CeeDee Lamb Targets

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not trying, you are.
you called him a dropper ie needs to clean up his drops, you are wrong, 100% wrong, no players perfect and hes 3 pages deep lie way way at the bottom of the league in drops ..but here you are like most here just taking unnecessary shots at our own players and somehow all year i see the place lauding players on other teams who btw have 2-3 times more drops many of the bigger names in 2021 dropped it so much more its non issue for Lamb,. Only our fans trying hard to make relevant statement and ended up like this,

15c4dd3592db9eb7cf791fd55b7039f5.jpeg

the standard for our players vs others around the league has a gap lie the grand canyon..its ignorant really.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you called him a dropper ie needs to clean up his drops, you are wrong, 100% wrong, no players perfect and hes 3 pages deep lie way way at the bottom of the league in drops ..but here you are like most here just taking unnecessary shots at our own players and somehow all year i see the place lauding players on other teams who btw have 2-3 times more drops many of the bigger names in 2021 dropped it so much more its non issue for Lamb,. Only our fans trying hard to make relevant statement and ended up like this,

15c4dd3592db9eb7cf791fd55b7039f5.jpeg

the standard for our players vs others around the league has a gap lie the grand canyon..its ignorant really.
One drop is too many, especially when it kills a drive! You can defend him and Google him all you want, but i still think he drops the ball and running a bad route and not being where your QB expects you to be. Counts as a drop to me. That's how we graded our players and that's how I watch games. Go back to google.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
One drop is too many, especially when it kills a drive! You can defend him and Google him all you want, but i still think he drops the ball and running a bad route and not being where your QB expects you to be. Counts as a drop to me. That's how we graded our players and that's how I watch games. Go back to google.....
there you go expecting perfection. Lets start and stop there you are being that guy and if you cant be realistic well, im not taking much you say seriously. Anther fan trolling for clicks and likes..

hes nit dropper period end of story and not many WRs in history has went all season with starter like snaps and not dropped any..TO was knowns a s dropper all the way to the HOF and top 3 in NFL history and CEEDEE not a dropper, prefer CD to become TO drops or not just go out play hard ,full speed, and make plays..Unlike coop who didn't play full speed all out with passion each play..I like AC but i believe Lamb will be better player for us.

so,

all qbs should be 30 -30 with 150 rating every game, all wrs shouldn't drop one pass, no OL should miss one block, no lb should miss one tackle, no cb should get beat once, on and on and on of ridiculous fan expectations just so they have reason to come grab up likes with false narratives.

Look out Pros the the internet knowtitalls who are perfect in every way are waiting for you to make mistake to come and rip you every day,, mostly because they cant play Pro Ball and are jealous of your contracts and stature.

back to reality..

again, good try and a total fail.

please walk out of your house floating and walk on water mr perfect

im sure you wont make one mistake as person or within your joib today , like ever..LMAO OH but you are such an irrelative minion no one will notice and come on a forum and judge your every move.that the exact thing that wrong with this place. Unrealistic expectations, we need 53 JCs on this team..we bow to the all mighty fan base who just like to be right and make false narratives to distract themselves from there daily grind..

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
there you go expecting perfection. Lets start and stop there you are being that guy and if you cant be realistic well, im not taking much you say seriously. Anther fan trolling for clicks and likes..

hes nit dropper period end of story and not many WRs in history has went all season with starter like snaps and not dropped any..TO was knowns a s dropper all the way to the HOF and top 3 in NFL history and CEEDEE not a dropper, prefer CD to become TO drops or not just go out play hard ,full speed, and make plays..Unlike coop who didn't play full speed all out with passion each play..I like AC but i believe Lamb will be better player for us.

so,

all qbs should be 30 -30 with 150 rating every game, all wrs shouldn't drop one pass, no OL should miss one block, no lb should miss one tackle, no cb should get beat once, on and on and on of ridiculous fan expectations just so they have reason to come grab up likes with false narratives.

