CeeDee Lamb fined for unnecessary roughness

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
The NFL needs to pay for their office holiday party somehow. Do you think money just falls out of the sky in NYC? I suspect some caterer presented a $22K estimate earlier in the week.

cowboyed

Reaction score
What happened to the game I love???

I guess CeeDee forgot to detach his head a yard from making contact and reattach his head once the play was over. It seemed to me he was running hard but low to not make head to head contact.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
this has been a rule for awhile, you cant use the helmet as a weapon.
D.Murray was penalized for this and maybe fined too.

I dont agree with the fine in this instance, and he could injure his own neck doing this, but it is football.
He can afford the fine though,

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wow. Shameful display of corruption in the NFL Office. Guy catches a pass, runs forward and gets tackled. In the process of gaining more yards, his head lowers to absorb a hit. He's fined. For unnecessary roughness. In a football game. Wow.
You know the irony here is in that same game this first series of the game we're trying to protect the players right how does CD lamb get his face mask grabbed like hands to the face and got hugged on the same play causing us to have to punt and they don't call it but they call that on him the irony is thick...

Again if you're trying to protect players aren't the hands to the face and the face mask it's it's the one thing you gotta call right I mean we're talking about helmets well you remember Rico was that in game one I can't remember full grab of the helmet kept him from going another 10 yards no call///

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this has been a rule for awhile, you cant use the helmet as a weapon.
D.Murray was penalized for this and maybe fined too.

I dont agree with the fine in this instance, and he could injure his own neck doing this, but it is football.
He can afford the fine though,
I don;t know what else CD is supposed to do there. "get low" has been a hallmark of running with the ball since...forever. How else do you do that?

I didn;t see him launch himself...which then would fit the definition of "weapon".

Flamma

Reaction score
That's an arbitrary fine, and certainly not consistent. Some of these players need to fight back. Appeal it through the union first. If that fails, go to court. He'll almost certainly lose, but it will cost the NFL money to defend it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hopefully Lamb will learn a lesson from this.

He also had the personal foul after his TD for taunting .

He appears to have a bone to pick with everyone or just a chip on his shoulder.

It’s time for him rise above this petty behavior. That will set a better example.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Instead of keeping his head up and possibly having his neck jerked back by the impact with the DB, he lowered it into the defender while being tackled to protect himself. That's obviously a penalty now.
Yeah it's the Marion Barber rule. Using your head as a battering ram.

I beleive so many of these hits with the head would stop if more emphasis was placed on form tackling to the centre of mass - the waist.