Ceedee vs Amari (First 4 games)

ghst187

Reaction score
Thats never been the question. The question was always was he worth 20 million against the cap vs what Gallup is against the cap..Ive always said we made the right decision.

we didn’t even use the money for anything so how in the world did we do the right thing? we just ditched a very good WR and added nothing in return….we could’ve kept him another year at least.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
hard to argue with what gallup just did in his first game back, but i’m taking amari every time w/ their cap hits
We can agree to disagree. Personally, if Im paying a WR 20 million, he better be an absolute difference maker stud. I do not believe Cooper is that, so I am quite happy they let him go.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i loved amari...when he was here.
screw cleveland.
ceedee lamb is why you can move off of a receiver like coooooop.
the drops drive me crazy.
but......damn he is ONLY GETTING STARTED.
:flagwave:CEEEEEYAAAA:flagwave:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually I think Cooper's bad games have been more cold weather games more so than just road games. He has had some good road games in warm weather situations.. I wanna say he had damn near a 200 yard game in Miami when he was with the Raiders.. Of course, that's his home town.. We all get a lil extra juice playing in front of our home boys.
So far this season for the Browns ..

game #1 -- Away (6 targets / 3 catches / 17 yards)
game #2 -- Home (10 targets / 9 catches / 101 yards)
game #3 -- Home (11 targets / 7 catches / 101 yards)
game #4 -- Away (4 targets / 1 catch / 9 yards)

Total yards at home = 202
Total yards on road = 26

As I said, there are exceptions as there are with most things, but it is way too common for him to disappear in games, especially away games, than it should be for someone with his talent and skills.

I liked Cooper, I just did not think he was worth $20 million and I still don't. That is not to say I think Lamb is worth that either at this point.

If Cooper had accepted a pay cut down to around $10-12 million per year, I would have been happy for him to stay.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
we didn’t even use the money for anything so how in the world did we do the right thing? we just ditched a very good WR and added nothing in return….we could’ve kept him another year at least.
The plan was to keep Gregory, that didnt happen.
Next year, we are going to need that money. Again, I am very happy we didnt retain Cooper.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Amari Cooper

20 Catches
228 yards
2 TDs

Ceedee Lamb
23 Catches
288 yards
2 TDs

One is/was considered a WR1 here while the other is considered a WR2 that only benefitted bc all the attention went to the other

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
He is still #2 , Noah is #1.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't care if your mom didn't say me CLOWN! I'm telling you. No one cares about your feelings of 'I can like both can't I'. If you don't like the answers then stop quoting me and take your nose pickin' a.ss and root for the Browns. It's not my fault your boy sucked.

you’re an overly emotional weirdo. why would i root for the Browns? because so happen to still like a former Cowboy? that’s due to how much i love the Cowboys. Are you 12? just repeat things said to you, bring up moms, and call people nose pickers? lol you’re either young, drunk or slow.

Proof

Reaction score
The plan was to keep Gregory, that didnt happen.
Next year, we are going to need that money. Again, I am very happy we didnt retain Cooper.

he had zero guaranteed money left. if we needed the money next year, easy fix. trading him was moronic at this juncture. Franchising Schulz was the head scratcher.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One thing that has always been common with Cooper is that he has great stats at home and not-so-great stats on the road.

There are exceptions of course, but it is a lot more common than it should be for a receiver with his talent.

Home field Amari Cooper is a first ballot hall of famer. Away field Amari Cooper doesn't make an NFL roster. Mystifying.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Amari was a stud here. I don't see how you guys have forgotten that already. He was really good. He will have a good year.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
I wouldn't be trashing cooper just yet for the entire year.especially when he is about to have Watson throwing to him. He's still better than lamb right now, but lamb has been closing that gap since that drop

Watson gonna be trash when he comes back.