Cee Dee's Interesting comments about last week

No. Everyone is telling the truth. Schotty apparently didn't tell Dak to " Run clock and throw it away". So Dak didn't run the clock before he threw it away. Schotty fell on the shard to stop people from calling Dak stupid.

So everyone is telling the truth. Schotty took responsibility for something that happened on the field when he himself was not on the field. Now... you want to tell me how a guy standing on the sideline is fully responsible for something that happened on the field. Fully! Fully?
So you're telling us that an individual who wasn't even in the stadium knows more about what happended than the coach who called the play?
 
There is admittedly a little separation in that still. I caught the screen grab a split second before this one which was tighter. And every still after that will show even more separation because the defenders momentum was going backwards. The homer in me likes that there was no call. But the impartial me says that Pickens probably pushed off to get the separation.
I think the DB saw flight of the ball and just decided to stay off and dropped into the endzone. he had better view of the throw than pickens.
pickens did push off, but if its within 5 yards, I thought that was ok.
 
I think looking at this, we can see the defender is looking back at the QB and the throw (as he was the whole play )as pickens is just turning his head and still yet doesn't see the ball...I think the defender realized the flight of the ball and dropped back into the endzone, as I think he was covering for two potential plays, one the cut from pickens to front of the endzone and the other the fade. defender here in this image has the leverage over WR, as if the throw was to pickens, he could cut in front of him or drop into coverage for the fade. .
Bold> My counterpoint is based on physics. Nate Wiggins is backpedaling maintaining press coverage on George Pickens. Wiggins never plants his back foot to halt his backward momentum in order to remained locked with Pickens after Pickens made his cut for the out pattern and the pylon.

Some counterpoints suggest Wiggins reacted to the pass itself. Wiggins never took his eyes off Dak Prescott. He clearly sees the ball leave Prescott's hand, at an elevated level, that never indicates the pass will land in the endzone. In my opinion, Wiggins judged the pass as completely uncatchable within a moment after Pickens made his cut.
 
I have made up my mind. As have you.

I've never disputed that Pickens wasn't tied up when Prescott pulled the trigger.

My argument has always been that Prescott pulled the trigger to soon and that he had the .5 seconds necessary to make the play. There would have been a chance had he thrown a catchable ball when he did.

The problem with the stills by themselves is they don't show movement and momentum. Even the last still CFIH just posted shows Pickens turning back with increasing separation from the defender than the previous still showed. He apparently is going to stop there but if he did post the next 2 or 3 stills it would become obvious the play was there.

You would also see the movement and momentum of the rushers which shows Prescott did have the time and space necessary.

I just checked myself again with another run through and I honestly don't see what you guys are seeing.
of the DB who was looking at the ball the whole way, could get in the path of the throw to pickens.
we are arguing for .5 second, but if you looked at that last frame posted on this thread, the ball in the air, and steele and defender are right at dak. could .5 second cause him to get hit as he throws...from this image it looks like he couldn't step into the throw, as steele's feet is between dak's feet

which brings me to another point. steele sucks.

Frame-D.jpg
 
It's a simple throw to the pylon. Pickens has inside position toward it, and he's not giving up an interception there. You don't throw it to the chirro vendor.

Nothing to fabricate. He panicked.
well, the play called was to throw it away. from everything we have seen, it looked like that's what he did. people are arguing he should have reversed the call.

with that said, he has made a lot of tight throws this year, so your agenda driven panick theory doesn't hold water.
 
The next 2 or 3 stills after the ones you posted. It will give a sense of the movement and momentum of all involved. You're only showing part of the story.
I have showed the frames as I could capture.
watched it in slow motion as well.
could it have been? maybe.
could it have been intercepted? maybe
should Schotty not call for a throw away? 100%
did dak throw the ball away, it sure looks like it.

the argument is that he should have changed the play and gone for it. perhaps Schotty should be a better coach and trust his team.
 
Proper etiquette demands, "Mister Hater." Not "You." Not "Mr." And capitalize the "H."


We brought our newborn daughter home from the hospital. She pooped for the first time. I volunteered to change her diaper. It was my first time. Brand new dad. I thought I would treasure the moment always.

