CeeDee vs Jefferson, by the numbers

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That should work in Lamb's favor....he's durable and never been hurt.

But I think Lamb like Devonta Smith has taken a hit playing his career with Gallup and Amari. So he got off to a slower start.
Lamb has also played on team that featured a 2 time NFL rushing champ not to mention 11 games his rookie season with hot garbage at QB and then in the 6 games Dak has missed he's had to endure let's just call it a "pedestrian" QB play. Lamb is also the more versatile of the two with over 300 yards rushing in his career as well as his kick return ability. I think Lamb's agent has a compelling case that CD is the better all around football player and thus worthy of the higher paycheck. If only by one dollar.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
That should work in Lamb's favor....he's durable and never been hurt.

But I think Lamb like Devonta Smith has taken a hit playing his career with Gallup and Amari. So he got off to a slower start.
Health is a good thing but the numbers show Jefferson being more productive on the field. If I was open to giving a contract, that what would be my starting point as an owner. I'm willing to pay you as one of the best receivers in the game but not equal or better than a guy who is better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Health is a good thing but the numbers show Jefferson being more productive on the field. If I was open to giving a contract, that what would be my starting point as an owner. I'm willing to pay you as one of the best receivers in the game but not equal or better than a guy who is better.
Well Jefferson production wise was a bigger part of the Vikings offense than Lamb was. Lamb was a slot receiver here with Gallup and Amari here. But I do think early on yeah Jefferson came out the gate strong and was the best receiver of that class and has become the best receiver in the league.

But in 2024....things have change some. WE can debate who's better but one thing that's clear is they are of the same caliber. Lamb's team will bring that to the table and Jerry can't come to the table and be naive on that. Lamb won't get paid what he was in 2022 he's gonna get paid based on what he did in 2023 and that was become the best receiver in the league.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Jefferson only played 10 games last year.

The catches and yards wouldn’t even be close if he played a full season.

That said… Lamb should get less, but he won’t, because the market is screwed up in the NFL and the owners need to fix it.

The “next guy automatically becomes the highest paid” model is about the dumbest thing in the NFL.
I was about to say the same thing. But luckily Ceedee so far has been pretty reliable. But Jefferson is that dude and was heavily targeted in their system. Its interesting to see how he does without Kirk though. Those numbers are probably going to take a nose dive.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Realistically are both of these players going to continue putting up the same amount of numbers for the next four years that justifies those contracts and do these mega contracts actually push the team to the next level in the playoffs?

bottleKids

Reaction score
CD is a top WR in the NFL. He is more durable than Jefferson, but tends to be more dramatic. Pros and cons to both ... CD should get a deal close to Jefferson and if its a little more I would not be surprised. If it was the same or a little less, I would not be surprised, but bottom line is he should be right around this number, and deservedly so.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
At this point would Lamb accept what Jefferson got?

Probably not. Thanks Jerry.
cmon, thanks jerry? You do know that Lamb and jefferson SHARE THE SAME AGENT?

Lamb wasnt signing before Jefferson. Jerry cant put a gun to someone's head and force them to sign. How do you know Jerry didnt offer 31 million per, which would have made lamb the highest paid wr, and Lamb said thanks but no thanks?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

That said… Lamb should get less, but he won’t, because the market is screwed up in the NFL and the owners need to fix it.

The “next guy automatically becomes the highest paid” model is about the dumbest thing in the NFL.
100%

NotForLong

Reaction score
Love C.D but Jefferson is the better reciever of the two by a small margin.

Plus you know Lamb has a top 10 quarterback throwing to him vs meager Kirk Cousins who is just an average quarterback to this forum
I believe the exact opposite actually. Amazing

jwitten82

Reaction score
I see no reason why Lamb would take less than Jefferson, yes I think Jefferson is a bit better, but you think Lamb does? He's going to wanna be the highest paid receiver in the leage. I dont expect Dak, Lamb, or Parsons to give any type of discounts

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Fisher said yesterday that T. hill's agent has already been in contact with the Dolphins so they can remedy the situation. he just signed a new deal. So what does the fact Jefferson got a larger deal have to do with his contract> teams can not simply keep redoing deals every year because player X surpassed them, Ala AJ Brown, now Hill.... who is next? Wait, Dak just got 60, if I am Joe Burrow Im walking into the GM's office with a big smile on my face.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Are you suggesting the owners get together and discuss what they can do collectively “to fix it”? If that were legal, which it isn’t, it still would not happen. Owners invest their own money to purchase teams. They no doubt feel they can better judge how to run their league better than fans can. The popularity of the NFL indicates they are correct. “the dumbest thing in the NFL” are its fans. (now that Antonio Brown is out of the league)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Are you suggesting the owners get together and discuss what they can do collectively “to fix it”? If that were legal, which it isn’t, it still would not happen. Owners invest their own money to purchase teams. They no doubt feel they can better judge how to run their league better than fans can. The popularity of the NFL indicates they are correct. “the dumbest thing in the NFL” are its fans. (now that Antonio Brown is out of the league)
It needs to be stopped and my hope is they all collectively decide a percentage of cap that is allowed at each position and you cannot pay that position over that.

Or

You do like the NBA and have max contracts that require you to meet certain prerequisites to qualify for said contract.

plasticman

Reaction score
During the time that CeeDee has been in the NFL, from 2020 to 2023, three receivers have more receptions. They are Stefon Diggs, Davante Adams, and Tyreek Hill. The three of them plus Justin Jefferson are the only receivers with more yards over that four year period.

CeeDee is ranked 8th in TD's. The four previously mentioned guys are ahead of him as well as Mike Evans, D.K. Metcalf and Adam Thielen.

During the seasons 2020 thru 2023, there were 90 receivers with 200 or more receptions. Of those 90, CeeDee is ranked 43rd in yards per reception, the middle of the pack. He is ranked a respectable 17th in catch percentage.

It might be interesting to note that Lamb and Jefferson are the only1st round picks in the top ten for receptions during that time period. Both Diggs and Hill, ranked 1st and 3rd, are former 5th round picks,

Ther are two 2nd round picks, Adams and Michael Pittman Jr. There are four 3rd round picks, Keenan Allen, Cooper Cupp, Tyler Lockett and Chris Godwin.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Can anyone here imagine a world where Stephen Jones gives Lamb a $140 plus million dollar deal?

Anyone?

Let’s watch these morons destroy his value now.

conner01

Reaction score
They are almost identical