Twitter: Ceedee Lamb is not reporting to camp

AbeBeta

Reaction score
No surprise.

He shouldn't. The market is set for WR. No reason for him to play without at least 100 mill in guarantees. He goes to TC and has a season ending injury and he's likely out a ton of money.

You'd have to be stupid not to hold out. And you'd have to be stupid to criticize him for it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
No surprise.

He shouldn't. The market is set for WR. No reason for him to play without at least 100 mill in guarantees. He goes to TC and has a season ending injury and he's likely out a ton of money.

You'd have to be stupid not to hold out. And you'd have to be stupid to criticize him for it.
Yep, once Justin Jefferson signed, the market was set in stone for top WR pay.

Like you said, it would be beyond stupid for Lamb to show up to camp and start running routes without getting his payday first............he makes a cut and his cleats "dig in" and his ACL or Achilles pops...........that is millions down the drain.

His agent would be committing professional malpractice to let Lamb report and start practicing.

Adreme

Reaction score

Like you said, it would be beyond stupid for Lamb to show up to camp and start running routes without getting his payday first............he makes a cut and his cleats "dig in" and his ACL or Achilles pops...........that is millions down the drain.

His agent would be committing professional malpractice to let Lamb report and start practicing.
I am a little surprised he is not going the Love route and reporting but not practicing but I guess it is in effect the same thing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I am a little surprised he is not going the Love route and reporting but not practicing but I guess it is in effect the same thing.
Thats a good point, I wonder if he could avoid being fined if he just showed up but refused to practice without a new contract???

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Thats a good point, I wonder if he could avoid being fined if he just showed up but refused to practice without a new contract???
That’s what TO did, remember he would jog around and bat balls down thrown at him. I think that ended up being a distraction for the team and he came across like a pouting baby. Just let the agent handle it.

I think I might do the same thing if I were Parsons.

Dak is a little different story, they might not want him anyways so a holdout and he misses what 40m this year. His next contract might only be 150ml

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That’s what TO did, remember he would jog around and bat balls down thrown at him. I think that ended up being a distraction for the team and he came across like a pouting baby. Just let the agent handle it.

I think I might do the same thing if I were Parsons.

Dak is a little different story, they might not want him anyways so a holdout and he misses what 40m this year. His next contract might only be 150ml
$29 million this year. Zero guaranteed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We all knew he wasn’t going to show up for camp when he didn’t show up for mandatory OTA’s. You could see this holdout coming in a mile away.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
So are we exploring any trade possibilities, or are we just going to wait until the middle of August, sign him to a massive extension, and let him not practice with the team?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb has zero concerns about being fined.
I don't believe the fines are optional with the last negotiated CBA as they were designed specifically to prevent hold-outs.

However, my guess is the salary cap jumped high enough that it's making the total fines less of an issue for the higher tier salary players so that is why we are seeing an increase of hold-out threats this year compared to last year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
CeeDee holding out at TC is not a surprise. I expect him to be re-signed during TC and certainly see him missing no game time in the regular season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Yet another example of the Jones's procrastination biting them in the tail......

Then again, I saw an interesting theory on Twitter. Someone stated that they wonder if the Joneses are having financial trouble from all the recent legal stuff. I know they have a lot of money, but legal expenses are not cheap. I think I know a way they can add some more money to the bank if needed.

Patrick

Reaction score
Get your money young man. The Jones' don't care about you or you would have had a contract long ago.

Get paid before you end up in the same situation as MG13.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Yet another example of the Jones's procrastination biting them in the tail......

Then again, I saw an interesting theory on Twitter. Someone stated that they wonder if the Joneses are having financial trouble from all the recent legal stuff. I know they have a lot of money, but legal expenses are not cheap. I think I know a way they can add some more money to the bank if needed.
Jerry is worth over 14 billion. No one in his family will have financial trouble for the next 100 years or more, even with the high cost of legal fees.