I chickened out and asked my wife to do it instead. She told me not to worry about it and said there would be plenty more diaper changes to come--with bigger loads to dispose of.
:lmao:
 
Does any quarterback, with the arm strength and accuracy, deliver his pass to the pylon especially if George Pickens pushes off? I asked because I have seen many defensive backs jump routes and make interceptions while backpedaling on 20-25 yard or more pass plays but I cannot recall seeing a backpedal, plant foot, reverse momentum, and jump route on a 10-yard pass. That is the only question that does not dictate a touchdown. The receiver must always do their job and catch a catchable pass also.

Frame-E.jpg
 
of the DB who was looking at the ball the whole way, could get in the path of the throw to pickens.
we are arguing for .5 second, but if you looked at that last frame posted on this thread, the ball in the air, and steele and defender are right at dak. could .5 second cause him to get hit as he throws...from this image it looks like he couldn't step into the throw, as steele's feet is between dak's feet

which brings me to another point. steele sucks.

Frame-D.jpg
All I can say is pull up the video and watch it using your keyboard to go frame by frame. It will illustrate the momemtum and direction of the DB as well as the rushers.

Hint. The defender was moving backwards when this still was captured and he was no factor.
 
Schotty was coving for Dak. You really think, after making up his mind to kick the field goal, he wanted Dak to throw the ball away that quick. I'm sure he wanted Dak to run some time off the clock then throw it away.

Lamb in this video is saying Schotty didn't play it safe like he did last week. He was going for the win this week, where as last week he was going for the tie.
Not buying Scotty was playing safe for the tie vs the Ravens - Dak got scared on the throw and airmailed it.
 
All I can say is pull up the video and watch it using your keyboard to go frame by frame. It will illustrate the momemtum and direction of the DB as well as the rushers.

Hint. The defender was moving backwards when this still was captured and he was no factor.
yes, I did see the WR getting pushed, but the separation came after the ball was thrown.
should we have thrown the ball to that spot and that should have been the play call. perhaps.
but I also think the DB saw the ball and continued into the endzone after the push, otherwise he would have battled back to defend the ball.

and this was a bad play call. whatever we want to call it. but the last 7 seconds was a debacle. people forget we never gave ourselves another chance.
the kick off was stupid. why kick it out, to give them the ball at 35. why not kick it to the returner and kill some clock. even if its 2,3 seconds.
the defensive formation was utterly stupid. we had 6 people at LOS with 2 dropping to cover recievers from the back field. WHY. that's stupid. give them that short yardage.
this should have been a defensive formation like a hail mary.
and the defenders should not have tackled the reciever. let him run around. if he gets through all the defenders, then its a miracle play.
and if he falls to the ground, just don't touch him. that allows the clock to run.

3 stupid stupid stupid decisions in a row.

I think Schotty learned a lesson. trust your team. go for the win. or at least I hope. I doubt if he has the mental capacity to take this team to a superbowl.
on the other hand, we sign middling coaches. pass on Ben Johnson strong coach personality type. he wins in chicago with 3rd string QBs.
we struggle like this for 3 straight years.

we can sit here and debate a single play that could have gone either way.
its year 30.
its 3rd year in a row we have had bottom feeding defense.
for once, I like to win a 20-17 game and have everyone say, defense saved Dak's arse. I wouldn't mind at all.
compelmentary football.
we can't expect to win having to score 30+ points each game.
 
Does any quarterback, with the arm strength and accuracy, deliver his pass to the pylon especially if George Pickens pushes off? I asked because I have seen many defensive backs jump routes and make interceptions while backpedaling on 20-25 yard or more pass plays but I cannot recall seeing a backpedal, plant foot, reverse momentum, and jump route on a 10-yard pass. That is the only question that does not dictate a touchdown. The receiver must always do their job and catch a catchable pass also.

Frame-E.jpg
what's this suppose to mean? this doesn't even make sense. this is not Madden NFL
the ball is already in the air. show the previous image. right before the ball coming out of his hand.
and DB has good position to step in front of that throw. he was looking back at Dak the whole play.
he then continued intot he endzone watching the ball the whole way. otherwise he would have attacked back at the WR...
 
