CeeDee Lamb vs Justin Jefferson

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think they’re pretty close actually but yeah, Jefferson is a little better.

The only thing CeeDee has over Justin is he has done a better job staying healthy.

Both are really good though.

Creeper

Reaction score
Jefferson is a little better I think. But these comparisons are subjective so there is no right answer.

Retro88

Reaction score
I really like Lamb but the only time I'd take him over Jefferson is for FF this season.

starfan1

Reaction score
I do think CD has improved some of the flaws he had early on and is a top 3 or 4 receiver but i wouldn't take him over Jefferson. The only receiver I would take over him is the cheetah. I don't think the most the recent contract #s Jerry put out was a low ball necessarily as we are here in Texas but whats another million to Jerry.

But Im hearing its also years that an issue. Cmon Jerry get it done

MarcusRock

Reaction score
CD might actually be a better route runner, and a bit more effective against 1-1 coverage (though, debatable).

But Jefferson is way ahead in being competitive at the catch point. CD has been a little disappointing at times on contested catches.
No truer than in this case. I know they're different types of receivers but when CeeDee can make catches like this with the game on the line (this was a 4th & 18 catch), or at any point, for that matter, then I'll think about placing him with the elites. This here was the best modern day catch ever besides the Beckham one.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The popular opinion is that Justin Jefferson is the better receiver, but I noticed that some on this board believe CeeDee is better. I was just curious about why some favor CeeDee over Jetta.
to be honest justin jeffersons numbers didnt drop when he played with a bunch of backups. pretty steady playmaker. hard to know what would JJ do with Dak and the offenses we have had vs MN?

bottleKids

Reaction score
CD might actually be a better route runner, and a bit more effective against 1-1 coverage (though, debatable).

But Jefferson is way ahead in being competitive at the catch point. CD has been a little disappointing at times on contested catches.
I wish I could like this post 10 times... this perfectly gives a fair comparison and is right on point. CeeDee also has a better history of staying on the field, which helps his numbers, and bodes well for us as fans.

Mikexike

Reaction score
The popular opinion is that Justin Jefferson is the better receiver, but I noticed that some on this board believe CeeDee is better. I was just curious about why some favor CeeDee over Jetta.
I take Jettas all day because he can make those contested catches. Plus I don't think he would let Jaire GB CB walk all over him in a meaningful game.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I also take into account the QB skill level that is throwing them the ball. In this case, it's pretty even.

Thomas82

Reaction score
What I focused on was you calling out Jefferson for missing "a lot of time with injuries" when he's missed a total of 7 games in 4 years, all of them last season, i.e., his first time ever missing games due to injury and not some recurring thing like you implied.

But even spotting CeeDee an extra 7 games Jefferson has only caught 3 fewer balls yet with 750 more yards and averages a full 2 yards per catch better over their 4 year careers. They're different types of receivers but the better production is clear.
I think part of it has to with CeeDee getting off to a slower start because he wasn't the Cowboys #1 receiver in his first 2 years, and he played with 4 different quarterbacks hin his rookie year.