CeeDee Lamb vs Justin Jefferson

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
No truer than in this case. I know they're different types of receivers but when CeeDee can make catches like this with the game on the line (this was a 4th & 18 catch), or at any point, for that matter, then I'll think about placing him with the elites. This here was the best modern day catch ever besides the Beckham one.

Wait, Ceedee has to make one of the best catches of all-time just for you to even think about placing him w the elites?

Lmao

Cowboyszone.com :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’ll see what Jefferson‘s production is like with Sam Darnold whose career best season was 3024 yards with 19 TDs.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wait, Ceedee has to make one of the best catches of all-time just for you to even think about placing him w the elites?

Lmao

Cowboyszone.com :laugh:
Hyperbole but the gist of it is big time moment catches. For example, if Dez' finger lands in bounds and he holds on to the ball in Green Bay, his legacy would be multiple times greater in fans' eyes. 2 catches that weren't good make the difference between mini legend and "pretty good." Call them signature moments if you want.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Better 2024. If you do Jets #'s over 17 games, Lamb still has better across the board. Jefferson has been the more productive player over his career though. It just depends on how you want to judge it
Jefferson would have had more yards if you prorate his games for a full season.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Jefferson is better but CD is far more consistent more importantly available. Jefferson has been missing a lot of time with injuries
Outside of last year he has missed 1 game, which was his Rookie year. What do you consider inconsistent? In his first 3 years he averaged 1,600 yards a year and 8 td's per year.

Havic

Reaction score
Outside of last year he has missed 1 game, which was his Rookie year. What do you consider inconsistent? In his first 3 years he averaged 1,600 yards a year and 8 td's per year.
I explained later on in this thread. This is a big season for him. Will he stay healthy this year? We will see. Sometimes once injuries start with WR it’s a cascade effect. Like victor Cruz or miles Austin comes to mind

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I explained later on in this thread. This is a big season for him. Will he stay healthy this year? We will see. Sometimes once injuries start with WR it’s a cascade effect. Like victor Cruz or miles Austin comes to mind
I think it was just a hammy that kept him out last year, and he is hardly considered an injury concern or prone to them right now. He got his contract and has nothing left to prove. The challenge will be whether their QB even gets him the ball. JJ would have been started at some point in the first half, but now we know this won't happen

Havic

Reaction score
I think it was just a hammy that kept him out last year, and he is hardly considered an injury concern or prone to them right now. He got his contract and has nothing left to prove. The challenge will be whether their QB even gets him the ball. JJ would have been started at some point in the first half, but now we know this won't happen
Hammy is what completely derailed both Austin and Cruz. It’s a big season for his legacy. CD and him are close but if he continues to miss games from injury, I’m putting CD above him. They are close enough between the two that I’m valuing availability greater.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
No truer than in this case. I know they're different types of receivers but when CeeDee can make catches like this with the game on the line (this was a 4th & 18 catch), or at any point, for that matter, then I'll think about placing him with the elites. This here was the best modern day catch ever besides the Beckham one.

Lance would have to be in, because Dak doesn't throw that bad of passes any longer.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The popular opinion is that Justin Jefferson is the better receiver, but I noticed that some on this board believe CeeDee is better. I was just curious about why some favor CeeDee over Jetta.
CeeDee is available. Jefferson has signed a deal with another team. CeeDee is a better option than someone not available to the Cowboys. The “market” is driven by demand, and supply. CeeDee’s agent gets it. I don’t know why so many others don’t get it.