Look out Pros the the internet knowtitalls who are perfect in every way are waiting for you to make mistake to come and rip you every day,, mostly because they cant play Pro Ball and are jealous of your contracts and stature.

back to reality..

again, good try and a total fail.

please walk out of your house floating and walk on water mr perfect

im sure you wont make one mistake as person or within your joib today , like ever..LMAO OH but you are such an irrelative minion no one will notice and come on a forum and judge your every move.that the exact thing that wrong with this place. Unrealistic expectations, we need 53 JCs on this team..we bow to the all mighty fan base who just like to be right and make false narratives to distract themselves from there daily grind..
I retired when I turned 50, 5 years ago.....so, i will not make any mistakes at my job today. Lol!! I will say this though, when I was coaching I held myself, my staff and players accountable. I didn't give anyone a free pass, especially myself.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Don't know about targets for Lamb, but generally speaking I'm surprised at how many around here have soured on him as far as being able to be a great player in this league.

I think he is absolutely a bright spot and has all the talent anyone can ask for.

I AM worried about him in the 'brand' culture though. If he focuses on being great he will. That could go either way, but I'd wager he at the very least puts up numbers that suggest "#1 WR."

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't know about targets for Lamb, but generally speaking I'm surprised at how many around here have soured on him as far as being able to be a great player in this league.

I think he is absolutely a bright spot and has all the talent anyone can ask for.

I AM worried about him in the 'brand' culture though. If he focuses on being great he will. That could go either way, but I'd wager he at the very least puts up numbers that suggest "#1 WR."
He has the potential to be a number one....he just needs to mature a bit and take it by the horns....he'll be fine

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This offense is just a collection of plays. There is very little rhyme or reason, little in the way of setting things up, little in the way of trying to get the best weapons the ball.

Motorola

Reaction score
He has the potential to be a number one....he just needs to mature a bit and take it by the horns....he'll be fine
With the exit of Cooper and Wilson, along with the delayed return of Gallup to perhaps 1/4 to a 1/3 into the upcoming season = Lamb being the initial focal point of the Cowboys' downfield passing attack.
Expecting #88 to work hard and achieve \ excel in 2022.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this not concerning...if the FO had a plan they should have made CeeDee more of a focal point going into the end of the season:

Last three games of the season he had 5/4/2 targets. 4 Targets only in a must win NFC game? Did not notch over 100 yards after the MIN and NE game, some of this may be attributed to the blow outs but still? No touchdowns after Week 9.

This OC is a huge problem. MM is digging his own grave doing this as well, not sure if he's just collecting a pay cheque at this point but he's definitely not making it look that way going on these visits. Over 100 yards in Week 1 and did not have this opportunity again until the NE game, showed he can do it and our team just didn't work him into the offense ever again. I don't see how we can't use him like Devante and make the gameplan for him, so I have hope. OL can be solved in RD 1, but we will still have a problem at WR. WR can be solved in RD 1, but our coaches and QB will not utilize them to their full extent.

A lot of holes right now where talent is needed, this is kind of making me want to shore up the defense but I can see IOL/WR/LB as a RD 1 threat. In conclusion I just wanted to point out, why not get our future WR 1 involved in the latter part of the season going into the playoffs, instead we let him crumble away and Amari was the one complaining.

# 1 WR is worthless in a Dak-Friendly world as Dez and Coop proved without a doubt!
The front office finally made a sensible move letting Coop go but Collins will be missed.
Dak friendly is a run-or-die offense as the passing game is a non-factor against winning team defenses.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak will continue to waste WR talent because he cannot read defenses or pass his receivers open. If the receiver is not wide open he cannot deliver a pass to him. His accuracy and his analysis of defenses continues .

