Video: CeeDee Lamb: Definitely Number One

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Why on Earth?

1. We are a bad team with far more needs than can be addressed in free agency under the cap.
2. We have plenty at WR without him
3. He is one of the teams few tradable assets.

You were probably one of the fans moaning about JJ trading Hershel Walker. After all, why on earth would we trade the best running back in the NFL!?
Nope, was a fan of that trade. If Herschel was a rookie with 10 games under his belt, I would have been against it. But nobody is giving a king's ransom of picks for CeeDee (or anybody for that matter) now a days. You might get a pick or two, but to me it isn't worth it to give up a potential all-pro that is just scratching the surface on a rookie deal for roll of the dice on draft picks that probably won't be high picks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He has had 4 different QBs this season, his rookie season, so just look at his upside.
I love him. But he isn’t breaking tackles and outrunning anyone yet.

nothing to do with a qb.

he’s just like Hopkins.

starfan1

Reaction score
Love the kid, but he definitely doesn’t break tackles or yac anything close to what he did in college.

yep big difference between the NFL and the big 12. But he's my dude and favorite player now and I pray his body holds up. If it does records may fall depending on whether or not the cowboys get the QB situation figured out

Reaction score
His play reminds me of OBJ.

His demeanor of being a grasshopper student from the Old TV series Kung ** with David Carridean.

Soft spoken but will slice you and dice you in 2 moves.

We all see how hard it is to cover him.

:thumbup:

One of my favorite shows as a kid.

I also like how the auto filter took out the "F" and "U" in your post, lol. :muttley:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Lamb will be the number one receiver on this team for a long time. I loved the pick from the start and I love it even more with the season this kid is having.

Cooper can be let go cap-wise after the 2021 season; so Dallas should start looking at locking up both Lamb and Michael Gallup for the long term.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
He didn’t want that number. He can’t return it now after the season He’s having. It might be an issue in the future.

He has such an issue with #88 that he wears it around his neck.

8NaCEO6.png

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, was a fan of that trade. If Herschel was a rookie with 10 games under his belt, I would have been against it. But nobody is giving a king's ransom of picks for CeeDee (or anybody for that matter) now a days. You might get a pick or two, but to me it isn't worth it to give up a potential all-pro that is just scratching the surface on a rookie deal for roll of the dice on draft picks that probably won't be high picks.

So, we shouldn't trade players until they reach their potential? That makes no sense at all. I'm not saying we should give him away and you have no idea what he might bring in the open market. He is a luxury a bad team can't afford. We need drafts picks more than we need another WR. We do need a DT, LB, Safety, and OL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
yep big difference between the NFL and the big 12. But he's my dude and favorite player now and I pray his body holds up. If it does records may fall depending on whether or not the cowboys get the QB situation figured out

QB situation has been figured out since we drafted Dak.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
So, we shouldn't trade players until they reach their potential? That makes no sense at all. I'm not saying we should give him away and you have no idea what he might bring in the open market. He is a luxury a bad team can't afford. We need drafts picks more than we need another WR. We do need a DT, LB, Safety, and OL.

First off great teams are made of skill set playmakers. That is just a fact. You have people at specific positions who make plays when the great moments come. Hence, why they called Irvin Playmaker. You build your team around those guys. They are the ones during the championship drive that make the catch, get the first down, score the winning TD.

Lamb may be close to a once in a generation receiver. I suspect they will pack another 8-10 pounds on him in a couple of off seasons. This will address the durability concerns the hand wringing set are worried about. But his skill set is remarkable, and those guys are virtually untradeable

Further, regardless of what this season appears to be, there is talent on this team. The results we see is more circumstantial than lack of talent. Certainly there are areas of need, but this isn't like this team doesn't have quality players. This new coach, no training camp, no off season prefect storm hit this team hard. Marry in a rash of fumbles and injuries and they are where they. But that does not mean a solid draft and perhaps a couple of FA, with second year players coming on and this team turns this whole thing around next season.

Further, there is some undone business with these three wideouts, Schultz and Jarwin, and Dak. There is money still on the table and these guys have a potential which can be reached and is not pie in the sky.

The biggest fallacy is what Parcells said that you are what you are. There is not a one size fits all in any category of football. Each instances is unique of itself. Even on the same team. Jeff Heath is a prime example. Most fans here were all for cutting him every year. He was perhaps the most unanimously despised player on this team. But he goes to another team and is showing something. Is it the coaching staff? Is it the players around him? It doesn't matter. His results here were never going to be the same somewhere else because of the chaos theory.

So when you look at this team and believe there are a great number of holes thus the team needs to trade away a budding star, that is Madden mindset and not reality. This team is not the 1989 Cowboys or even near it.

Finally, you see a guy like Lamb fall to the team. How many teams that drafted before Dallas would - at this precise moment - like to redo the draft and have a shot at him?

But your theory of trading him away for draft picks suggests they would be able to go get a group of players who would offset his talent and future.

Do you actually watch the drafts here?

Lamb is not going anywhere, and only fans come up with these kind of ideas. It smells of desperation. Is wrong headed. And ain't gonna happen. And neither is a trade of Cooper or Gallup.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hope so Dak probably my second or third favorite Jerry and him need to get that contract thing figured out

Personally, I'm not worried about it.

Dak is without question our best player on the Cowboys. Lamb is great, but his lack of speed and strength may limit him. Route running, and catching ability are off the charts.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Randy Moss was 6'4" and 210 lbs. CeeDee's 6'2" and 198 lbs. is pretty proportional to that, I think. He might put some more muscle on, but flexibility is just as, if not more important to longevity.

starfan1

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not worried about it.

Dak is without question our best player on the Cowboys. Lamb is great, but his lack of speed and strength may limit him. Route running, and catching ability are off the charts.
I get his lack of strength but his speed ? You don’t think he’s fast enough? I guess he looks quick. Heck he probably don’t need to have blazing speed for the slot

conner01

Reaction score

..not the way he is playing. I bet they let go Coop before DD.
It’s a long time before lamb is even up for a contract
Cooper wouldn’t even be here then though I think Cooper will be gone sooner than so think
I think 2021 is his last year here