Chad Hutchinson now #1 in Chi town

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hey...maybe the Bears can sign QC and he can battle Hutch for the starting spot.

Yes yes. Then we can all go to a Bears msg board, read their QC vs Hutch threads and realize how stupid we all were for 2 years.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Rack said:
Yes yes. Then we can all go to a Bears msg board, read their QC vs Hutch threads and realize how stupid we all were for 2 years.

*LMAO*

Excellent point...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hey...maybe the Bears can sign QC and he can battle Hutch for the starting spot.

gotta bust him out of rehab first I think...

and I read somewhere last week that if he did find a sucker to sign him, he'd be suspended for the first 4 games

David

Reaction score
Hutch is better then Grossman anyway...
A thousand times better then bong head Carter...(Has he learned to take a snap yet?)

He will be fine and the haters will find someone else to hate... :cool:

ghst187

Reaction score
50cent said:
Hey Matt Leinart................ the Bears are now on the clock.
my thoughts exactly...

best wishes to Hutch though. I hope he does well.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Scotman said:
I agree with all of the sentiments here. But one thing keeps popping into my mind over this. It used to be that quarterbacks sat on the bench for years before they ever saw the field. It took years for them to develop. I'm still not convinced that some of the younger guys we have run through won't end up being players at some point. Not necessarily Hutch, but some of them. We don't seem to really groom qb's anymore.
Not all QB's sat on the bench. Terry Bradshaw, Steve Bartkowski, Bert Jones, Bernie Kosar and Troy Aikman just to name a few all started as rookies. Granted they all struggled a bit at first but they came on later and often the struggles were due as much to the team surrounding them as it was to their own rookie mistakes.

And you see what happens when you try to develop a QB in house. Something like 4 threads last night about "Let's sign scrub QB X to replace Henson/Romo". Not that Parcells is going to listen to the fans but some people do...Jerry listens probably too much.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
As for Grossman I hate to see this. The kid seems to play well when he is healthy (that 10 to 20 percent of the games he is healthy for). The Bears have the worst luck of any team since Tampa Bay changed their uniforms.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rack said:

If that happens, I'm goin' over there and starting a "boxing scorecard" thread...

Rack and a few others will get that, the rest of you won't... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
A thousand times better then bong head Carter...

The ONLY advantage Hutch has ever had over Carter is the ability to stay away from recreational drugs... each and every year both have been in the league, Quincy has put up superior numbers... every time they've gone head to head for the starting job, Quincy has won...

And while Grossman ain't much, the Bears knew that he was superior to Hutch...

15 games played, 20 fumbles... 'nuff said... well, except to note that I understand that he fumbled again last night, on his THIRD, and final pass attempt of the game... if he keeps that up, he'll be holding a clipboard for Orton...

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
I don't know how hutch will do but I know this, he's going to be getting what Drew should be getting and that's experience.

We had the perfect opportunity to give Drew playing time last year when it was obvious we weren't going anywhere.

Now Henson's entire throwing motion has been tampered with and he seems worse thus far this year.

So Hutch might suck or he might be good, but one things for sure, he's going to get a chance to find out.

jman

Reaction score
silverbear said:
The ONLY advantage Hutch has ever had over Carter is the ability to stay away from recreational drugs... each and every year both have been in the league, Quincy has put up superior numbers... every time they've gone head to head for the starting job, Quincy has won...

And while Grossman ain't much, the Bears knew that he was superior to Hutch...

15 games played, 20 fumbles... 'nuff said... well, except to note that I understand that he fumbled again last night, on his THIRD, and final pass attempt of the game... if he keeps that up, he'll be holding a clipboard for Orton...

And you know what?...One's in the league and the other is not.

Also, the word "superior" doesn't belong anywhere near these three...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Martice said:
That sort of sounds like Drew to me.

On the surface maybe. But Drew averages 1 fumble every 59 attempts. Hutch is close to 1 in every 20 attempts. That is a huge difference. When Drew doesn't have time, he takes a sack or gets rid of the ball. When Chad has no time, its going the other way.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Man you gotta hate that for Grossman... he'll be a 3rd year starter with minimal regular season experience.

Marilyn Manson is now the QB... GO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!

Catch-22

Reaction score
hutch.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
A thousand times better then bong head Carter...(Has he learned to take a snap yet?)

He will be fine and the haters will find someone else to hate... :cool:

I guess that is why he lost the starter's job to Carter in 2003, because he is better than Carter.

silverbear

Reaction score
jman said:
And you know what?...One's in the league and the other is not.

While true, you know perfectly well that's not a talent issue, but rather a drug issue... on pure talent alone, Quincy Carter long ago laid to rest the question of who was better, himself or Hutch...

Also, the word "superior" doesn't belong anywhere near these three...

Point taken, LOL...