Twitter: Ceedee Lamb is not reporting to camp

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
However, my guess is the salary cap jumped high enough that it's making the total fines less of an issue for the higher tier salary players so that is why we are seeing an increase of hold-out threats this year compared to last year
This or throwing an extra million in the contract.............sneaky but doable (lol). I think about it, if you are giving him $100m contract, what's an extra million to cover the fines?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Let’s recap the WR position:

1. We trade Cooper for basically nothing cause Big and Little are mad at him about vaccines and such

2. Use that money to resign Gallup, who at the time had no ACL. Cause you know, they were getting him on the “cheap”

3. Alienate your star receiver by not paying him market value that every other team manages to figure out.

What a clown show.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no doubt Cedee Lamb will be signed before the season starts. I have no doubt he will be paid as much or more than Jefferson whose contract set the market FLOOR for Lamb’s deal.

So I only have one question: What did waiting all this time to sign Cedee accomplish for the team? It won’t save the team money. What benefit will it bring to have waited?

John813

Reaction score
I have no doubt Cedee Lamb will be signed before the season starts. I have no doubt he will be paid as much or more than Jefferson whose contract set the market FLOOR for Lamb’s deal.

So I only have one question: What did waiting all this time to sign Cedee accomplish for the team? It won’t save the team money. What benefit will it bring to have waited?
Probably just on vacation, fighting legal battles and watching their Netflix show on repeat.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Geez Jerry, just go ahead and pay the guy already. We know you are going to end up paying him. Do it now so he can be with the team. I swear Jerry just loves the drama. Lamb's price is only going to go up the longer it takes to sign him.
Yep. It’s NFL front office 101. Except here.

Flamma

Reaction score

I've said this before. All guaranteed money for a player has to be put aside in a separate account. Saying it's guaranteed isn't enough. You have to have the money up. They're looking at having to put aside roughly 450M for the 3 players. That's probably not just sitting around.

Think of yourself and your net worth. How much of that is in available cash? They own a team, so they probably have an account for this. But still, 450M is a lot. I just think they are slow in getting it together. Because there is no benefit otherwise.

fivetwos

Reaction score

I’m sure that’s what they would like to do, but it’s probably tied to getting Dak signed first, no?

If they sign CD now, they can’t keep telling Dak that they don’t have money for his WR1 unless he takes a salary hit.

For now….my best guess is this is Jerry’s ego vs Prescotts leverage and yeah, Jerry is gonna lose per usual.

Yeah….what he was gonna do all along anyway will end up costing more than it should have, but not at all the first or last time Jerrys ego cost the franchise and the fans.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've said this before. All guaranteed money for a player has to be put aside in a separate account. Saying it's guaranteed isn't enough. You have to have the money up. They're looking at having to put aside roughly 450M for the 3 players. That's probably not just sitting around.

Think of yourself and your net worth. How much of that is in available cash? They own a team, so they probably have an account for this. But still, 450M is a lot. I just think they are slow in getting it together. Because there is no benefit otherwise.
I'm not understanding this though because they knew this day would come. They had probably 2 or 3 years to plan for this. This is worse than mismanagement this is incompetence.

stiletto

Reaction score

Maybe it is the message more than the $$ to Jerry.. Not happy with CeeDee dropping passes and sulking on the sidelines in the playoff games maybe? Kind of kidding but also wondering if that pettiness exists?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe it is the message more than the $$ to Jerry.. Not happy with CeeDee dropping passes and sulking on the sidelines in the playoff games maybe? Kind of kidding but also wondering if that pettiness exists?
The crazy “settlement” Jerry just issued to his daughter he denies seems to support the idea he would rather go to court and fight a stupid legal battle just to end up paying the person millions anyway.

We will probably never know how much money Jerry paid in legal fees plus whatever millions he paid Alexandra Davis but I bet it’s more than if he had just done the right thing all along. If he had just owned his mistake all along he probably would have saved a bundle of cash. This guy cannot seem to admit his mistakes though.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't believe the fines are optional with the last negotiated CBA as they were designed specifically to prevent hold-outs.

However, my guess is the salary cap jumped high enough that it's making the total fines less of an issue for the higher tier salary players so that is why we are seeing an increase of hold-out threats this year compared to last year.
I thought this too. But Bobby Belt stated on the latest Love The Star podcast that rule doesn’t apply to players on their rookie contract. Players on a rookie contract can still have the fines waived by the team.

stiletto

Reaction score
The crazy “settlement” Jerry just issued to his daughter he denies seems to support the idea he would rather go to court and fight a stupid legal battle just to end up paying the person millions anyway.

We will probably never know how much money Jerry paid in legal fees plus whatever millions he paid Alexandra Davis but I bet it’s more than if he had just done the right thing all along. If he had just owned his mistake all along he probably would have saved a bundle of cash. This guy cannot seem to admit his mistakes though.
He prefers to look right than be right. Money is no object to that dude. He doesn't care about paying any of the millionaires a little more $$. He's a multi-billionaire. It's like refusing to tip a skycap to him...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There were/are zero mysteries about:
  • When a Cedee Lamb deal needed to get done. We knew last fall it was this spring and that Justin Jefferson and Cedee Lamb will be leading the WR market. Jefferson signed a few months ago now.
  • How much money Cedee is now worth. The market has been set. They will not be able to pay him a penny less than market value that was set with Jefferson’s deal. Waiting does NOTHING positive.
There is ZERO excuse or reasoning for the foot dragging on contracts. IMO the Jones boys do this because they are not under any pressure to win. All the other front office’s negotiating contracts have their jobs on the line.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not understanding this though because they knew this day would come. They had probably 2 or 3 years to plan for this. This is worse than mismanagement this is incompetence.
We don't know their procedure. I'm not suggesting this took them by surprise. But this amount of money can take some time to gather together. It has to come from someplace.

Flamma

Reaction score
There were/are zero mysteries about:
  • When a Cedee Lamb deal needed to get done. We knew last fall it was this spring and that Justin Jefferson and Cedee Lamb will be leading the WR market. Jefferson signed a few months ago now.
  • How much money Cedee is now worth. The market has been set. They will not be able to pay him a penny less than market value that was set with Jefferson’s deal. Waiting does NOTHING positive.
There is ZERO excuse or reasoning for the foot dragging on contracts. IMO the Jones boys do this because they are not under any pressure to win. All the other front office’s negotiating contracts have their jobs on the line.
They cost themselves money by doing this. I really don't see the point unless they are serious about not paying anyone this year.