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
CeeDee needs a lot of work, too many drops and not always on the same page with Dak, his route running needs to be cleaned up. That stuff is worked out in the off season and not during the season or playoff game. If he's truly a number one, he and Dak will be attached at the hip this off season. I think and I hope he becomes a true number one for us. He has the talent.

that is where a OC shines, instead of running his schemes , he need to scheme to put his players in best position to contribute. YAC is a big thing with Lamb and not route running ( He may need some work ) , so scheme to give the ball early and often to lamb in short passes ( easy for Our QB too ) and let lamb produce. With OL improving ( I hope it does after draft) that would give the Qb some confidence to let go of the ball to WRs so that they can at least try to make contested catches.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that is where a OC shines, instead of running his schemes , he need to scheme to put his players in best position to contribute. YAC is a big thing with Lamb and not route running ( He may need some work ) , so scheme to give the ball early and often to lamb in short passes ( easy for Our QB too ) and let lamb produce. With OL improving ( I hope it does after draft) that would give the Qb some confidence to let go of the ball to WRs so that they can at least try to make contested catches.
You are too level headed and objective for this thread! How dare you!! Lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
# 1 WR is worthless in a Dak-Friendly world as Dez and Coop proved without a doubt!
The front office finally made a sensible move letting Coop go but Collins will be missed.
Dak friendly is a run-or-die offense as the passing game is a non-factor against winning team defenses.
:muttley::muttley::muttley:

ondaedg

Reaction score
Do we really need a number one wide receiver?

Yeah... Dak said that.
Dallas with Dak is a run first team. They need to run to set up the pass. With a weak offensive line and a tightend named Shultz...good luck with that. Tagging Shultz was dumb for that reason alone.

Fix the OLine, fix the offense.

He said that in a post game interview because they spread the ball around more than most teams. Get the context right please.

ondaedg

Reaction score
You would think that approach is best but defenses fooled Dak too often. The open receiver didnt get the ball thrown to him. Too often, it went to a check down or covered receiver.

Wow so your expert assessment is "defenses fooled Dak too often" and "the open receiver didn't get the ball thrown to him"? So insightful!

:lmao:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He said that in a post game interview because they spread the ball around more than most teams. Get the context right please.
A train of thought is a train of thought. Whether it comes out as a joke or it comes out when someone's drunk. Drunk minds speak sober thoughts. And jokes are just honest takes on life. So context has no bearing in the case, because he was waiting weeks to say that.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Dak will continue to waste WR talent because he cannot read defenses or pass his receivers open. If the receiver is not wide open he cannot deliver a pass to him. His accuracy and his analysis of defenses continues .

Amazing analysis!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Is this not concerning...if the FO had a plan they should have made CeeDee more of a focal point going into the end of the season:

Last three games of the season he had 5/4/2 targets. 4 Targets only in a must win NFC game? Did not notch over 100 yards after the MIN and NE game, some of this may be attributed to the blow outs but still? No touchdowns after Week 9.

This OC is a huge problem. MM is digging his own grave doing this as well, not sure if he's just collecting a pay cheque at this point but he's definitely not making it look that way going on these visits. Over 100 yards in Week 1 and did not have this opportunity again until the NE game, showed he can do it and our team just didn't work him into the offense ever again. I don't see how we can't use him like Devante and make the gameplan for him, so I have hope. OL can be solved in RD 1, but we will still have a problem at WR. WR can be solved in RD 1, but our coaches and QB will not utilize them to their full extent.

A lot of holes right now where talent is needed, this is kind of making me want to shore up the defense but I can see IOL/WR/LB as a RD 1 threat. In conclusion I just wanted to point out, why not get our future WR 1 involved in the latter part of the season going into the playoffs, instead we let him crumble away and Amari was the one complaining.
Lamb was the most targeted guy on the team. At the end of the season, Cooper complained and said publicly he needed to be targeted more for the Cowboys to be successful. He was. After the season, this was seen as a problem. Cooper, the top paid professional, or Ceedee, the guy on a rookie contract and whom you control for 3 more seasons? Easy choice. Barring injury, the receiving corps will be fine. We don’t need another #1. We need another #2.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb had more targets and receptions than any Cowboy last year, and there was no reason to force feed him the ball before the playoffs when the Cowboys were blowing out an opponent. And, ultimately, he is the guy still on the team while Cooper is gone. I don't see how any of this adds up to the Cowboys not having a plan for Lamb.