CeeDee Lamb isn't expected to attend the start of Dallas' voluntary off-season program Monday

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
he said he was going to be a "leader" this year lol
not much of a leader so far.
I just saw someone somewhere else call him a leader lol, do we really have any leaders when it comes to money? All of the players push for the others to get their money, why care if a player holds out and isn't there

Tussinman

Reaction score
So you expect Lamb to hold out once the season starts? Not a chance. And if he skips training camp and preseason he’ll have to pay millions in fines. No win situ for Lamb unless the Cowboys bid against themselves like they did with Dak.
Players on rookie deals still get forgiveness so he can get those fines waived once Jerry caves.

CD played 4 years already and was a top top 100 player for the last three. There's no way he's playing on the 5th year option which is basically a one year prove it extension.

He's already proved himself, you either sign him or trade him
He will copy the Martin play book. Did Martin get fined?

Take all of the reps at training camp. Do not let your potential replacement get any starting reps. Then threaten to sit a week before week 1.

GM Jethro knows it's not personal, it's just business.

Then expect Micah to do the same the following year.
Since Martin wasn't on his rookie deal he had to eat the fines (no forgiveness on the new rules for non rookie deal holdouts) but the people that where whining about him having to pay fines are penny smart dollar dumb. Is eating a million or two in fines worth getting tens of millions more in guaranteed money ?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He will copy the Martin play book. Did Martin get fined?

Take all of the reps at training camp. Do not let your potential replacement get any starting reps. Then threaten to sit a week before week 1.

GM Jethro knows it's not personal, it's just business.

Then expect Micah to do the same the following year.
We’ll see….I don’t think the front office will be giving out any extensions this off-season. If they had planned on extending Dak and Lamb before the season starts, they’d have done it two months ago.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I just saw someone somewhere else call him a leader lol, do we really have any leaders when it comes to money? All of the players push for the others to get their money, why care if a player holds out and isn't there
How is Trance going to build a connection with him?

Chasing6

Reaction score
We’ll see….I don’t think the front office will be giving out any extensions this off-season. If they had planned on extending Dak and Lamb before the season starts, they’d have done it two months ago.
That is the point of holding out.

CD has more than earned a new contract. Why would he risk $17M for a potential injury that could cost him $100M?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Devonta Smith is a number 2 receiver and the Eagles paid him like a one. That is not smart.
In less than 12 months neither will be in the top ten in WR compensation. Only one more year of guarantee on the Brown deal and they can say goodbye. They have an “out” on the Hurts deal after two more seasons, although it still carries a big cap hit. That team has a contingency plan if they fail.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
1. I wouldn't, either, why risk injury?
2. Nothing they do in the workouts Cee Dee can't do on his own.
3. Lots of players miss these workouts, nothing to see here.

Total non-issue...
On the contrary - they let you know who wants to put in the work to win championships.

I'm now on the trade CeeDee for picks train.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Jerry just daring someone to hold out this year.

He’s not breaking the checkbook open on this current group of players. I think Diggs was the outlier perhaps due to his work ethic? I think we might see some player trades the way things are shaking out.

LysleE

Reaction score
he said he was going to be a "leader" this year lol
not much of a leader so far.
This^^^
I believe this lack of leadership to be a huge problem for Dallas; also believe that CD and Micah were also preaching accountability…then both are no-shows for voluntary workouts…so much for setting the example by doing the voluntary things that are not required,
No wonder the Cowboys are playoff pretenders and not contenders. One would think Dallas would be motivated to get better and erase that bad taste in their mouths from the embarrassing beat down the Packers put on them in the playoffs.
Oh…wait…my bad…they were tired!

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dumb and Dumber better get used to it. You want good players-you pay! Simple! For the two Simpleton's.

CWR

Reaction score
It's cute to know that he won't be fined for missing a voluntary workout cutey!!
Lol how dare you. Seriously it's how every hold out begins. With enough smoke there will be fire. Don't be suprised to see it carry over.

At the very least, it's not a "good" sign.