Not buying Scotty was playing safe for the tie vs the Ravens - Dak got scared on the throw and airmailed it.
you can think whatever you want. schotty said it. players said it. play as it happened seem to show the same thing.
but I get it. you are DDS cult, you have to make up your own reality. he has made a lot of tight window throws this year. so your agenda driven theory makes zero sense.
but go ahead. let your imagination run wild.
 
It's a simple throw to the pylon. Pickens has inside position toward it, and he's not giving up an interception there. You don't throw it to the chirro vendor.

Nothing to fabricate. He panicked.
I was replying to your statement that he was wide open, which he was not. You can’t throw that pass on timing. If Pickens didn’t push off, that very well could have been a pick six as the DB was in excellent position.

Like I mentioned earlier, it can be debated why he didn’t wait one second longer and whether Schotty told him to or not.

One thing of note, Schotty is heavily criticized by many here, and rightfully so. But if Dak is involved, suddenly Schotty becomes a saint. :huh::muttley:
 
what's this suppose to mean? this doesn't even make sense. this is not Madden NFL
the ball is already in the air. show the previous image. right before the ball coming out of his hand.
and DB has good position to step in front of that throw. he was looking back at Dak the whole play.
he then continued intot he endzone watching the ball the whole way. otherwise he would have attacked back at the WR...
You are correct. This is not Madden.

The quarterback determines the football's path before it leaves his hand. The arrow represents where Dak Prescott was positioned when he released the ball. The receiver and defender are irrelevant to your counterpoint since the quarterback is throwing the ball to an endpoint where his receiver will catch it.

If necessary, I can post a still image of where the ball's path before the snap--showing exactly where Pickens and Wiggins are lined up and where they are going. Of course, that should not be necessary because this is not Madden with diagrams of route paths and defender drops.
 
I have made up my mind. As have you.

I've never disputed that Pickens wasn't tied up when Prescott pulled the trigger.

My argument has always been that Prescott pulled the trigger to soon and that he had the .5 seconds necessary to make the play. There would have been a chance had he thrown a catchable ball when he did.

The problem with the stills by themselves is they don't show movement and momentum. Even the last still CFIH just posted shows Pickens turning back with increasing separation from the defender than the previous still showed. He apparently is going to stop there but if he did post the next 2 or 3 stills it would become obvious the play was there.

You would also see the movement and momentum of the rushers which shows Prescott did have the time and space necessary.

I just checked myself again with another run through and I honestly don't see what you guys are seeing.
Actually I had no opinion until I read this thread because it didn’t really matter to me.

Maybe Dak did have more time but if you look at the last still @DallasEast posted with the ball ~5 feet out of his hand, you can see the lineman and defender are on top of Dak. Without scrambling, I don’t see how you buy much more time.

And I agree 100% that the defenders’ momentum is going backwards and in each still that follows the separation increases. But Pickens caused that momentum by pushing off (my opinion) which happened at/after release. But I would suggest that all Dak sees is there is no separation at the time of release and without what I view as a push off, there is no real indication that Pickens would come clear. And this was clearly a 1-read call, so it’s not like he needed to go through a progression…it’s either there or it isn’t.

It’s easy in hindsight to question decisions when you see the outcome. And in this case the fact that he ended up so open after release makes it look even more egregious. But hindsight isn’t afforded in real time. If some want to argue that Dak should have trusted Pickens to make the play, that’s valid. Personally I would have called a play with more options v a quick hit, 1-read play…they had time.

I tend to give the Ravens credit for good defense. They took away the slant with inside help and the CB was heads-up and pressed. The CB kept his eyes on Dak and Pickens release was a strong clue this wasn’t going to be a traditional fade route.

I don’t have a strong Dak opinion like most on this site but for this single play, I give Dak and Schotty a pass on the throw-away decision. I would also have been fine if he took the shot and trusted Pickens as long as he put it in a spot where only Pickens had a chance. However I believe the call was a play not to lose v finish them call which I think is a loser’s mentality.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,215
Messages
14,673,164
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top