Chad Jackson's Stock Rising Today!!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Or a bad season or three at Michigan. TERRIBLE hands.

Hmm.. He doesn't have terrible hands since he made one of the most spectacular catches in 2004. But yeah, no way is he consistant. He is no way shape or form, No. 1 or 2 reciever. Not fast enough either.

IN other words, at best 7th rounder in my opinion or FA. Heck Michigan WRs with batter numbers than him were flops. He is no where close to them. But I guess you never know, although you rather not take the chance with a Draft pick on him.

scottsp

Reaction score
BigWillie said:
But the thing about this is that Jackson is every bit quick as he is fast. He put that on display during the CFB All Star Event. During an almost obstacle course like run, going under trampolines and over pylons, he beat out Sinorice Moss in that event as well.

I don't doubt Chad's game quickness at all.

And that very well may be. He looked great. I would just caution putting too much stock into these combine workouts. I'd be much more into team workouts and the interview process.

Route running seems extremely important to me. You mention quickness and that's important, I agree. Straight line speed is certainly nice to have, but it's not the end-all a lot of folks make it out to be. If CJ is quick in and out of his breaks and doesn't round off routes...if he is good at getting his head around for passes, he just might be ready to roll. Otherwise, he might take more time as he works on polishing some things.

I'll be interested in how this kid fares in the workout rounds for various clubs. He's definitely helped himself in Indy.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Parrothead said:
Ran VERY FAST at the combine today. Officially ran a 4.32. He did struggle with weaving on the gauntlet drill but caught all of the passes. Stock is rising today to late 1st, early 2nd.

I would hate to take Jackson at #18, however, he does look good running that 40 yd dash.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ZenItRam said:
Has anyone looked at Hank Baskett? Could be a sleeper ... 6-4 220 4.55

Yeah, I've watched him play his entire College career. He looks overwhelmed in drills at the combine. I will tell you that Baskett is much better then what he's showing at the combine but then again, you gotta be able to hit the right notes when the curtain goes up and the lights come on so......

He has much better hands then what I've seen in Indy this week. I never thought he was a real speed guy but he's always been able to jump and he fights for the ball. Decent speed, I would say. Not great speed.

ZenItRam

Reaction score
So, he could be a good possession receiver ... like how we use keyshawn, but younger with a possible up side ...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ZenItRam said:
So, he could be a good possession receiver ... like how we use keyshawn, but younger with a possible up side ...

I think he could be but he's not a guy that is going to make an impact the first year. I think it will take him a couple of camps but I believe he could be a real player for some team.

Armbender

Reaction score
Would love to get this guy in the 2nd round. He reminds me of a TO/Chad Johnson hybrid:star:

Reaction score
I think Chad Jackson is the clear number 1 WR in the 2006 draft, the guy does it all....as I clearly remember people on this board was questioning his "deep" speed and I think his 4.3 40-yard dash put an end to all those people. And he had the best hands on the Florida team the past 2 years. I don't see too many weaknesses in Jackson's game.