CeeDee vs Jefferson, by the numbers

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I guess the question is will he take less than Jefferson and if so, how much less? Probably not much........as a matter of fact, Jefferson could see his numbers go down a bit over the next couple of years with a rookie QB.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How much do they average per game played? I know JJ has had some injury issues.

I'm guessing the numbers widen a little when adjusted for that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Jefferson only played 10 games last year.

The catches and yards wouldn’t even be close if he played a full season.

That said… Lamb should get less, but he won’t, because the market is screwed up in the NFL and the owners need to fix it.

The “next guy automatically becomes the highest paid” model is about the dumbest thing in the NFL.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I guess the question is will he take less than Jefferson and if so, how much less? Probably not much........as a matter of fact, Jefferson could see his numbers go down a bit over the next couple of years with a rookie QB.

He is the only one of the three (Dak and Micah) I would pay. I would trade Micah if I could get 2 early first and maybe a 2nd!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Jerry is NOT giving Lamb 35 mill a year or more. So this will be interesting.
He gave Dak 40 when they highest paid QB was making 41, he gave Martin multiple position-setting contracts, he gave Tyron Smith a record contract, he gave Trevon Diggs a top contract, he gave Zeke a record setting contract…

Why is CD the one who isn’t worth it?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jefferson is the better receiver between the two.....CeeDee is better in the pouting department during games and should slot in just under what Jefferson got,,,
Yeah Jefferson lit the Giants up in the playoffs two seasons ago. :rolleyes: Half of the board thinks Dak is a trash quarterback so CeeDee has to get credit for throwing to himself. The comparison is they both are on a path to the Hall of Fame. CeeDee has the right to want and receive a similar contract.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

On the news last night they said Jefferson has the highest average receiving yards per game in NFL history at 98. Just from the numbers above he averages 2 yards more per catch at 15 vs. 13.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He gave Dak 40 when they highest paid QB was making 41, he gave Martin multiple position-setting contracts, he gave Tyron Smith a record contract, he gave Trevon Diggs a top contract, he gave Zeke a record setting contract…

Why is CD the one who isn’t worth it?
He’s been burned by 2 (Dak and Zeke) and jury is still out on the 3rd (Diggs).

That might be why he’s reluctant.

John813

Reaction score

60 games played by Justin Jefferson.

6.53 catches per game
98.3 YPG
0.5 TD per game

66 games for CDL

5.98 catches per game
77.9 YPG
0.48 TD per game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

That should work in Lamb's favor....he's durable and never been hurt.

But I think Lamb like Devonta Smith has taken a hit playing his career with Gallup and Amari. So he got off to a slower start.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just my take ........I don't see much separation between the two. It's not like Jefferson has Cheeta's speed. I do like that CeeDee plays all three WR positions at a high level, especially the slot. I can't say the same about Jefferson coz I have not seen it .........that's not to say he doesn't, I don't know.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just my take ........I don't see much separation between the two. It's not like Jefferson has Cheeta's speed. I do like that CeeDee plays all three WR positions at a high level, especially the slot. I can't say the same about Jefferson coz I have not seen it .........that's not to say he doesn't, I don't know.
I think it is that a common preconception is Jefferson being a reincarnation of Randy Moss.

Redline360

Reaction score
Love C.D but Jefferson is the better reciever of the two by a small margin.

Plus you know Lamb has a top 10 quarterback throwing to him vs meager Kirk Cousins who is just an average quarterback to this forum