CeeDee first down celebration move

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The swipe across the face mask with the pointer finger .
Like it or no ? I have no idea what it means but I kinda like it. Hope he gets hundreds of chances to show it.
(if there has been a thread about it already -sorry)

Irvin used to do the exaggerated 1st down sign when he was with us and Dallas was winning and I don't seem to recall many having issues with it. I don't give a damn what CeeDee does when he makes a 1st down or a TD the fact he is making the big 1st down or TD should get players and fans excited. these are not robot and this is not Madden vedio these guys play a game with excitiment and show it I don't see it as a big deal at all.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I am not a fan of first down celebrations. A player should act like they have been there before. I would rather the players hustle to the LOS or the huddle and keep the pressure on opposing teams. Lamb's celebration actually does not bother me as much as Zeke. All of these irks me while the team is behind. I like Calvin Johnson's TD celebrations best of all. He handed the ball to the ref.

My favorite celebration is the team hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. It has been a while since I have seen that.

Go Dallas!!!

I agree and to me it's just like the bulletin board stuff before a game, it just angers the other team and gives then more incentive to play harder.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let me see, any type of celebration is a lack of character. Perhaps thuggism; what about exaggerated ego? I believe some of the dissenters complain about the Dallas crowd not being hyped up at the home games. How do you feel about championship parades?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Let me see, any type of celebration is a lack of character. Perhaps thuggism; what about exaggerated ego? I believe some of the dissenters complain about the Dallas crowd not being hyped up at the home games. How do you feel about championship parades?

I agree. What is interesting is Cooper is low profile when it comes to celebration and has people accusing him of not caring or not leading, then you have Zeke and evidently Lamb who are showing excitment when they make big plays. Frankly no matter what our players do some are going to have an issue with it but in the end it is their issue and their problem. So those who want to be outraged by Lamb or Zeke go for it.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree. What is interesting is Cooper is low profile when it comes to celebration and has people accusing him of not caring or not leading, then you have Zeke and evidently Lamb who are showing excitment when they make big plays. Frankly no matter what our players do some are going to have an issue with it but in the end it is their issue and their problem. So those who want to be outraged by Lamb or Zeke go for it.

Grey Poupon, or bust! They also drink their tea, with the pinky out.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
For some reason, people think guys who run around and beat the **** out of each other for a living should display the utmost of professionalism regarding celebrations. It’s an interesting thought process.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I haven't picked up on any "outrage", just a bit of dislike or maybe even slight disgust...more for Zeke than Lamb. Personally, I don't mind a little celebration when it's worthy of celebration, or if the intention is to fire up the fans. But as previously mentioned, when you're way behind on the scoreboard, or when the whole defense runs to the end zone to do some rehearsed showboating after a turnover, that's just stupid.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I haven't picked up on any "outrage", just a bit of dislike or maybe even slight disgust...more for Zeke than Lamb. Personally, I don't mind a little celebration when it's worthy of celebration, or if the intention is to fire up the fans. But as previously mentioned, when you're way behind on the scoreboard, or when the whole defense runs to the end zone to do some rehearsed showboating after a turnover, that's just stupid.

Sorry I think that is a personal problem, some want these guys actling like robots no emotion but then it is not the fans who go through these battles. Some people don't like it? fine Personally I don't care as long as their action do not result in a 15 yarder for excessive celebration or taunting.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a big fan of spontaneous emotion after an important play. I like to see players fired up and showing their emption.

I'm not a fan of scripted moves in ordinary situations designed only to say "I'm (player's name) and this is what I do to get attention for myself.

That said, what CD does isn't nearly as demonstrative as some, so it's not something I've paid a lot of attention to. If he can do it without making a big production out of it, it's tolerable.

Zeke's "feed me" thing should draw a penalty as far as I'm concerned because most of the time he doesn't just jump up, do it quickly at the spot he was tackled, and go to the huddle on the offensive side of theline of scrimmage. He generally walks several steps deeper into the defensive side of the ball, which should be viewed as taunting in my mind.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm a big fan of spontaneous emotion after an important play. I like to see players fired up and showing their emption.

I'm not a fan of scripted moves in ordinary situations designed only to say "I'm (player's name) and this is what I do to get attention for myself.

That said, what CD does isn't nearly as demonstrative as some, so it's not something I've paid a lot of attention to. If he can do it without making a big production out of it, it's tolerable.

Zeke's "feed me" thing should draw a penalty as far as I'm concerned because most of the time he doesn't just jump up, do it quickly at the spot he was tackled, and go to the huddle on the offensive side of theline of scrimmage. He generally walks several steps deeper into the defensive side of the ball, which should be viewed as taunting in my mind.
If he turned toward one of the defensive players and did it, I'd agree, but he's just walking out into the open, where everyone can see him. I think it's a silly celebration, but I don't think it should be flagged.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he turned toward one of the defensive players and did it, I'd agree, but he's just walking out into the open, where everyone can see him. I think it's a silly celebration, but I don't think it should be flagged.
Seems to me he often walks straight upfield rather than away from everyone, and occasionally I've even seen him slightly bump into a defensive player. The bumping isn't intentional, and no, it doesn't appear he turns and directs it at a defensive player, but it's often right in the heart of where the defense will be lining up. I just feel if he is going to do it it should be right at the point he was tackled, and not deeper into the defensive side of the ball. Not that it wouldn't still be silly ...

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
@Cowboy-33 @AmariChill @Established1971 @JW82 @GMO415 @cern @calico

Since you guys seem to be the people actually interested in what it means...

"Wiping your nose" is a hip-hop reference. Ceedee is not wiping his own nose, rather he's saying he's going to wipe the opponents nose, aka rob, or potentially murder them. It's hard to find exactly how it started besides being a gang sign that potentially meant something like "this person can't be trusted".

At least that's what I think the most likely reference is. There are other more obscure things he could be referencing, but this is the most likely one.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Like it or no ? I have no idea what it means but I kinda like it. Hope he gets hundreds of chances to show it.
I know this will be an unpopular take but I’m tired of all the celebrations. Just do your friggin’ job you’re getting paid millions to do and act like you’ve been there before. Zeke’s “feed me” thing is obnoxious and unprofessional as well. If that’s the kind of kindergarten crap you need to motivate you then maybe you need to grow up a bit.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

I mean the NFL put a specific camera back there for celebrations so the league is in favor of it.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
@Cowboy-33 @AmariChill @Established1971 @JW82 @GMO415 @cern @calico

Since you guys seem to be the people actually interested in what it means...

"Wiping your nose" is a hip-hop reference. Ceedee is not wiping his own nose, rather he's saying he's going to wipe the opponents nose, aka rob, or potentially murder them. It's hard to find exactly how it started besides being a gang sign that potentially meant something like "this person can't be trusted".

At least that's what I think the most likely reference is. There are other more obscure things he could be referencing, but this is the most likely one.

You pretty much nailed it. I had no idea, but my kids knew immediately what what up.

NSFW language:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
You pretty much nailed it. I had no idea, but my kids knew immediately what what up.

NSFW language:

Our #88 WR occasionally throwing up a (potential) gang sign that means you’re going to rob or murder someone really lives up to the number’s history, doesn’t it?

mmohican29

Reaction score

Not a fan of this celebration which reminds of a specific culturally and sexually inappropriate joke phrase likely to get me in trouble for identifying.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Reminds me of when my buddies and I used to take our girlfriends to the movie theater in junior high...:laugh: