CeeDee Lamb: How would you describe this year

Sydla

Reaction score
This sums it up perfectly. WR1/WR2 can't drop a crucial 3rd in a playoff game. See what Kupp did after fumbling yesterday? Went out there and got open for the play to win the game

Ummm, but where was the concentration by Kupp on a crucial drive when he fumbled? You guys are being selective in how you want to criticize Lamb.

Case in point his drops are not out of line with other top level WRs. Yet people are acting like he drops balls left and right. The notion that he drops "clutch" passes is again largely a misnomer.

He had a nice 2nd year on an offense that at times struggled. Is he Jamaar Chase? Nope. Is he Devante Adams? Nope. Is he a really good WR? Yep. But listening to some of you, you'd think he was Deonte Thompson out there.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I will still take Chase over Lamb.

Yep and Chase is a touchdown anytime he touches the ball. Ceedee is shifty but doesn’t have anywhere near the 4.2 speed of Chase. I like Ceedee and hope he goes on to have a great career here but he hasn’t shown the raw talent that Chase has shown. Especially as an outside wr.

ondaedg

Reaction score
ask the OC why he doesn't call plays to the hot hand or the WR with man single coverage and force feed them the ball as they are open? the paly calls all seem to be locat primary throw it or not and not to exploit weaknesses or the open guy!

that goes for AC who was calling for more balls and Troy commented on how often Ceedee was man and getting open against the 9ers and dak ignored him and it appears BY DESIGN. the OL doesn't help when you don't have time or on the run and you miss a WR open to the opposite side of the field etc

we can go back to the same reason we don't have run game, always playing behind the chains and seem to get out schemed by defense more times than not

The OC, OLC, and Penalties by the OL just torpedo drives.

this isn't CEEDEE Issue its we saw many times down the stretch in many seasons since 2019.. Moore getting exposed and mistakes creating a bad situation playing 1st and 20 ..i2nd 15 3rd and 10 over and over and over. Nothings easy..

stop blaming individuals for these issues when we see the biggest issue is the offensive scheme, no run game and penalties.

Yep. Perfect example is the 38yd pass play wiped out by Conner Williams’ tackle of the defensive player after he blew right by him.

Sydla

Reaction score
he is an average player at best not a number one he drops way to many balls

Literally you are just making things up.

He does not drop "way too many balls" unless you think every WR not named Devante Adams drops way too many balls.

ondaedg

Reaction score
It was one of his strengths in college by making people miss. Different level of athleticism in the pro game. How many people has he made Miss on punt returns or jet sweeps? He’s had his fair share of chances.

This is exactly what I told a buddy of mine. Shiftiness only gets you so far in the NFL.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1100 yards 9 tds with 79 receptions

with all the hype coming out of this off-season, I was kind of underwhelmed

it was a solid season, but not great and he had a bad drop in the final 2 minutes of the playoff game

I’ll take 1,100 yard and 6 TDs any day on what was a pretty anemic passing offense for 2/3rds of the season.

If you put CD on a team that has a top tier QB I promise he puts up something closer to 1400 yards and 12 TDs.

He does have a bit of a drop problem but I still think the dude is a great receiver. Just think about, how many yards has our top receiver gone for in any of the Dak Prescott years? Not many more than 1,000.

Also, I just looked up the nfl leaders in drops and CeeDee only has 4. That puts him in very good company. Just for reference Keenan Allen had 9, Jamar Chase had 9, and Deebo Samuel had 7.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
CZ at it again with the nonsense takes

“hes not that spectacular after the catch”

:45 mark

play right before halftime

Like i said, he has to cut down the mental errors and stop dropping the easy ones. He will be fine

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nothing will work if the OL is not improved and the penalties continue. Most importantly, they need to scheme away from a passing team. with Dak as QB. Teams have figured out how to limit Dak as a passer.
yes like any team stop the run cold and have an OL hold you wish 4 man rush playing max coverage, stops many teams.ok its NOT DAK.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
His head was definitely on a swivel on that 2nd down drop at 2 minutes left. Seemed more concerned about getting hit than bringing in the ball.
True. Sucks. Can't blame him. It led to his concussion. The game can be brutal for WRs going over the middle, but the greats keep doing it and succeed.

ondaedg

Reaction score
CZ at it again with the nonsense takes

“hes not that spectacular after the catch”

:45 mark

play right before halftime

Like i said, he has to cut down the mental errors and stop dropping the easy ones. He will be fine

Some of those tight window throws from Dak were amazing. Oh wait you were trying to prop up Ceedee. Guess you screwed that up. Lol!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Keep him accountable, but keep this receiver intensely involved and hungry to succeed. He is not the problem in the least. Leave him alone!

ondaedg

Reaction score
Nothing will work if the OL is not improved and the penalties continue. Most importantly, they need to scheme away from a passing team. with Dak as QB. Teams have figured out how to limit Dak as a passer.

7-man coverages vs 3 WRs would limit Dan Marino and Joe Montana too.