Twitter: Ceedee Lamb is not reporting to camp

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We don't know their procedure. I'm not suggesting this took them by surprise. But this amount of money can take some time to gather together. It has to come from someplace.
Even if we assume this takes time it certainly doesn't take 2 or 3 years to collect this money. I think this reeks of incompetence honestly.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not understanding this though because they knew this day would come. They had probably 2 or 3 years to plan for this. This is worse than mismanagement this is incompetence.
Something else I wanted to mention. In regard to you saying they knew this day would come 2-3 years ago.

If they are so forward thinking, why didn't they sign CD last off season? What would be cap cheaper, signing Lamb and Diggs at the same time, or Lamb and Dak? This isn't all that complicated if you're thinking ahead.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Something else I wanted to mention. In regard to you saying they knew this day would come 2-3 years ago.

If they are so forward thinking, why didn't they sign CD last off season? What would be cap cheaper, signing Lamb and Diggs at the same time, or Lamb and Dak? This isn't all that complicated if you're thinking ahead.
I ask this every week and people tell me "it takes two".....

To me in order to get a deal done early you have to overpay. AJ Brown got done early and got overpaid now the deal doesn't look as bad. Cowboys either don't want to do that or their players don't want to sign early. But the Cowboys don't seem interested in signing guys early they want to set the market after everyone else is signed. I don't get it personally and never will.

Flamma

Reaction score
I ask this every week and people tell me "it takes two".....

To me in order to get a deal done early you have to overpay. AJ Brown got done early and got overpaid now the deal doesn't look as bad. Cowboys either don't want to do that or their players don't want to sign early. But the Cowboys don't seem interested in signing guys early they want to set the market after everyone else is signed. I don't get it personally and never will.
The vast majority of players want to be paid as soon as possible. That removes injury from the equation. If they offered Lamb top market value last year he would have taken it. Look at all of these QBs. They're all taking deals after their 3rd year except for Jackson. Why the Cowboys want to keep waiting is beyond me.

stiletto

Reaction score
He will be there when he gets there, we have absolutely zero rush nor motivation on getting CD in asap.
What's he lose? $50k a practice (which is never) then $900k for each pre-season game? He'll be there for the pre-season games.. lol Anyone will roll outta the rack for $900k for a day of standing around.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Smart move by Lamb and like the poster above said.. Cowboys are taking the year off anyways.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CeeDee will be the first, and hopefully the only, of the big 3 to be signed.