravated the pec injury before seeing any during the preseason. Sadly, his freshman year was a redshirt year. Hopefully, he gets a fresh start and fair shake under the new staff and can challenge for the left guard spot next year.

exciter

Reaction score
Considering he missed the majority of the offseason program, all of camp, and can't practice on IR and with the pec injury he's probably just getting back to being able to do strength training, exactly what is he going to provide? The ship sailed when they didn't bring him in after the Redfern injury. Redshirt!

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
McGovern is a 2020 stash, but he could be a useful one. I want to see someone at LG other than Connor Williams.

Hyatt? Ehhh, we'll see. I've learned over my time as an armchair scout that a lack of strength is difficult for an OLman to improve on or overcome.

exciter

Reaction score
Smith started in place of Gallup in the Saints game and didn't record a catch. As someone stated hes a one trick pony and its unlikely they'd be able to sneak him up on someone again. Bryant plays sp teams and provides the blocking wr snaps they lost with Noah Brown being out!

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hopefully, he gets a fresh start and fair shake under the new staff and can challenge for the left guard spot next year.

The team apparently had similar grades on McGovern and Conner Williams when each was drafted. When Bob Sturm did his draft review, he thought McGovern was clearly a better player than Williams, so next year will be very interesting.

Kaiser

Reaction score
McGovern is a 2020 stash, but he could be a useful one. I want to see someone at LG other than Connor Williams.

Williams has been better than fans think (this year) but it could be huge if he was the backup at all four OT and OG spots next year.