CeeDee Lamb vs Justin Jefferson

Thomas82

Reaction score
The popular opinion is that Justin Jefferson is the better receiver, but I noticed that some on this board believe CeeDee is better. I was just curious about why some favor CeeDee over Jetta.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The popular opinion is that Justin Jefferson is the better receiver, but I noticed that some on this board believe CeeDee is better. I was just curious about why some favor CeeDee over Jetta.
Better 2024. If you do Jets #'s over 17 games, Lamb still has better across the board. Jefferson has been the more productive player over his career though. It just depends on how you want to judge it

Adreme

Reaction score
Better 2024. If you do Jets #'s over 17 games, Lamb still has better across the board. Jefferson has been the more productive player over his career though. It just depends on how you want to judge it
Even that requires the massive caveats that Jefferson was both dealing with a backup QB, an injury, and only played 10 games. Despite the first 2, saying Lamb still requires the caveat on a per game basis Lamb had more catches but Jefferson had more yards.

Basically Lamb had volume on his side last year. This is not saying Lamb is not great, as he is a top 5 guy, but he is not Jefferson.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jefferson is bigger and faster. CeeDee is tougher and performed better in the playoffs. I think Cheetah is the best receiver followed by Jefferson and Chase. Lamb is real close though but the big 3 have that break away speed that you can’t teach.

The more I think about I am not sure if the other three could handle CeeDee’s volume. CeeDee gets double digit targets practically every game without injury. I don’t know if the other guys are as durable.

JBS

Reaction score
People in here are clueless

Jefferson was more polished coming out of lsu. That’s why his career numbers to this point are better. Aside from Jefferson being more injury prone than Lamb, lamb has no closed that gap. Lamb will be the more productive player this season and probably for the foreseeable future

Havic

Reaction score
Jefferson is better but CD is far more consistent more importantly available. Jefferson has been missing a lot of time with injuries

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Jefferson puts up numbers regardless of how bad Cousins plays. Remeber during the fanless games, where you could hear him yell "throw the F N ball Kirk". Lmao.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Cd has missed zero games to my knowledge
What I focused on was you calling out Jefferson for missing "a lot of time with injuries" when he's missed a total of 7 games in 4 years, all of them last season, i.e., his first time ever missing games due to injury and not some recurring thing like you implied.

But even spotting CeeDee an extra 7 games Jefferson has only caught 3 fewer balls yet with 750 more yards and averages a full 2 yards per catch better over their 4 year careers. They're different types of receivers but the better production is clear.

Havic

Reaction score
What I focused on was you calling out Jefferson for missing "a lot of time with injuries" when he's missed a total of 7 games in 4 years, all of them last season, i.e., his first time ever missing games due to injury and not some recurring thing like you implied.

But even spotting CeeDee an extra 7 games Jefferson has only caught 3 fewer balls yet with 750 more yards and averages a full 2 yards per catch better over their 4 year careers. They're different types of receivers but the better production is clear.

I agree which is why I said Jefferson is better but CD has closed the gap and is consistently more available. This season will be interesting for Jefferson. Is this the start of another injury riddled season? We will see

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Clearly its his SPEED!!!! He's not Tyreek, but he gets open and past people better than CD other than that, that's it!