THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I miss Travis Frederick.

200px-Travis_Frederick_September_2016.jpg

conner01

Reaction score
At first glance, the Cowboys center position is as ho-hum as it comes. Tyler Biadasz, 25, is a multi-year starter looking to take another step in his development. With 45 career starts to his name and no veteran challengers breathing down his neck, he’s essentially a lock to win the top spot on the depth chart.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...hem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook
No guy who’s started that many games is gonna have any real competition
The depth is an issue but I think Farniok is much better at center than guard, but unproven. He reminds me of Tyler because they aren’t powerful players but Tyler blocks side to side fairly solid

conner01

Reaction score
Is it really that easy for a 3rd year center to make the pro bowl?

I also have no problem with Farniok as the backup. He looks like a really strong guy.
I think he could be a much better center than guard

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Center position doesn't get much love in Dallas' war room and it shows up in the soft middle of that line.
What? The Cowboys have invested more draft capital on the interior of the offensive line than just about anybody over the last decade or so.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a fan of Biadasz and think both this article and this fan base underrate him as a player. In the article they talk about how flawed the PFF rankings are but then quantify that by saying it's okay as long as all players are ranked under the same flawed ranking. That makes zero sense and I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt. Biadasz is a technician at center, works really well on double teams, and seems to be good at adjusting protection pre-snap. This is also only his 6th year playing center ever. He was an all state defensive lineman before being recruited to play center at Wisconsin. Freshman All-American in 2017, Rimington Trophy winner in 2019, 4 starts as a rookie in 2020, missed only 1 game over 2021/2022, reduced his penalties to on 4 in 2022, and made the Pro Bowl. He seems like a player who's done nothing but slowly get better to me. I'm all for competition at all positions and we all heard that Farniok would push him last season. He didn't, and neither did McGovern.
Fair enough. For a player who switched positions, he is doing well enough. Can only get better if he stays at it.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
My take...

...a great center will cover up the weaknesses of a middling QB.

Fastest way to disrupt any QB is a rush up the middle of the pocket.

When we look at Dak's rookie year one's gaze shouldn't move any further than his o-line. They made him and Zeke that year.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Interesting to see how they handle the commitment at C. Biadasz has so much experience and investment in him it would makes sense to keep him. Farniok offers more physical gifts, but he hasn't beaten out Biadasz yet, maybe Solari gives Farniok a chance but I doubt it. The question is do they pay Biadasz, or let him walk and pay Farniok...or draft a guy in 2 years?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Interesting to see how they handle the commitment at C. Biadasz has so much experience and investment in him it would makes sense to keep him. Farniok offers more physical gifts, but he hasn't beaten out Biadasz yet, maybe Solari gives Farniok a chance but I doubt it. The question is do they pay Biadasz, or let him walk and pay Farniok...or draft a guy in 2 years?
Farnok is not certain to even make the game day roster. So the idea that they dump Biasasz for him is ridiculous.

Farnok has show nothing in real games to be confident of anything about him.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Farnok is not certain to even make the game day roster. So the idea that they dump Biasasz for him is ridiculous.

Farnok has show nothing in real games to be confident of anything about him.
It doesn't matter. If they don't want to pay Biadasz he's gone next year, and Farniok could very well be an option. Also, Lindstrom or Hoffman could an option.

You don't like Farniok cool, but if they don't want to pay Biadasz you might just have to suck it up.