Video: Ceedee Lamb route running breakdown better than Jerry Jeudy?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was also obvious that the Cowboys reached on Travis Frederick, who many had going in the third round at the highest.... oh wait.

It was not "obvious" until the players hit the field. Just because you know nothing about football doesn't mean you have to keep embarrassing yourself. You can stop now.

Ceedee---has so much "Dog' in him....he will excel big time

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Shh, don’t ruin everything. Even though we haven’t been to even a championship game in 25 years, we’re the smartest guys in the room. Our board is the one true board and we’re the only team capable of drafting “BPA”. Our draft had so much “value”, that all of our picks from round one through five were reportedly in a six way deadlock with Joe Burrow to be the #1 pick on Cincy’s board.
Shh, go follow another team. :thumbup:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Violent hips, lol.

I know, right? He should get them insured. Never heard that term before. I've heard of stiff hips for a DB so maybe that means we drafted Lamb to convert him to a corner and will have a battle royale in the secondary for spots.

wrongway

Reaction score
I know, right? He should get them insured. Never heard that term before. I've heard of stiff hips for a DB so maybe that means we drafted Lamb to convert him to a corner and will have a battle royale in the secondary for spots.
The ridiculous over the top descriptions. Shakira has violent hips. Lol

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Ruggs is faster and that seems to be all the Raiders care about. Jeudy and CeeDee were 1-2 best WRs, so depended on which team liked who.
I was just looking at the 98 draft, Moss was the 2nd WR picked at 21. Kevin Dyson was taken at 16. What was the deal there? I dont remember why Moss went so low.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I'll start off by saying I know absolutely nothing about these college kids that got drafted but if CeeDee Lamb is supposed to be the end-all, be all of this WR class and a can't miss prospect, then why was he only the 3rd receiver taken in the first round? I've seen others ask this but not seen any real explanation. Why did Ruggs and Jeudy go before him?

Lets start off by saying Raiders are idiots. Ruggs was the 3rd or 4th best WR for Alabama. Raiders always go for the speed. Pretty much everyone was surprised Raiders took Ruggs as the first WR.

People had Jeudy or Lamb as #1 - most had Lamb but you could make a case for either being the top WR. If you just look around at sites player rankings you will Lamb usually #1 and Jeudy #2

Lets just be thankful Raiders picked Ruggs - Its not uncommon for them to mess up their draft. They took Damon Arnette with their other 1st round pick and he was considered a late 2nd round pick or maybe 3rd round. Several corners drafted after him were considered better than Damon Arnette including Diggs who Dallas took in the 2nd.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Lets start off by saying Raiders are idiots. Ruggs was the 3rd or 4th best WR for Alabama. Raiders always go for the speed. Pretty much everyone was surprised Raiders took Ruggs as the first WR.

People had Jeudy or Lamb as #1 - most had Lamb but you could make a case for either being the top WR. If you just look around at sites player rankings you will Lamb usually #1 and Jeudy #2

Lets just be thankful Raiders picked Ruggs - Its not uncommon for them to mess up their draft. They took Damon Arnette with their other 1st round pick and he was considered a late 2nd round pick or maybe 3rd round. Several corners drafted after him were considered better than Damon Arnette including Diggs who Dallas took in the 2nd.

The raiders annoy me. They keep acting like they know something no one else does with these massive reaches (not so much Ruggs, but the rest). The DE pick from last year was stupid. You could have got him in the late 1st easy, why not trade down from #4 and get more picks and still get your guy? Same with Arnette this year.

All it does is put pressure on these picks to perform at a level they shouldn't have had to. You can't draft someone expecting to go in the 3rd early in the 1st and not have those expectations break them down mentally. It's not their fault they were picked, but the fans won't care.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
In 2019, Lamb had 62 receptions for 1,327 yards and 14 touchdowns. He missed the first Baylor game with a head injury after taking a big hit against Iowa State, but Lamb returned to the field after only missing one contest. Sources say that Lamb is a good kid despite being known to be a big partier. It might help him to go to a team with a city and environment that helps him to focus on football.

star-ving

Reaction score
Almost as violent as this

HappygoluckySophisticatedHylaeosaurus-size_restricted.gif

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
Lamb led the nation in yards per catch and in broken tackles. I will take his production over a pure speed guy in Ruggs. Lamb has very special talent on the field and the Cowboys have not had a top one with his skill set in decades. I would love to see him on 3rd and one, fake to Zeke and hit Lamb on a slant and watch what he can do. Also on bubble screens. This guy makes people miss him in the open field.

In addition, I would love to see Gallup and Cooper go deep, taking 3-4 DB's with them, and have Lamb settle in underneath 15-20 yards downfield and get him the ball with an open field.

I would love to see a 3 WR set, with Pollard and Zeke in backfield, put Pollard in motion, and all receivers go deep after a fake handoff to Zeke and give Pollard the ball in a wide open field. 5 DB's would be going deep, with only 2 others covering the open field for Pollard to outrun them for big yardage.

Run the ball with Zeke all day long with DB's far from LOS.

And when least expected, Blake will jar the hell out of the defense with his MOOSE IS LOOSE running in the open field.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I heard that the Broncos claim that they had Jerry Jeudy #1 on their board. CeeDee Lamb was #2 on their board. This is overall, not just wr.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'll start off by saying I know absolutely nothing about these college kids that got drafted but if CeeDee Lamb is supposed to be the end-all, be all of this WR class and a can't miss prospect, then why was he only the 3rd receiver taken in the first round? I've seen others ask this but not seen any real explanation. Why did Ruggs and Jeudy go before him?
Ruggs and Jeudy played in a pro style offense in the the best conference in college football. CeeDee did not have the greatest combine. If he ran a 4.4 forty he is not getting out of the top eight. Cowboys also got a break because teams could not invite players to their facilities. The pandemic changed everything.